Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Credits

Exclamation Justice League - live action feature movie!!!

The news that blows all the comic-book fans sox off, the biggest comic-film news since first Superman, probably the MOST interesting comic-adaptation project ever, its frakin here!!!!
    Justice League live action feature movie!!!

Batman may meet up with Superman on the bigscreen after all -- along with Wonder Woman, Aquaman, the Flash and all the rest of DC Comics' biggest names.

Warner Bros., with its major appetite for fresh franchises, is looking to make a feature based on super team the Justice League of America, hiring writing duo Kiernan and Michele Mulroney to pen the script.

It's the first major action the studio has taken on the project.

Feature film is bound to include some combination of DC's most iconic superheroes, although the studio wouldn't confirm which ones they might be. It's unlikely that the studio and DC Comics, a division of Warner, would opt to feature second-tier characters.

Since its inception in 1960, JLA has featured almost every major hero in the DC Comics universe, although the core team has largely remained the same: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter.

The heroes typically band together to fight alien menaces or groups of supervillains.

"The Justice League of America has been a perennial favorite for generations of fans, and we believe their appeal to film audiences will be as strong and diverse as the characters themselves," Warner prexy of production Jeff Robinov said in announcing the hiring of the Mulroneys.

In taking on the ambitious project, Warner faces several conundrums.

Now that the Batman and Superman film franchises have been revived, does the studio go after Christian Bale ("Batman Begins") and Brandon Routh ("Superman Returns") to star in a Justice League pic? Studio is also trying hard to bring Wonder Woman to the bigscreen.

To a large degree, casting will depend upon the story arc for the JLA feature and at what point in the superheroes' lives the plot takes place.

Warner also must deal with myriad producers working on the Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman franchises.

Studio dropped its efforts to make "Batman vs. Superman" in order to focus on relaunching "Batman" and "Superman" as individual properties, which it has done.

Filmmakers Chris Nolan ("Batman Begins") and Bryan Singer ("Superman Returns") are each on board to helm the next installments in the two respective franchises. Nolan's "The Dark Knight" is eyeing a 2008 release and the next "Superman," 2009.
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    Bonus Clips: From the canceled CBS Justice League Pilot!!!!

It's about as bad as the Spiderman Series from the 70s...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TkUVYQbx6qE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TkUVYQbx6qE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mJivdI5c9W4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mJivdI5c9W4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    Clark Kent is who I am. Superman is what I can do.

Credits
    Well this is very exciting news, they have to get Bale and Routh to play their parts, otherwise it's no fun. I hope this one gets off the ground but I don't think it's for anytime soon. It will probably be some years before this potential movie can be released.
    I'm a mog, half man, half dog, I am my own best friend.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Well this is very exciting news, they have to get Bale and Routh to play their parts, otherwise it's no fun. I hope this one gets off the ground but I don't think it's for anytime soon. It will probably be some years before this potential movie can be released.

I agree. In order to make this work, they should include Bale and Routh in their respective parts. If the studio was to get someone else to play these parts, this movie could go downhill fast because it would confuse the audience. They need to keep some continuity in their series, i.e. 3 different actors in the original Batman Quadrilogy.

If they do keep the same actors, they need to have some kind of driving force or plot point that would connect the Justice League movie with the Batman and Superman sequels.

Personally, I didn't care for Superman Returns. I like Kevin Smith's script MUCH better. If they've already got writers for this movie, then Kevin should be the director. I don't know of any director who knows more about and understands comics like he does....

As a huge fan of the animated series, I can see how much potential this movie has, and if put in the right hands, how awesome it could be. I think that movie studios should listen to their viewers and start looking through forums pertaining to comic book heroes when looking for a good movie to put out to the theaters. Some forums do have good ideas, once you get past the stupid threads like "Could Superman be defeated by a lightsaber?"....(who cares?) Superhero fans like that make superhero fans like me look bad. I hate those people.

Credits
    I´m afraid this could end up like Fantastic four, more the heroes comics has, the more moviemakers always screw it.

besides remember, that Flash and Wonder Woman will have their own movie soon too, so they´ll have to keep the same actors for JL too ..... can you imagine how frakin EXPENSIVE would that be? I´m afraid they wont have the same actors ....

I think this is gonna b the greatest budget movie ever, it must have TONS of CGI and interesting actors for characters and frakin good director to make it ....

Credits
    Not necessarily, the main characters of JL have always been superman and batman, the rest are side-characters so imo those characters don't have to be played by the same person.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Not necessarily, the main characters of JL have always been superman and batman, the rest are side-characters so imo those characters don't have to be played by the same person.
    Um, Batman and Superman have not always been the primary characters.

From Wikipedia:

1989's, Secret Origins #32 updated the Justice League of America's origin for post-Crisis continuity. Differences included the inclusion of Black Canary as a founding member and the absence of Batman, Wonder Woman, and Superman (though Batman and Superman had cameo appearances they did not join the League). Additionally, while the confident and good-looking Hal Jordan served as the public face of the Justice League, this iteration of the League's origin cast the Flash as the team's unofficial leader, since it was the methodical Allen who usually came up with the plans that best utilized everyone's powers.
    So it is possible to do the movie without Superman and Batman, but I hope that they do include those two.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    You are talking about the founding members I'm talking about the main characters. And even if that wasn't true they will almost certainly make it so in the movie cause they are the most known and most popular characters.

Credits
    I'll make my decision on this whenever they release production images of Martian Manhunter, and more importantly, Green Lantern.

Credits
    as much as i love the anime series, i dont this will happen! Its just too much info that the audience will not get. Even the episodes in the series only cover a few charactors @ a time.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    I love the animated series, but if there were to be a crossover of DC characters in a feature film, I would prefer The World's Greatest over Justice League.

It'll be too hard to give the characters... (wait for it) justice.
    http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif

Credits
    Don't everybody get to excited just yet didn't you see this sentance

"It's unlikely that the studio and DC Comics, a division of Warner, would opt to feature second-tier characters."

just because it has Justice League in the title doesn't mean you are getting the Core Team (Superman,Batman,Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, ect.)

The main term here is "second-tier characters" so chances are your going to end up with a team roster that includes: Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Guy Gardner, Fire & Ice, Bloodwynd and Maxima.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Web_Slinger View Post
    Don't everybody get to excited just yet didn't you see this sentance

"It's unlikely that the studio and DC Comics, a division of Warner, would opt to feature second-tier characters."

just because it has Justice League in the title doesn't mean you are getting the Core Team (Superman,Batman,Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, ect.)

The main term here is "second-tier characters" so chances are your going to end up with a team roster that includes: Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Guy Gardner, Fire & Ice, Bloodwynd and Maxima.
    Focus on "IT'S UNLIKELY THAT..."

Which means it is UNLIKELY that there would be a movie about Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Guy Gardner, Fire & Ice, Bloodwynd and Maxima.

Credits
    so it seems Superman will be in anyway
    Justice League Before Superman 2?

Superman 2 on hold and Justice League moving forward!? Well at least those are the latest rumors around the web but is there any truth to the story?

Our buds over at Moviehole are reporting the following:

A couple of months back I’d heard some whispers – whispers initiating as echoes from rather illustrious corridors mind you; that’s the only way I can put it without outing the pretty solid sources here – about the next “Superman” movie.

After the slightly (I say only slightly, because the film was still profitable) disappointing returns on “Superman Returns”, Warner were in two minds about whether to continue the series or not – right away, anyway. One idea that came up was to make their long-planned “Justice League” movie, and possibly just incorporate ‘Superman’ into that...

Interestingly enough, a couple of weeks later, those some publications announce that the next “Superman” sequel could be delayed- because director Bryan Singer has gone and got himself involved in another film; a thriller for United Artists...

Interesting hey? Well, the plot thickens, I heard from a pretty reliable source this weekend – who, has some top contacts himself – who essentially confirmed that the WB are thinking of putting the next “Superman” movie into turnaround, and instead will just use the character in the new “Justice League” movie. (Funnily enough, Batman would not be involved in the new film – he’s too big to waste on a film like this, apparently).

Having now heard the same from about half-a-dozen reliable insiders, I checked in with a couple of sources near the Water Tower itself, who wouldn’t confirm nor deny the reports, but definitely haven’t dismissed that it’s a possibility. One of them would only say that there “could be something in [that]”.

So that's the report, the problem with it is that sources close to the Singer camp are saying this is total bullshit. The Man of Steel is expected to start shooting March of 2008 and that has not changed from Bryan's original plans.

Some of these rumors appear to have started after Variety assumed that there would be a delay on the Supes sequel because Bryan is doing another film this summer. That assumption was flawed because Bryan had always planned on doing another film before Superman 2, be it Logans Run or another.

Credits
    BATMAN is in!!
    Batman WILL be in the Justice League of America Movie!

There has been a ton of speculation in regards to the recently announced Justice League of America movie including rumors that Batman would be a no show, let’s clear this up fast, he will be in JLA... guaranteed!

ImageOnline reports early this month caused headaches for Warner Bros. when it was assumed that the Superman sequel would be put on hold in favor of a Justice League movie. That was quickly proven to be total bullshit by a variety of sources including members of the Singer camp.

The other rumor that surfaced said Batman would not be in the JLA film and quote "he’s too big to waste on a film like this, apparently."

Rumors are funny. Sometimes they get completely out of control. Clint over at Moviehole was very clear that these were rumors but, of course, forums and fanboys everywhere started taking this one sentence as fact and the truth is, it’s total BS.

One of my studio insiders and close pal sent me this email after the story started making the rounds:

Sup brother! I ain’t a fan of SUPERMAN RETURNS and hope we don’t see Routh in the role again unless it is in a JLA movie, but I can tell you one thing: BATMAN is 100 percent going to be in the JLA movie they're developing at Warner Brothers. So I wonder/question how reliable that other web-site's sources are... Naturally, you and I never had this conversation!

How much do I believe my source? 110%, you can take this to the bank. The big question is will the movie ever get made? That is the 100 million dollar question and most of our insiders are split down the middle with some believing that this movie is D.C.'s time to prove that they can have an ensemble pic just like Marvel has their X-Men but the other half believe that the price tag would be astronomical.

It’s important to remember that during the Batman Begins roundtables at WonderCon in 2005, Christian Bale told us that he had a clause in his contract that one of the three films he was signed on to do could in fact be an ensemble picture. Now, at the time, everyone was thinking Batman vs. Superman (please excuse the old school iesb) but it could just as easily be something like Justice League.

I, for one, believe that if given to the right director, cough, cough, Zack Snyder cough, cough, this could be greatest movie since Empire Strikes Back. Could it happen? Only time will tell.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast