Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Tin Man (TV Series/Wizard of Oz Remake)

Alot of people have been asking about the source for the Tin Man Story. Well here it is:

Source

‘24′ writers Steven Long Mitchell and Craig Van Sickle are on tap at the Sci-Fi channel to create a six hour reimagining of the Wizard of Oz called “Tin Man”.

Emboldened by the success of Battlestar Galactica, and past Mini-Series success Taken, SCI-FI is boldly gutting the classic OZ in favor of a surreal story with trippy sci-fi overtones.

In TinMan, Dorothy is now a goth hottie named DG (Dorothy Gale, perhaps?) who finds herself sucked into an alternate dimension called the “Outer Zone”. All major characters have been updated and some forgotten altogether, (most notably, the scarecrow), with more modern archetypes.

Interestingly enough, “Tin Man” was the original name of the 30’s version of Wizard of Oz. Three other versions of Wizard of Oz were produced prior to the Judy Garland version, but the 1939 Victor Fleming production is the one most of us think about when we hear the title. Sci-fi is hoping that will change when it unleashes its six hour epic in 2007.
    Clark Kent is who I am. Superman is what I can do.

Credits
    well, after reading some of the quotes from that link ... im pretty sure i would be doing nothing but throwing gas on a fire ...

i'll keep my eyes open and see how it progresses. as i mentioned in my other post, a different take on Oz could be interesting and this at least does that.

thanks for posting the source.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson