Thanks Thanks:  19
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Credits
    cant help you with coolers, but I´ve heard only good bout Coolermaster....actually I think I have it....

As for two monitors, u can use them to expand your work area/clone it/use one as monitor for video. I think almost all the graphic cards support that, but dont know how it works under Linux. It should since Linux is almost always used in proffesional sphere of video editing ...
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits

Post New computer: PSUs and monitors

I am not speaking about cooler systems, st39.6. I was talking about power supply units

I have this problem: I don't want generic PSUs. Brands available here with ATX 2.2 models: Thermaltake and Cooler Master (once found an Antec but very expensive, price is almost double than Cooler Master). I was adviced to not buy Thermaltake by a member of a Venezuelan forum (but he not specified why). Another user of the same forum commented that Cooler Master PSUs have not enough power to support PCIe graphic cards or something like that. So I want to know if someone here has an opinion about those brands.

The thing about the monitors: my two monitors have the old VGA connectors. I suspect that there are no more video cards with two of such connectors.

(source)

And sorry for so much questions.

Credits

Post PSU bought

Yesterday I bought my PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 650W (official page). I didn't found the Cooler Master iGreen 600 (which I believe is better, for example MTBF is 400,000 in the Cooler Master model and 120,000 in the Tt model I bought) but I didn't want to wait more.

(source)

Now I need to solve a problem with my home electric wiring because my UPS has a red light warning me to not use it with my present electric system.

Credits
    I have installed GNU/Linux Ubuntu last night. Some thoughts and comments here

j7wild Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
    Yesterday I bought my PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 650W (official page). I didn't found the Cooler Master iGreen 600 (which I believe is better, for example MTBF is 400,000 in the Cooler Master model and 120,000 in the Tt model I bought) but I didn't want to wait more.

(source)

Now I need to solve a problem with my home electric wiring because my UPS has a red light warning me to not use it with my present electric system.

Daammmmnnnn.... how big is that thing?

Credits

Post Tt PSU

That fan is 14 centimeters in diameter, j7wild. I believe that the size of this PSU is normal, nothing big

j7wild Guest

Red face

That fan is 14 centimeters in diameter, j7wild. I believe that the size of this PSU is normal, nothing big
    guess the photo makes it look bigger

Credits
    Bought a Nokia E62 smartphone to use as GPRS/EDGE modem on mi computer some moths ago (January 10, 2008). Still with the problem of how to make it compatible with GNU/Linux Ubuntu...

j7wild Guest

Question

Bought a Nokia E62 smartphone to use as GPRS/EDGE modem on mi computer some moths ago (January 10, 2008). Still with the problem of how to make it compatible with GNU/Linux Ubuntu...
    not sure if this helps:

http://www.linuxscrew.com/2007/09/12...-with-kubuntu/

Credits
    That's about how to synchronize e-mail options on the phone with e-mail program Evolution, but still it's interesting... Thanks j7wild

Credits
    Yesterday I bought a new hard disk drive, a 160 GB SATA disk, model WD1600AABS. A new OS will be installed on this one. I am thinking now if it will be Fedora 9, openSuSE 11.0 or FreeBSD...

Credits
    I installed openSuSE 11.0 last night. Some thoughts and comments soon...
    Last edited by jmcc; 07-07-2008 at 06:07 PM.

Credits
    On Wednesday, July 16, I bought an LCD monitor, Samsung, model 632nw, widescreen. It works at 1360x768 (first time I found such resolution) and has a screen of 15.6 inches.

Credits
    August 1st, 2008: bought a cheap nVidia graphics card.

Brand: XFX
    Model: GeForce 7200GS

I don't know how good (or bad) is that brand... I suppose the model is very basic but it will give me hardware acceleration for video playback and the possibility of use of Linux 3D desktop effects...

By the way, I found that the resolution of the LCD monitor mentioned on the previous post is simply an 16:9 common widescreen ratio but I still have not connected it to my PC... Let's see if I can do it after installing the graphics card...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123