Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Exclamation Lost (TV Show) to end in 2010

From Scifiwire

ABC has agreed to let the producers of Lost set an expiration date for the series: three years in the future, the network announced May 7.

Starting in the 2007-'08 season, Lost will air in uninterrupted arcs of 16 episodes each, culminating in the show's finale sometime during the 2009-'10 season.

Executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse had said last summer that they wanted Lost to end after two more seasons as a way to focus the storytelling.

They agreed to the three shortened seasons as a condition of signing new multiyear deals with the ABC Television Studio, which produces the series. (The 48 episodes they'll produce over the next three years is the same number the show produced during its first two seasons.)

"In considering the powerful storytelling of Lost, we felt this was the only way to give it a proper creative conclusion," Stephen McPherson, president of ABC Entertainment, said in a statement. "I always said that we would allow the series to grow and give viewers the most compelling hour possible. And, due to the unique nature of the series, we knew it would require an end date to keep the integrity and strength of the show consistent throughout and to give the audience the payoff they deserve."

It's unclear when the series will return next season in order to air the new episodes without repeats, but it will likely be around January.

"This is a bold and unprecedented move for ABC," Lindelof and Cuse said in their own statement. "The show would not be what it is without the vision and support we've received from Steve McPherson, Mark Pedowitz and everyone at ABC and ABC TV Studios. We always envisioned Lost as a show with a beginning, middle and end. By officially announcing exactly when that ending will be, the audience will now have the security of knowing that the story will play out as we've intended."

Lost is expected to kick into high gear at 9 p.m. ET/PT on May 23 with the broadcast of the two-hour third-season finale, "Through the Looking Glass," which is expected to change the show dramatically. Here's how ABC desccribes it: "Jack and the castaways begin their efforts to make contact with Naomi's rescue ship."
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    I like the idea. It's not good to let a show go on for too long.

I believe Babylon 5 did something similar, but I'm not sure.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    Lost has already gone on too long. Now it's just gotten into complete nonsense and the rating show that very much. Just compare the ratings from the first two seasons to now.

Credits
    it should have been over after 3 seasons. OR they should have gone a different way, giving way way more answers along the way.
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    Well the finale ended -- did anyone watch? I've waited to jump into the show until it was all done - will it be worth it?

Credits
    All I can say is the writers of the show were LOST long ago...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by michalz00 View Post
    All I can say is the writers of the show were LOST long ago...
    Ahahaha yea right. I've been watching this show for 6 years and I can you can clearly see this is the ending that was not only right but was meant all along. It was beautiful.

Credits
    On emotional level it's a perfect ending. On intelectual level it's a bit disappointing ending. My knowledge about the island, it's mysteries and secrets is still very little.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by michalz00 View Post
    On emotional level it's a perfect ending. On intelectual level it's a bit disappointing ending. My knowledge about the island, it's mysteries and secrets is still very little.
    If your reason for watching LOST was to find out answers about all the 'intellectual stuff' you've missed the point of the show. Its been about the characters all along, heck the really big 'intellectual stuff' didn't start until 2-3 seasons in, before that its about the characters. Personally I got enough answers about the island and enough hints to make up my own mind about the rest of it. Everything else is gravy.

Credits
    You are right, it was about the characters... and the island was one of the most important characters of the show from the first episode. You have to agree that it was the questions (about the island and it's mysteries) that kept people watching every week and talking about the show. If it's about the characters why distracting us with all the "mystery stuff"? I guess the writers could have done anything because they didn't have to bother explaining any of it in the end.

Credits
    All well that ends well. I think LOST has gone through enough season. So it time to stop otherwise one day it must become monotonous . I hope something better will take the place of LOST. Best of luck.