Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Brad Pitt as He-Man?

Brad Pitt is set to star as classic cartoon hero He-Man in a remake of the 80s live action movie, which starred Dolph Lungdren.

(BANG) - Brad Pitt is set to star in a remake of 'He-Man'.

The actor is wanted by Legendary Pictures - who made 'Superman Returns' - to play the Master of the Universe in a new movie version of the 80s cartoon series.

A source told Britain's The Sun newspaper: "They are very keen on Brad for the role. He will have to bulk up though - he is very fit but not to 'He-Man' proportions."

He-Man - the most powerful man in the universe - is a sword-wielding hero with superhuman powers. The original cartoon series was one of the first TV shows to inspire a range of action figures, made by Mattel.

He-Man and his heroic friends defended the world of Eternia and the secrets of Castle Greyskull from the evil powers of Skeletor.

The original 'He-Man' film hit the big screen in 1987, when Cannon films produced a live-action movie 'Masters of the Universe' starring Swedish actor Dolph Lundgren.

If Brad, 43, turns the role down, '300' actor Gerard Butler, 37, is reportedly ready to step in to play the part.

Personally all I have to say is: WHAT??

Credits

Post He-Man live action movie

I liked He-Man, the animated TV series. Unfortunately I haven't seen the movie Masters of the Universe with Dolph Lundgren. I believe, of course, that that movie is a very free adaptation of the original series into the cinema but I find it interesting.

What calls my attention on this new movie casting is the involvement of Gerard Butler. I don't know who, between Hollywood's usual star system, can do He-Man's character, but I don't know: I find it a bit difficult to imagine Butler as He-Man...

By the way I have found now on IMDb that Masters of the Universe was done after Rocky IV... I didn't knew it.

Credits
    A new He-man movie should be at the very least interesting, I remember the 80's rendition with Dolph Lundgren and I liked that one wery much, it's part of my youth-sentiment. Wasn't John Woo at some time in talks to direct a possible He-man movie?
    I'm a mog, half man, half dog, I am my own best friend.

Credits
    Neither men I don't think would make a good He-Man. Brad Pitt would just be there for the eye candy for the females, but if they want to fill the role the right way, he needs to have the build of Sylvester Stallone, but young with blonde hair.