Thanks Thanks:  2
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Credits
    Oh look no love for people outside the USA and Canada, what a surprise.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by odj_310388 View Post
    I thought the rest of the world was still running movie theatres with 8mm , why would IMAX viewing be offered.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

j7wild Guest

Exclamation

be nice!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post
    I thought the rest of the world was still running movie theatres with 8mm , why would IMAX viewing be offered.
    There are 13 IMAX screens in the UK why can't we get some AVATAR love?

j7wild Guest

Exclamation Avatar UK 16 Min Free Screening Date and Theaters Locations

Fox and Cameron loves UK too

http://www.seefilmfirst.com/homepage.welcome.action

code # 302001

Credits
    I tried getting these a few days ago via seefilmfirst but as usual the London ones go within the first hour of the code appearing

Credits
    i only just by luck got 2 tickets to my nearest IMAX (an hour away)
    im so happy never been to such an event!

anyone on here seeing it in Florida in the Orlando area?

Credits
    The only IMAX screen available in my area (after the site crashed) was at a crappy AMC theatre. It's not actually an IMAX sized screen, but it's still considered IMAX for some reason (probably some deal they struck up with IMAX theatres) so I said "not even worth it."

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovanblack View Post
    i only just by luck got 2 tickets to my nearest IMAX (an hour away)
    im so happy never been to such an event!

anyone on here seeing it in Florida in the Orlando area?
    i thought i was the only one who lives in orlando on this board ... and no, im not going. i've got better things to do ... like sleep.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by redbear View Post
    i thought i was the only one who lives in orlando on this board ... and no, im not going. i've got better things to do ... like sleep.
    With all the hype, it will probably help you sleep anyway.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by redbear View Post
    i actually live in the Palm Bay area on the east coast (south of Melbourne) but am willing enough to drive an hour n a half just to see this... better be worth it...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post
    With all the hype, it will probably help you sleep anyway.

exactly my thoughts. TBH, i have been spending most of my freetime between apopka and deland volunteering at two animal rescues. one of the places is getting two bengal tigers and i have been helping to build cages for them, which is what i have planned to do on friday.

with the amount of people i am expecting to see at one of these events, plus the amount of idiocy around here - i plan on staying as far away as possible - just so that i don't lose my mind and throttle the crap out of someone (because i will) ....

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    There are 13 IMAX screens in the UK why can't we get some AVATAR love?
    We have 5 IMAX in Poland! We want some too!

Credits
    I actually managed to get the tickets the day they made them available. The nearest Imax theater is also almost an hour away, but I was going to see a movie that night anyways. So a little bid about the preview, there aren't really any spoilers or anything but if you don't want to know any more about the movie don't read on lol.

The preview overall was about 16 minutes, featuring different scenes from the movie and ending in a teaser for it. It was also in 3-D.

The few scenes they showed managed to give a small amount of info into the storyline, the first being at a military camp with everyone getting a debriefing on the mission and how Pandora is very dangerous such and such. It then skips to the scene with the handicapped soldier and how they transform his mind into the body of the "Avatars," and then it shows him walking around and leaving the building.

The scene following that which was probably the best one was of a group including the soldier who is now is the body. He is staring down a creature that looks like a rhino/stegosaurus. It goes a little into detail about the creature and its more or less of an encounter type thing over territory. Another creature appears and ends up chasing the guy and its a pretty good action scene through the woods.

The next scene is in the woods the guy (I can't remember his name), has a fire lit and draws some creatures to him, where this lady comes in and shoots them down and helps him out. They become allies and that ends that scene.

The last scene before the teaser was the guy trying to ride a flying creature sorta like a pterodactyl, and that scene was really breathtaking with the environment and all the CG put into it.

All in all it was a great screening especially since it didn't cost anything, and I think this is going to be a really amazing movie, might need a little more work here and there. Sorry if my review wasn't really detailed it all went by so quick. On a side note the theater gave out coupons for matinee price admissions and a free large popcorn when you buy a large soda, so that was worth the drive right there. Hopefully some other people got to see it, they definitely should have done more of these or at least schedule some more cause this movie could use the publicity, every co worker I mentioned it to thought it was the Avatar tv show the last airbender....It got to a point where I just stopped mentioning it people lol

Credits
    Jon Landau answers some questions about the movie and negative opinions about the online trailer.

http://www.allocine.fr/video/player_...=18920153.html

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast