Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Credits

Spider-man 3 .... did u like it?

I watched the movie yesterday and I still dont know what to think about it. I loved almost everything, I didnt mind stupid screenplay dialogues, the fact there was too much characters. I loved all of this, I kinda didnt mind what everyone else said (not too many liked it). And GOD, the fight scenes were the BEST Iīve ever seen in my whole life. Incredible.

There was ONE thing I hated tho. Dancing and singing. WHAT THE HELL??!!! MJ singing (twice) - HATE it. MJ vs Harry twist dance. - ok, could handle that. Peterīs self-confidence walk - WTF??!! INCREDIBLY STUPID. Same goes for Peterīs dance at the bar. These SO MUCH didnt belong into the movie.

But I loved the rest and I liked the movie for the rest ....
    Me angry! Whereīs my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    For some reason, this movie gave me a severe headache.

Credits

Spiderman 3 Review (No Spoilers)

Well I just got back from the midnight showing of Spiderman 3 and my emotions go both ways.
    First off, this is definately tied as best Spiderman to date in my opinion. The story had an even balance of action and drama (alot more drama among Pivotal characters than the first two films put together.) Raimi is a good visual director (as I have said before) and he really pushed that statement to the limit in this one but the story doesn't flow right. What I mean is alot of the subplots are under-developed, very under-developed (a huge writing and directing flaw), which goes to show you cant make a truly great film out of just visuals.
    Performances from our returning characters were the best so far, especially from Toby, who plays a damn good "evil" character so to speak when he is transformed by the symbiot.
    Bryce Dallas Howard, my god she is beautiful, did a great job as Gwen Stacy, I am glad they cast her rather than some other actress who wouldn't have brought the character justice. She brings a certain innocents to the role, as well as an unintentional love/drama triangle among the characters and in the end you feel for her. You feel for everyone actually.
    Topher Grace did an awesome job as Eddie Brock/Venom but his role was relatively small, especially as Venom.
    The action and fight scenes were amazing and more exciting for me than the previous films. It was more involved, more complex and the morals and reasons for each fight made it more emotionally powerful. Everybody was fighting for a good reason which takes a huge leap in comparison to the first two films which just had people kicking the sh*t out of each for no particular reason.
    Now, for all these positive aspects of the film there were also a lot of slipups and (surprise, surprise) it's in the cheesiness department (which is no stranger to Raimi's style.) There were not as many cheesy scenes in this one as there were in the first two films (well, maybe a tie), but when they did come they were BAD! Basically to the point where I started to blush and actually feel embarassed for the actors. I mean its not their fault they had to do some of the things they did but my god Raimi leave that stuff out and you know what I am talking about (the Singing, dancing and overly comedic moments that weren't funny).
    In terms of cinematography, the film is amazing. The sweeping, breathtaking camera moves are better than ever. The lighting is always pretty good in these movies but I feel like it's missing something, something to give it a little more mood.
    The CG and digital animation (although good) were, at times, severly overused.
    And then there is the use of dialogue, it was as bad as ever. Some of the lines were so bad I couldn't help but laugh.

VERY SLIGHT SPOILER AHEAD:

I mean there is this one scene where Flint Marko is running from the cops and hops a fence labeled Danger: Test Area (or something like that) and he ends up falling into a huge open hole/pit in the middle of nowhere with a large metal thing hanging from overhead (no scientist around, no guards) and then it cuts to a whole sh*tload of scientist in a room somewhere and one scientist is like "Sir we just picked up a heat bloom in section 1" and the other scientist is like "Ah its probably just a bird, it'll fly away once it sees whats coming."
    I was like WHAT? Thats the best you can come up with? These guys are conducting State-of-the-art Nuclear...Sand experiments and you can't tell the difference between a bird and a human inside your test area? Thats kind of important dont ya think? Where are the cameras documenting the test? What the hell are they actually monitoring then? And why are they testing sand? Oh right, I forgot about the long term benefits we've gained over the years from doing nuclear tests on sand and all the good thats come from it. I guess Bush is President in the Spiderman universe too huh? Ohh low blow, sorry about that I just couldn't pass that one up.
    Anyway it's just moments like those that got me laughing...and cringing at the same time.
    Oh and wait until you see the reporter at the end documenting the fight scene for a local news company. Hilarious! (and it's not supposed to be.)

All in all Spiderman 3 is a very entertaining film and recommend it for anyone just wanting to get away and have a good time at the movies.

P.S. After watching this movie I must admit I am even more convinced that Sam Raimi in not fit to direct The Hobbit. I will just leave it at that.
    Last edited by kmccarney; 05-06-2007 at 12:39 PM.

Credits
    Can someone tell me the name of the song, MJ sang at the end of the movie?? Plzzz----> big jazz fan

Credits
    It had a strange effect on me.. dont know if it was to long.. to mutch useless love story.. to silly dancing sceens.. or just plain borring action..

For me it was more like a "none event".. i left the cinema with a feeling of having watched it all befor.. to me the series seems to come to a complite standstill..

Imo the train sceen in spiderman 2 was the high point of this franchise.. its over for me.. seriusly X3 was a better movie.. alot better at least that had so real fealing of danger.. ppl died.. ppl got hurt.. it feelt like there was a point somthing to fight for... in spiderman 3 none of the viliains are realy evil.. they are just like.. hmmm well NOT EVIL DAMN IT!!!

Best sceen in the movie for me.. and this is no joke was the Camo Resturant sceen gotta love bruce..

Fed7haS
    She's just too pretty for Hollywood. I don't know, put her in a glass box and display her at the Metropolitan Museum of Art or something. - Jake on the topic of Scarlett Johansson.

Credits
    though i thought movie reviews go in movie related, i'll add my $0.2 anyway.

i liked the movie alot. the little twists at the end though was expected. i was also expecting a little more from the design of venom. topher was good as Brock but not so good as Venom. Sandman was good as well and almost had an anti-hero thing going on at the end as you almost could understand what his motives are/were at the time. i was curious how they were going to explain how sandman killed peter's uncle ....

as i got to thinking about this. i thought that they could do better. i didn't like X3 so much as it moved so far away from the original Xmen storylines, it wasn't Xmen anymore. Eventhough i like Sam's version, this one also did the same thing and moved too far from the storyline.

overall: Spidey will own the theaters until Shrek comes out.(2 weeks @ 1) and if the ogre can't do it i know Johnny D and Crew will on the 28th.

spoiler question: why does hollywood always kill off the arch-nemesis? in every spiderman, the villian dies at the end. yeah, greengoblin was supposed to die. but doc. ock wasn't. in fact, he dates Aunt May for awhile. Venom doesn't die and neither does Harry jr. to me, it really messes up the story.
    Last edited by redbear; 05-05-2007 at 08:54 AM.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    Threads merged.

Credits
    Can someone tell me the name of the song, MJ sang at the end of the movie?? Plzzz----> big jazz fan

Credits
    59 million on the first day, new record!

Credits
    Just got back from it. Like everyone else, don't really know what to make of it. It was good, not great. To me it seemed to drag in some parts and was kind of all over the place at some points as it tried to tie in all the story lines.

I agree with the singing and dancing. I didn't mind most of it except for "Emo" Peter's dance at the jazz club which reminded me of Jim Carrey in The Mask. His strut was kind of funny but could have been cut.

Performances were okay. Church was good as was Howard (who btw is kind of hot as a blond). Eric "Venom" Foreman wasn't. Campbell stole the movie!

I'm not too up on my Spider-man mythology but how much was changed? Does Harry turn good in the comics and help Peter or was that just done for the movie to fall in line with the heavy message of forgiveness? Also if that's it for Venom, let me say that I'm truly disappointed. I thought this guy was suppose to be Sidey's best villain.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    First off, St. 39.6 dont change my Threads. This is, afterall, my thread. But I will foregive you this time.
    As for the rest you, now that you too have seen the movie, would you not agree that it has its strong points (which are few) but after that it is just straight up weak. Wouldnt you also agree that Sam Raimi is not fit to direct the Hobbit. You see what has happened here is quite simple, Raimi can only show spiderman in so many ways before you get the feeling like, Havent I seen that before? There is nothing new about this film and I felt like I was watching the other films except with a couple new scenes. However the part that redeemed the entire movie for me was when Harry comes to Peter's rescue. I love that idea.
    Now, finally after all this time everyone else is going to realize what I have been talking about for so long. The singing, dancing and straight up lame *** sh*t is all part of Raimi's style and you better get used to it because he isn't going to change. Look at everyone's review (including myself), nobody is impressed anymore, at least not in the way eveyone was with the first ones. Raimi needs to make some serious changes in 4, 5 and 6. And he can start by making them a little less childish.

Spoiler Ahead!

I forgot to mention Venom in my review earlier, actually I didnt want to ruin anything for anyone but, yeah, how under-developed was he? Even his face wasnt quite right, not stretched out enough or something. He also (in my opinion) wasnt scary enough. He didn't act like what I expected him to act. There was no serious loss of control. It was almost like it was more Brock controling the character than the Symbiot Venom when it should have been vise versa. How can you screw him up of all people? As far as I'm concerned you cannot afford to under-devolop a character as important as Venom without REALLY pissing off the fans. I would think it is safe to say that Venom is most people's favorite character other than Spiderman himself, so you have to get a fan favorite like him exactly right the first time. Also with a character like that why would you introduce him in the last act of the movie, Venom should have been the main villian throughout, but because he wasnt and was introduced so late the character feels short sided. And then after all that, not only does Venom have too small of a role but then Raimi kills him off so that we will never have the opportunity to see what he can really do ever again! Yeah, good call. What was Raimi thinking? Anyway, I am just glad that everyone else see's the flaws that I see.
    Look on the bright side, it could have been A LOT worse. Its still an entertaining movie.
    What do you think will happen with the future of Spiderman? The cast? the director? and even the storylines? Will everything get remade like Batman Begins? I actually kind of hope so.
    Last edited by kmccarney; 05-07-2007 at 12:08 AM.

Credits
    who says Venom died? After the explosion, u still c him on the floor n goes away under it! If he died, then wouldn't their be a body? He's so allive!

I really loved the scene when Sandman n Venom were talking in the ally. Venom on the side ally wall was fantastic.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits

My Exhaustive Thoughts

Tons of Spoilers abound....

I loved the opening credits. I think that with each successive film, the opening titles have gotten better and better. Wasn't a huge fan of the first CGI wireframe opening. Loved the Alex Ross designs for the second film (but wished he also would have done some drawings for scenes in the film as well). I am a big fan of what they did in this film. Starting with clips of the two films "stuck in a web" was a great, visual idea. Then, that switched into a black goo and sand motif and was still good.

I thought Peter lip-synching along with Mary Jane in the first scene was pretty funny. I also liked Peter being jammed in his seat next to two big guys. We've all been there!

The editing between Peter seeing Harry outside to Peter being backstage was a little odd, but was passable. It would have worked better if Peter would have seen Harry leaving and followed him outside. Otherwise, I don't see any real reason for Peter to go outside and then back inside to see Mary Jane. Enjoyed the "my flowers are bigger than your's" gag.

I really liked Thomas Hayden Church's introduction into the movie. He is a big hulking presense, yet endearing and not frightening. He feels more like a big lug who doesn't know his own strength.

The "sick girl" backstory would have worked a little better for me had the film returned to it by the end. As it was, it only served as a "he's not as bad as everyone thinks he is" type of a backstory. Helped flesh out a boring character like Sandman, but felt a little uneven in the film.

Would have liked to have seen a little more of Gwen Stacy. She just sort of drops out of the film for no good reason. I find it hard to believe that Venom would only punish Parker and not Gwen. It would have been really dark for a family-oriented film, but in the real world of the story, Venom would have killed Gwen Stacy. If the symbiote feeds on all his emotions, I fail to see how Eddie Brock would "let it go."

But I'm getting ahead of myself...

I really didn't like Mary Jane's jealousy angle. It felt odd and out of place. The ending of Spider-Man 2 led me to think of Mary Jane almost like a police officer's wife. She's understanding of why Peter has to go out and save the world, but she lives in constant dread of him being hurt or killed. But suddenly being angry with Peter because he's finally in a positive spotlight and she can't get her Broadway job left me with a bad taste in my mouth. It wasn't necessary and felt like a sloppy push for her to go to Harry.

While we're on Harry, I really, really enjoyed the first confrontation between New Goblin and Peter. Goblin comes in like a ninja assassin to take Parker out. Not quite sure how Peter wasn't able to Spider-Sense Harry's arrival, but oh, well. Also seeing Harry fall like a rag doll after being tricked by Parker was a mixture of accomplishment and absolute failure. Peter was absolutely justified in the action, but I can understand his terrified feelings immediately following the accident.

Is it just me or was the differences in strength between Green Goblin and New Goblin kinda like night and day? Green Goblin could send Spidey flying with a single kick, while New Goblin had to attack with speed and surprise in order to get an advantage. Just a thought, considering Norman and Harry took the same green gas (which Harry had no adverse reactions to, apparently).

To be continued...
    http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif

Credits
    I thought the film was absolutely fantastic. there was summat still missing about it which kinda makes me feel that spidey 2 was a better film (as it felt more complete) but that doesnt change the fact that this film was awesome!

and i loved all the cheesy stuff like the dancing and da strutting down da street.... specially with the MJ song.. where she says "i wont stop for nobody" (or something like that) and she stops exactly at that moment when Peter walks in...

most of all... i loved about the moral issues it brought to the table, as spiderman movies are meant to do main moral i liked was that Good Friends will always come through for you when you need them the most.

Mary Jane being jealous, i personaly think is a great addition cuz u gota remember she was da bomb shell in high school and stuff... and now shes gone down to a toned down life....... and if nething as understanding as she can be....... any human being would be jealous of their significant other being more famous then they are.

most of all i thought Harry Osbournes acting in this film was the show stealer!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by kmccarney View Post
    First off, St. 39.6 dont change my Threads. This is, afterall, my thread. But I will foregive you this time.
    Its not. I started the thread about SM first, you started the thread with the same subject later, so mods merged it. I didnt change a thing, so calm down.

As for Venom. Did you really see him running away???!!!! Iīll see the film 2morrow again, gotta take a closer look

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast