Thanks Thanks:  24
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

The Simpsons Movie

20th Century Fox surprised moviegoers on Friday as the studio included a short teaser for The Simpsons Movie with prints of the anticipated Ice Age: The Meltdown.

The 25-second clip opens with a giant superhero-sized letter "S" while an announcer declares, "Leaping his way onto the silver screen, the greatest hero in American history!" It then cuts to Homer Simpson sitting on his couch in his tighty whities. "I forgot what I was supposed to say," he says. The narrator continues, "'The Simpsons Movie,' coming to the screen, July 27, 2007." "Uh, oh," says Homer, "we better get started."

We're hearing that you'll be able to catch the teaser trailer on TV during this Sunday's episode titled "Million Dollar Abie".

Having debuted on Jan. 14, 1990, The Simpsons reigns as the longest-running animated series in history and the longest-running primetime series currently on television. It was created by Matt Groening and developed by James L. Brooks. The Simpsons started as a segment of Fox's The Tracey Ullman Show in 1987-88.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=13912

Honestly I dont know how real this is. People say this was posted at I think IGN a few days ago & people have seen the Teaser that saw Ice Age 2. So if fake or not we will find out Sunday & if its real HD Cappers get ready

Although I myself think this is fake but hey it wont hurt to check out The Simpsons (a Kick *** Show anyway on Sunday) But as I said I think this is fake

Credits
    It is definitely TRUE about the teaser being with "Ice Age 2".

Credits
    not an April's Fool Joke looks like it

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/699/699651p1.html
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits

Question

Did anyone record it and post it on the Internet yet? Or did FOX's release it yet?
    Ant @ The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx) and Ant's Quality Foraged Links (http://aqfl.net).

Credits
    Fox announced a "special surprise" with tomorrow night's broadcast of "The Simpsons" so many people are predicting that that's where the teaser will air other than the theatre.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight
    Fox announced a "special surprise" with tomorrow night's broadcast of "The Simpsons" so many people are predicting that that's where the teaser will air other than the theatre.
    Cool. I can't wait!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Pierre Bazinet
    And don't mind Editman... if MOD's were cops... Editman would be Robocop.
    LOL. "Thank you. For not smoking."

Okay, guys. The official teaser is up. PowerBook86 has eaten his humble pie, so let's get discussion back on the teaser/movie itself.

Now, this may be waaaay too early, but either I or the cold tablets started thinking about this last night: I wonder what aspect ratio the movie will be in?

From what I gathered (listening to the Who Shot Mr Burns Pt 2 commentary), the animation for the movie was/is being done in secret/low-profile among the TV shows. So to do that the movie must be animated in 4x3, same as the other TV shows (otherwise the Koreans will know which parts are for the movies).

If so, then whichever a.r. they're showing in the cinemas, be it 1.85:1 or 2.35:1, it is matted.

So, when it comes to the eventual DVD release, maybe it's a good idea to get the fullscreen version because it may be open-matted, a la Terminator 3?

Then again, by the time it's released on video, it may be available on Blu-ray only with both WS and FS.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    well personally when it comes to the movie itself I kind of think its a little to late. I think the time for "The Simpsons Movie" has already passed. When I first heard that Fox offically announced that they were going to do a Simpsons Movie I was talking to a friend of mine who is a big Simpsons fan and even he said that the time for a movie has passed. The best time for this would have been in the mid to late 90s when the show was still considered in its prime. Don't get me wrong the show is great and it achived something that no other animated show will ever surpass and it will be remembered forever. I'm sure when this opens next summer people will flock to see it, but that is another problem with "the movie" it is the anticipation.
    The Simpsons is not just a TV show but a global brand name and the movie might just end up tarnishing the Simpson's legacy becasue people might go into the movie with such high expectation expecting to see one thing and get another and then thats, fans become turned off and the whole thing becomes unenjoyable. Now I don't know if thats what will happen and I hate to be the one who is predicting this but in the end it is just speculation but also it is a valid fear when you go to make a movie basied on something that is popular and something that people hold close to them. Only time will tell I guess.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by editman
    From what I gathered (listening to the Who Shot Mr Burns Pt 2 commentary), the animation for the movie was/is being done in secret/low-profile among the TV shows. So to do that the movie must be animated in 4x3, same as the other TV shows (otherwise the Koreans will know which parts are for the movies).

If so, then whichever a.r. they're showing in the cinemas, be it 1.85:1 or 2.35:1, it is matted.
    If it is matted, they'll go for 1.85:1. Cropping 4:3 into 2.35:1 makes alot of cramped visuals (the T3 screenshots don't seem as composed in 2.35:1 as they do in 4:3).

Credits
    I was a little miffed when Global didn't show it but I knew someone on here would pull through. Thanks hlbimage!
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    I've been a hard-core fan since the first season, and although it wasn't the "worst trailer ever" it was down there. Other than Moe's line, I can't say I smiled at all.
    "34 million American adults are obese. Putting together that excess blubber would fill the Grand Canyon two-fifths of the way up. That may not sound impressive, but keep in mind it is a very big canyon."

Credits
    I would have to admit that was pretty funny, especially when Homer is between a "Rock" and "A Hard Place" it is like the lamest thing but it is also the funniest.

Credits
    At least, the "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy"'s bunny is cute.
    *´¨)
    ¸.~´¸.~*´¨) ¸.~*¨)
    (¸.~´ (¸.~´ `(•.°)~
    My Listology profile

Credits
    Nahhh, you guys expected waaaay too much.

Any real die-hard fan knows Homer's substaining inhuman injuries/pain has been an ongoing gag since Season's 2 "Bart the Daredevil". What's not funny about it, other than that the only reason is that one's so used to it by now you don't have the heart to find it funny anymore? Well pardon my low standard but I still find it laughing-out-loud funny, even on multiple viewing.

And the usual irony: they said it's in 2-D. But in the next shot, what do you see? Homer in a 3-D demolisher. (Okay, so it's gonna be like Futurama with 2-D characters in some 3-D-rendered-like-2-D models. Fair enough...)

I personally just sat back and enjoyed it, esp probably the best rendition of "Ths Film is Not Yet Rated" in a teaser/trailer ever.

I would just love to see this now with an audience crowd (who's into it) in a cinema.

As for "not showing much/enough/at all from the actual movie": Over 10 years of experiences of DLing movie trailers online has taught me one thing: the least I see footages of the actual movie beforehand, the more I'd enjoy the movie itself on its release date. It ruined Finding Nemo for me. It almost ruined Batman Begins for me. It's not gonna ruin my most-anticipated movie of the last 15 years for me.

So on one hand, can't say I don't look forward to the next teaser/trailer. On the other, can't say I do.

Credits
    a new trailer has surface in russia

small 320x240

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast