Thanks Thanks:  2
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Credits

As per POST #77, and the Official Avatar Site, NO TRAILER BEFORE THE AUGUST 21St. Avatar Day.

Because of this Special Launch, I would safely assume that many precautions were taken in order to avoid any leaks.

20TH CENTURY FOX AND JAMES CAMERON ANNOUNCE "AVATAR DAY"

ON AUGUST 21, GLOBAL AUDIENCE GETS FIRST LOOK AT NEW FILM FROM THE WRITER-DIRECTOR OF "TITANIC"
    LOS ANGELES, July 23, 2009 - On August 21, the world will get its first look at director James Cameron's motion picture epic AVATAR, when Twentieth Century Fox and Cameron debut the film's trailer everywhere - while select cinemas and IMAX® theaters will screen extended footage prepared by the renowned filmmaker for this global "Avatar Day" event.
    The worldwide trailer launch will be presented in all formats, including IMAX® 3-D, IMAX® 2-D, digital 3-D, digital 2-D, and 35mm 2-D. The trailer will also be available online.
    The extended look at AVATAR will unspool only on August 21 - and only in 3-D - in select theaters and IMAX®. Details on locations and reserving tickets for this extraordinary and unprecedented experience will be announced soon.
    In addition on the 21st, Ubisoft® will unveil the trailer for their videogame James Cameron's Avatar: The Game, and Mattel will reveal the action figures for the film's Avatar and alien Na'vi characters.
    AVATAR takes us to a spectacular new world beyond our imagination, where a reluctant hero embarks on a journey of redemption, discovery and unexpected love, as he leads a heroic battle to save a civilization. The film was first conceived by Cameron 14 years ago, when the means to realize his vision did not yet exist. Now, after four years of actual production work, AVATAR delivers a fully immersive cinematic experience of a new kind, where the revolutionary technology invented to make the film, disappears into the emotion of the characters and the sweep of the story.

AVATAR opens in theaters everywhere December 18, 2009.

One of the world's largest producers and distributors of motion pictures, Fox Filmed Entertainment produces, acquires and distributes motion pictures throughout the world. These motion pictures are produced or acquired by the following units of FFE: Twentieth Century Fox, Fox 2000 Pictures, Fox Searchlight Pictures, and Twentieth Century Fox Animation.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits

Thumbs down

sorry, when i see hype like that - it tells me the movie is going to suck. i'm probably wrong on this one but that is my initial response. holding back on a trailer release and then you only can see it in imax or 'select' 3D theaters ?? that's crap. it is to build the hype even more for what ?? if the movie is as spectacular and extraordinary as they claim it is ... then prove it.

anyone paying to see a trailer is an idiot and is only playing into cameron's or the stuido's pretentiousness. i don't care how great it looks.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    it also says the trailer will be available online....

that's exactly what i'm saying - if the trailer is going to be online, then why bother paying to see it ?

now if what they are showing is going to be different than the trailer (which probably is going to be) ... i can see that people would want to see it - i know i would - but i'm not going to pay for it. esspecially since the movie comes out soon enough and i can pay to see the whole thing then. and i don't doubt that they are going to be charging people $5 to see an extended trailer/ sneak peak - and then charge them again $7-$10 to see the movie ... such crap for double dipping. you want to impress - throw it out on the web in HD for free ...

now don't me wrong - im glad cameron has decided to finally finish this movie. he's been trying to make it since 1995. and im not bashing the movie itself - just the marketing crap either cameron himself or the studio is pushing - that is the crap part about this.

Credits
    My Concern is that this movie is slated as an "Epic", so my question is are we not getting anything because it sucks in Epic proportions? I mean come on, give me a break, if it's so Epic I dont think a couple of seconds worth in a teaser will interfere with anything. I just get pi$$ed at these marketing techniques, some give you the entire movie in pieces and others (like this one), dont even give you a glimpse. Ask the Segway people how marketing worked for them !!!!, all hype and secrecy, Yeah Right...

Credits
    I wanna c Cameron's other project based on Battle Angel Alita!
    If Avatar is successful, Battle Angel will go into production. I really enjoyed Cameron's series that is based on his work, a mix of Avatar n Battle Angel which is Dark Angel.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

j7wild Guest

Exclamation Free Tickets to the AVATAR IMAX Preview !!

this maybe for US Residents only

I will be in front of my PC clicking the refresh button!!

Hollywood's sneak-preview tradition is about to get a James Cameron overhaul.

On Monday, August 17th, 20th Century Fox will launch an unusual offer on the website for its Cameron-directed film "Avatar": free tickets for an early look at 16 minutes of footage from the futuristic thriller that will be shown in more than 100 Imax 3-D theaters around the world.

With two screenings on Friday, Aug. 21 (at 6 and 6:30 p.m.), the "Avatar" preview will include an introduction from Cameron and some new footage not shown during July's Comic-Con International convention in San Diego. "Avatar," which will be released in December, is Cameron's first feature since 1997's Oscar-winning hit "Titanic," which generated global ticket sales of more than $1.8 billion.

The unprecedented promotion -- which includes more than 30 Imax 3-D screens overseas -- signals just how much Fox has riding on its massive "Avatar" investment (more than $240 million in production costs) and how Imax is trying to position its theaters as the destination for the highly anticipated movie. Imax screens generated about $65 million in ticket sales for "The Dark Knight" last year when the Batman sequel was shown in 94 Imax screens; "Avatar" will be playing at more than 225 Imax theaters when it opens Dec. 18.

Advance screenings of movie footage for the press and at events such as Comic-Con are fairly common for big-budget Hollywood releases. But it's unprecedented for a studio to show an extended excerpt of a film in such a broad public setting months before it hits theaters.

Fox is not paying Imax to use its theaters for the preview, though the studio is bearing the cost of producing and distributing the digital prints. Imax will provide 3-D glasses.
    In what’s sure to be a mad grab among sci-fi fans, tickets will be given away a first-come, first-served basis on the “Avatar” website:

http://www.avatarmovie.com

at noon PST (2 pm Central, 3 pm Eastern) Monday

Credits
    /facepalm

Wrong section.

Want some 'Trailer News' for this movie? Trailer will be out next Friday.

Credits
    So I didn't see this posted yet... but on Apple's trailer site they have a countdown to the premier of the trailer... on iTunes?!? I hope that's wrong but I doubt it is. And if I did my math correctly (doubtful, I suck at math), it'll be online Thursday at 6am...

Credits
    I'm going to take a wild guess and say it'll probably be on apple.com/trailers

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by odj_310388 View Post
    I'm going to take a wild guess and say it'll probably be on apple.com/trailers
    No need to guess...The timer is on the apple trailer page already as stated by ClaytonMG...

j7wild Guest
    Somebody told me

Apple is going to have a trailer on Wednesday but it's not going to be the 16 min preview to be shown in the USA Imax Theaters on August 21st

plus you won't be able to see the Apple Trailer in 3D Digital the way James Cameron intended it to be on your PC anyway

so I would still try to get free tickets to the free IMAX screening on Friday, August 21st, at 6 and 630 pm at USA IMAX Theaters

j7wild Guest

Angry FOX sucks!!

I went to the avatar website at exactly 2 pm

it loaded, it showed the link to the tickets

i click on it

the page loaded, it said to choose from a theater listed below

click on it to go to list,

site crashes

now over 1 hr later, I finally get back in but the ticketing side page is gone

I read the comments at IMDB forum for Avatar and everyone having the same problem

FOX Screws UP again!!

Credits
    so did anyone get tickets for friday's screening? My friend and managed I to get in after about an hr of refreshing and got 2 tickets to a new york showing...this was 4pm EST....it's now almost 6pm EST and the confirmation email that we were suppose to receive shortly didn't come yet....anybody else get any luck?...
    Last edited by ravenx5246; 08-17-2009 at 04:51 PM. Reason: forgot a word

j7wild Guest

Exclamation

Ive been trying since 2 pm central and I just now finally got the screen saying I have successfully registered and a confirmation email will be in my email soon

It took me several times of submitting before i got that screen

here's an alternative to the theater listing

http://www.isujay.com/avatar

it will still take you to the reservation page but be warned, you may still have to refresh

now I hope my confirmation email will come

this is why I posted this thread earlier:

http://www.movie-list.com/forum/show...229#post190229

Fox still sucks even if I do get the tickets in the email

Credits
    happy to say that i got my confirmation email....like 4 hours later....but it looks like it works....so now just have to wait til friday....long story short...email just says congrats....location of where you seeing it...and please print email and bring with photo id....

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast