Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: 300... sequel?

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits

300... sequel?

It's not easy to belive...

source: moviehole.net

The “300” sequel
    Snyder said there would only be a sequel if Frank Miller wrote it. Miller added that he knows “what the sequel would be”.
    Spartans alive?! Like zombies or Army of the Dead?

Credits
    haha

In fact Miller is about to write comics, which is sequel to 300, but in fact has nothing to do with it, lol.

He wants to make a comics with inspiration in ANOTHER similliar mythical story from Greek, which has likely the same story of brave soldiers and blah blah blah

And in fact Miller want to direct it himself, which makes it even more funny.
    On that one he ads that the main character of Sin City 2 is going to be Jessica Alba (good news for pervs ) and has announced third installment too.

Also you must count on fact that Snyder has at least TWO projects in his priority list including WATCHMEN. That makes it very unlikely he´l direct 300-2, hehe
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by st39.6 View Post
    haha

In fact Miller is about to write comics, which is sequel to 300, but in fact has nothing to do with it, lol.

He wants to make a comics with inspiration in ANOTHER similliar mythical story from Greek, which has likely the same story of brave soldiers and blah blah blah

Also you must count on fact that Snyder has at least TWO projects in his priority list including WATCHMEN. That makes it very unlikely he´l direct 300-2, hehe
    If it's another story from Greece, why you (and news-makers) call it "300-2"?

BTW. I wonder which story Frank wants to take?

Credits
    They simply call it like that coz 300 is succesfull and bounding those two makes the upcoming project much more interesting for non-movie-geek audience.
    Besides its by same creators.
    AND the project itself doesnt have name yet, so they had to call it somehow (and calling it "The next Miller comics + adaptation" wouldnt have such response like "300-2" )

j7wild Guest
    how can you have a sequel?

299 of them died!!

it won't be called 300!!

Credits
    That really wasn't a spoiler, everyone knows what happens at the end. I don't know what battle he would choose to base it on though, theres definitely plenty of them, but none that stood out like Thermopylae did.

Credits
    Sin City can have a bunch of sequels because there were quite a few comics in the series. 300 is stand alone, and pretty much ends at the end of the movie/comic.

Miller would be much better off just going with one of his other comics.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    Battle of Marathon would be a good one. It was Athenians vs. Persians and could be a prequel since it was what inspired the Persians to invade.

The Athenians sent troops to aid some Greeks who were having an uprising in the Persian Empire. Ended up burning down the biggest city in what is now Turkey. Persia, which is ruled by Darius, Xerxes father, responded by sending an army to burn down Athens.

The Athenians beat them using the terrain at Marathon and then a runner ran the 26 miles back to Athens, screamed Nike (victory), and collapsed dead of exhaustion. That is where marathons come from and I think it would be a very cool battle.

Credits
    Yep. Marathon is the only way. There are no other great battle in ancient greek history.

Credits
    The Battle of Salamis could also be an option as that followed immediately after the events of 300. The problem is that it was a naval battle and I think they want to stick to land warfare.
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Credits
    This battle could very hard for moviemakers. They'll go with land battle.

Credits
    it earned that much money .... trust me the studios would try to milk on anything that earns money...
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by trailergod View Post
    it earned that much money .... trust me the studios would try to milk on anything that earns money...
    Agreed. It will be interesting to see what knockoffs come out. But remember that not all knockoffs are bad. National Treasure is a Da Vinci Code knockoff and it was pretty good.