Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Go Back to the Future with the Walkpod!!!!

Sony has conceded defeat in the gadget wars, so to recoup some of their recent losses they have teamed up with Apple to create the amazing WalkPod:

One Sony USA Executive couldn’t contain himself when I asked him to share his perspective on the new cross-functional music platform:

We realize that the chic retro trend is here to stay, so what could be more appropriate than mixing a classic Sony Walkman with an Apple iPod? Now I can listen to my Belinda Carlisle tapes using the same gadget that my grandson bops to K-Fed. That’s totally wicked.

We also added this super neat read-ahead feature that allows listeners to save tapes to memory. This means that I can switch tapes without stopping the music! I realize this device will likely kill off our strong traditional Walkman sales, but sacrificing the division (and the intern who leads it) for front page press in prestigious newspapers and blogs seems worth the loss.

I was skeptical until he provided this picture of the Walkpod’s read-ahead feature in action:

Sony expects to sell “hundreds” of these devices within the first year, effectively doubling their music player sales. Sony is also planning other retro devices, such as the UHF tvPod (with a traditional black and white picture), and the Newton Betamax player.
    Clark Kent is who I am. Superman is what I can do.

Credits
    Doubling their music player sales by selling hundreds ??
    I'm a mog, half man, half dog, I am my own best friend.

Credits
    obviously it is a little early for April Fool's jokes ....
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson