this doesn't sound right:

Transformers is Paramount

the trailer can't be the lead in to the Transformers print

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    this doesn't sound right:

Transformers is Paramount

the trailer can't be the lead in to the Transformers print
    I've seen Fox trailers before a Paramount movie many times before. And I've also seen Paramount trailers before a Fox movie many times also. I don't think it matters much nowadays.
    Homer Simpson: "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."

j7wild Guest

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by goodasgold View Post
    I've seen Fox trailers before a Paramount movie many times before. And I've also seen Paramount trailers before a Fox movie many times also. I don't think it matters much nowadays.
    if the studios agree to it;

the projectionist doesn't decide what trailer goes in front of which movie;

the studios do and they have to agree with each other before the studio that owns the feature presentation allows a trailer from another studio to be shown in front of their movie

also the last trailer before the feature presentation is always now a trailer from the same studio because it's attached to the first reel of the movie

Credits
    if the studios agree to it;
    I am not familiar with the behind the scenes when it comes to trailers. Can a studio really say that a trailer from a competing studio is not allowed to be played with their movie? When has this happened I wonder?

j7wild Guest

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by goodasgold View Post
    I am not familiar with the behind the scenes when it comes to trailers. Can a studio really say that a trailer from a competing studio is not allowed to be played with their movie? When has this happened I wonder?
    it's been going on for years.

I worked as a General Manager or a multiplex theater and we get letters every week from studios telling us what trailer to put in front of what movie

and this practice is still going on today.

I still have former colleagues who are still in the movie theater business.

Credits
    the projectionist doesn't decide what trailer goes in front of which movie
    actually, he does... as that was my position until recently (i moved a few months ago) ... films come with trailers already attached to them. additional trailers had to be added ... by whom ?? the projectionist. and TBH, when i was doing it - i put whatever trailer i wanted to on a film. esspecially one that had come out and i hadn't seen it yet. theaters get audited regularly but only when a really high profile picture comes out and we would always get advance notice they are coming to make sure the trailers were correct.

now some things have changed in the digital medium... but i'm sure he is still the person to go to when a new trailer needs attached to a film.

also, some studios have aggreements with other studios, as well as partnerships and some studios even own others. for the life of me i cant think of one but as an example, we'll use Pixar and Disney. Pixar puts out a trailer and it is attached to the new Disney movie. eventhough they are different studios, one is owned by the other - that makes is permissible.

off topic i suppose: but where the heck is the trailer in this thread ?? have they released it yet ??
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    Generally, aren't the trailers that are supposed to be put on films as a requirement are put on first? And play right before the film? That's why on T4, you're probably going to see Sherlock Holmes (WB) right before the film starts. That's just how I've observed it in the past. I also worked as a projectionist for a very, very short period of time so I never got the chance to build the film, only thread it and run it.

But it is true that studios have certain requests for certain films. One of the oddest notices I remember was with Road to Perdition. It came with a sheet of paper that basically said "a lot of work went into the sound on this film, please put it on a screen with good sound!"

j7wild Guest
    the reason why Sherlock Holmes is in front of T4 is because it's WB but the trailer that was shown right before T4 and that was attached to the first reel of T4 was the Hangover

Credits

Yeah nice to see the news about james cameron's movie Avathar,I think it will definitely rockkkkkkkkkkk.

Credits
    the reason why Sherlock Holmes is in front of T4 is because it's WB but the trailer that was shown right before T4 and that was attached to the first reel of T4 was the Hangover
    Right, and then aside from the trailers that actually come attached, projectionists generally choose what goes in films.

I know for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Bay said the trailer will be on either Wolverine (Fox) or Star Trek (Paramount). So I am guessing theaters got the trailer early to put on Wolverine if they want, and then for Star Trek it came attached (like I believe GI Joe was also attached).

So maybe for Avatar, they're getting the trailer out in time to go on Transformers 2 if they want, and then it'll be attached to Ice Age? That'd be my guess...

Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir01 View Post
    I agree with you. But you know. It's so hard to wait so long...
    Nobody will not wait for 2 years for the Movie Avatar ..

Credits
    James Cameron spent ~10 minutes talking about Avatar at the Ubisoft E3 press conference. go HERE (IGN) and select the Ubisoft 2009 Press conference (2009 Press Conferences >> Ubisoft Press Conference). Cameron takes the stage at 19:30 into the video.
    There are also some photos of the game HERE (Kotaku) if you want an idea as to what some of the creatures may look like

j7wild Guest
    first images from the Avatar 24 min long screening this week:

Credits

Arrow Official Website

The Official Avatar Movie Site Is Now Active!

Credits

Exclamation Worldwide Trailer Launch – August 21, 2009

On August 21, the world will get its first look at director James Cameron’s motion picture epic AVATAR, when Twentieth Century Fox and Cameron debut the film’s trailer everywhere – while select cinemas and IMAX® theaters will screen extended footage prepared by the renowned filmmaker for this global “Avatar Day” event.

The worldwide trailer launch will be presented in all formats, including IMAX® 3-D, IMAX® 2-D, digital 3-D, digital 2-D, and 35mm 2-D. The trailer will also be available online.

The extended look at AVATAR will unspool only on August 21 – and only in 3-D – in select theaters and IMAX®. Details on locations and reserving tickets for this extraordinary and unprecedented experience will be announced soon.

SOURCE: ComingSoon.net

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast