Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Iron Man (2008)

Credits

Iron Man (2008)

Iron Man has his own teaser site now

http://www.ironmanmovie.com

however the site seems to be overloaded, so I cant even load it .... too many guests I guess

see some rejected costumes here
    http://www.ioberon.cz/?kat=7&clanek=92
    (sorry, have no time to search other webs for rest)

Thought the Iron Man logo is pretty nice. Simple and nice ....
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    Is it me or we have already started a thred on Iron Man??

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master View Post
    Is it me or we have already started a thred on Iron Man??
    even two...

http://www.movie-list.com/forum/show...highlight=iron

http://www.movie-list.com/forum/show...highlight=iron

Credits
    yup, sorry dïdnt check. But the threads are only bout casting or costumes, I thought this one might summarise ït. I posted thiis mostly because of the new webpage opened ..... but true is I didnt look for old ones, thought we dont have any. Sorry folks

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    You don't have to apologize. Everybody sometimes have problems with searching

Credits
    Source

I've been trying like crazy to dig up more info on the Iron Man armor for the upcoming movie. Previously I posted some rejected concepts for the Iron Man movie armor. Well right now IMDB.com is showing that Industrial Light and Magic (ILM) is handling the visual effects (VFX) for the Iron Man movie. Now pretty much anyone can open an account with IMDB and add info to a page without having to substantiate it, so I don't know if that's real information or just someone being cute and/or speculating on which company will handle the special effects.

I've stated previously here and elsewhere that the armor for the movie would closely resemble the current Iron Man armor in the comic books. As a matter of fact it almost seemed that the recent Ellis/Granov "Extremis" storyline was created in a very cinematic style, with an eye towards the upcoming film.

Well I'm 99% sure that's going to be the case, and here is a conceptual sketch for the armor from a compay that's being considered for the job. I can't say which one, so don't bother asking. :-)

As you can see, this concept sketch is incredibly similar to the version currently being worn by Tony Stark in the comics right now. The final design will no doubt change from the above rendering, but I'm pretty sure it will fall along those lines.

My opinion? It looks freakin' awesome and that's coming from a long time Iron Man fan. I read the original Bob Layton/David Michelinie run as it was published. :-)

I've also heard a rumour It's been confirmed by IGN.com that Stan Winston is working on a real, mechanical version of the armor, so I would think that in the final version the seams won't be as tight as they are shown below since realistically it doesn't seem to allow for movement. Then again mechanical FX are so advanced these days that maybe the suit could look just like it does above and still be functional.

Between the sketch above and talk of Stan Winston on the project, I'm getting ever more stoked about this movie. :-)
    Clark Kent is who I am. Superman is what I can do.

Credits
    now this is interesting
    Gwyneth Paltrow will join Robert Downey Jr. and Terrence Howard in Iron Man, the Jon Favreau-directed film that is being financed by Marvel Studios and released by Paramount Pictures on May 2, 2008.

Variety says Paltrow will play Virginia "Pepper" Potts, personal assistant to an industrialist who develops an armored suit to battle bad guys. Production begins in March in Los Angeles.

"These are popcorn films designed for broad audiences, but there are multidimensional characters that have brought us the best luck with actors," Marvel Studios president of production Kevin Feige said.

Credits
    No, no, no! Not Gwyneth... I don't like her since "Sky Captain..."

Credits
    next cast scoop, yet another "funny" guy to be in cast
    Get your best LEBOWSKI jokes ready - Jeff Bridges has signed on to join the cast of Jon Favreau's IRON MAN. Now seriously - is this not one of the finest casts assembled for a superhero flick? Aside from BATMAN BEGINS maybe, what Favreau has done here is truly impressive. Robert Downey, Jr., Terrence Howard, Gwyneth Paltrow and now Bridges. Each one of them at least nominated for an Oscar. As for what role Bridges will be playing exactly...ahh, there's the $64,000 Question. No one is saying exactly who in IRON MAN lore Bridges will be playing. The press release says "Bridges will portray a confidant and close business associate ...who plays a major role in shaping Stark's life." Now if your Bullshit Meter doesn't go off reading that, then you need to take it to the shop. Marvel head Kevin Feige added to the mystery by saying, "[W]e're excited to have him in this particular role. There are many facets to this character which I can't discuss..." If it's a character from the comics I'd almost have to say it's gotta be Mandarin. The description doesn't match Happy Hogan and who else is left? I'm not sure I look at Jeff Bridges and instantly see Mandarin but maybe I'm wrong? Anyone have any insight?

Credits
    Jeff Bridges is Obidiah Stane aka Iron Monger in Iron Man!! PDF Print E-mail
    Written by Stephanie Sanchez
    Thursday, 08 March 2007

While at a luau for the new animated film Surf's Up on the Sony lot tonight, IESB's Robert Sanchez chatted it up with a few of the name actors that are lending their voice to the film. One such actor? None other than Jeff Bridges.

ImageThe story of the new Jon Favreau directed Iron Man has been under tight wraps. We know Robert Downey Jr. is the infamous Tony Stark with Terence Howard as Stark's confidant, James Rhodes. Plus Jeff Bridges and Gwyneth Paltrow have joined the cast. But not much more than that is known. Well, folks, that may have all just changed!

IESB's Robert Sanchez found out some very interesting news during his quick talk with Mr. Bridges. While chatting, Sanchez asked, "What character do you play?"

Bridges reply, "Obidiah Stane."

This gives incredible insight into what storyline the film will follow! Obidiah Stane is the financier who, unknowingly to Stark, attacks James Rhodes and takes over Stark International. Stane's henchmen are known as the Chessmen due to his fascination with the game of chess since childhood. He renames it to Stane International. Tony relapses into alcoholism and walks away from his Iron Man role.

Subsequently, Rhodes dons the costume and continues the Iron Man legend.

Stane uses the notes and information for the Iron Man armor left behind by Stark to contruct his own brand of armor and goes by the name Iron Monger, but it's weakness? It's powered by an outside computer system.

Soon, Stark recovers and is back in action in his newly created armor the Silver Centurion model. He comes back to fight for his company and his pride against Obidiah Stane, who calls himself Iron Monger while in his suit of armor.

Holy crap!! This could be awesome!! Oh and by the way, Bridges has got a freshly clean shaven head just like Stane in the comics!

Here's a full recap of the Iron Man vs. Iron Monger, aka Obidiah Stane, storyline from the ever informational Wikipedia who writes such a good story, why try and rewrite it myself --

Obadiah Stane was a ruthless individual who studied his adversaries to find weaknesses that he could exploit. Ever since he was a child, Stane enjoyed chess, and handled his life with the same kind of methodical logic that he used in the game. In addition, he was a strong believer in using psychological manipulation to his advantage. For instance, in a childhood chess match against another boy whose skill at least equalled his own, he killed the boy's dog so that his mind wasn't on the game. He won easily, and he continued to use similar forms of manipulation through his life.

Stane's father was killed in a hit after being broken out of prison. The hit was used as a setup to frame Tony Stark's father.

In adulthood, as a wealthy financier, Obadiah Stane turned his sights on acquiring Stark International, the industrial corporation owned by Tony Stark (Iron Man). Stane had his agents, the Chessmen, attack Stark Industries and assault Stark's confidant, James Rhodes.

Stane also set up Indries Moomji as Stark's lover without Stark knowing that Moomji was actually the Chessmen's Queen. While all of this was occurring, Stane and his associates conspired to lock Stark International out of various business deals. Stark eventually learned that Stane was the mastermind behind these attacks, but was unable to confront him. The assaults on Stark, his business, and his friend pushed Stark to the edge, and when Stark was scorned by Stane and then spurned by Moomji, he catastrophically relapsed into alcoholism. With the help of SHIELD, Stane succeeded in buying out Stark International, which he then renamed to Stane International. Stark, having fallen off the wagon, relinquished his armor to Jim Rhodes and disappeared to be a homeless vagrant. Rhodes became the new Iron Man while ignoring Stane's demands to relinquish the armor.

Stane proceeded in manufacturing and supplying munitions and weapons to SHIELD and others who could pay for them. But, when Tony Stark left, he left behind notes and information on the Iron Man armor. These notes were far from complete and without Stark's mind, they were hard to analyze, but Stane assigned a team of scientists to these notes and working from this, they created the Iron Monger armor which, according to Stane, was "far superior to Stark's Iron Man armor". He even thought of either selling them to the highest bidder or creating an army of them and using them to "take over any country he wanted". He said that this last idea was particularly interesting.

Stark, while a vagrant, befriended a pregnant homeless woman. She died in childbirth, but Stark promised to protect the child. This vow helped pull Stark out of his alcoholic state.

When Stark recovered, he built a new suit of Iron Man armor, creating what was then the pinnacle of armor design, the Silver Centurion armor; he also founded a new, successful computer company, Circuits Maximus. Upon learning of his rival's recovery, Stane decided to attack Stark continually again.

Stark confronted Stane on the property of Stane International and defeated Stane's agents, including the Chessmen, who had proven a match for his previous armor. Stane donned the Iron Monger armor and confronted Stark personally. The Iron Monger was more powerful than the previous Iron Man armor, but not the Silver Centurion model.

Stane tried to defeat Stark by threatening to give his friends a horrible death, but Stark easily defeated the deathtraps. He then confronted Stane again, who was holding his last card: the baby of a woman who Stark had befriended while on skid row. Stane told Stark to remove his helmet or he would crush the homeless woman's baby between his palms.

Stark, having detected interfering frequencies in his armor's systems through the battle, deduced that Stane wasn't experienced enough to fight Stark without some help and that help was in the form of a computer bank that helped Stane manipulate the Iron Monger armor.

He used his armor's pulse bolts to destroy the nearby building that contained that computer, causing Stane's Iron Monger armor to seize up and fall to the ground as Stark swooped in to catch the baby. Stane then removed his helmet and confronted Stark. When Stark told Stane that it was all over, Stane said that he had one thing left. He then raised his hand to the side of his head and using the repulsor beam, he fatally shot himself in the head, like his father before him.

Stark was later able to obtain complete control over his own company, which reverted back to the name of Stark International.

Credits
    Poster

Credits
    I hope it's real. If it is... It's great!

Credits

Mandarin in Iron Man!?

Source: /Film

Shaun Toub was cast in Iron Man last month and now its being speculated that he will be playing the role of Gene Kahn aka Mandarin.

The character description comes from slashfilm.com:

"The Mandarin made his Marvel Comics debut in February 1964 in Tales of Suspense #50. The character is one of the world’s greatest scientific geniuses and a skilled martial artist. Seeking world domination, The Mandarin has no superhuman powers to speak of, he instead makes us of technology. Over the years, he would frequently attempt to turn various nations’ weapons against them. His costume projects a powerful skin-tight force field. He can even split Iron Man’s magnetic-beam reinforced alloy armor with repeated blows from his hands. He possesses ten rings of alien origin which grant him vast powers."

Credits

Credits
    Not too much on this pictures.

I really belive in Robert.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast