Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Terminator 4

Credits

Terminator 4, 5, ... and the T3 money PIE

interesting read

http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/

"judging by the Studio's reaction to T3 when we screened to them five weeks ago, T4 looks like it will happen."

http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/...6969_db035.htm

Arnold Schwarzenegger said he'd be back. On July 2, the muscle-bound action star once again goes into cyborg mode to battle for earth's survival in Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. But the real ride was getting this movie to the screen. At $175 million, it's the most expensive film ever made outside a studio, and the guys who did it are a couple of impresarios who long ago mastered the first rule of producing action films: Make 'em big, make 'em splashy, and make 'em on someone else's dime.

This time, Mario Kassar and Andy Vajna may have outdone themselves. Before the studio they created, Carolco Pictures, collapsed under too many bombs in 1995, they produced such big-budget blockbusters as Rambo and Total Recall. Now, armed with the rights to T-3, the two lined up enough financing to guarantee themselves a $5 million payday -- even if the movie doesn't sell one ticket.

Plus, they'll get a share of any profit and royalties from licensees such as Toyota (TM ), whose new T-3 Tundra truck is showcased in the film. Even more unusual: They'll retain the rights to make Terminator 4, 5, or however many more sequels Schwarzenegger may have in him.

For everyone else connected with the movie, except the 55-year-old Schwarzenegger, the project carries huge risks. Backers are counting on some leftover magic from 1991's Terminator 2: Judgment Day, which grossed more than $514 million worldwide. "I was very skeptical. Does anyone still care about the Terminator?" asks Moritz Borman, CEO of German movie investor Intermedia Film Equities Ltd. Still, he put down $20 million after a consumer survey he commissioned gave it the thumbs-up.

Others liked the idea, too. Sony Pictures Entertainment (SNE ) paid $75 million for most of the foreign rights, even though the producers had already collected $20 million by selling the Japanese and German rights. Warner Bros. (AOL ), eager to make sure no other producer could schedule T-3 against its own summer blockbuster, The Matrix Reloaded, bid a steep $50 million for the U.S. rights, while slashing its distribution fee.

Additional funding came from sponsors -- PepsiCo (PEP ) paid $1 million for the promotional rights in Russia -- and Intermedia, which agreed to cover any unmet expenses. "There is always money," says the low-key Kassar, "if you have the right project."
    wow.. if this movie will bomb then it will really fall hard..... but movie looks very promising, at least it will be entertaining
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    I think they should continue with their original plan of 4 films which would round the series off nicely. T3 trailer makes it look like it takes place during the first stages of the war, when the TX comes back and riles all of the machines up, and so T4 would take place during the war. It would end with the humans destroying Sky Net then Conner quickly rushing to the room with the Time Machine to send back his daddy and a couple of Terminators.

Credits
    i think T3 is gonna bomb. having a beautiful woman chase around arnold and john connor just isn't going to work. i'll watch it anyway though.

Credits
    Originally posted by impetigo
    i think T3 is gonna bomb. having a beautiful woman chase around arnold and john connor just isn't going to work. i'll watch it anyway though.

Dude have you seen the trailers. That's not gonna be T3. T3 has a beautiful woman come back in time and start the war of the machines. She even manages to convert Arnie for at least a small part of the film

Credits
    convert?

Credits
    Originally posted by tisoy
    convert?
    That's probably based on what's shown in the latest trailer. In the trailer it seemed TX somehow reprograms Arnie's T-800. So he's gradually, 'automatically' turning against the human race.

Then again this is purely presumption.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    Originally posted by editman
    That's probably based on what's shown in the latest trailer. In the trailer it seemed TX somehow reprograms Arnie's T-800. So he's gradually, 'automatically' turning against the human race.

Then again this is purely presumption.
    noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

thats a huge major big a'ss spoiler......

Credits
    Originally posted by tisoy
    noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

thats a huge major big a'ss spoiler......
    Sorry dude. Didn't you watch the latest trailer?

Credits
    Arnold Schwarzenegger told The Age newspaper, “"Go out and see the movie. The more successful the movie is, the faster we can make Terminator 4."

"Is this my last Terminator? No. I've so many more years left. I'm totally full of energy and thanks to my weight training and cardio-vascular training I'm in great shape."
    MovieHole
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits

Terminator 4

there's already a thread on this but it's four years old so I decided to start a new one....

• New producers intend to make new "Terminator" films
    • Original series, with Arnold Schwarzenegger, very successful
    • Script for "Terminator 4" in hand

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- The Terminator is coming back.

A nascent film company has acquired the franchise rights to the popular movie series from producers Mario Kassar and Andrew Vajna, intending to make a new trilogy. The deal is said to be in the tens of millions of dollars.

The Halcyon Co. -- a privately financed firm -- plans to begin immediate preproduction on "Terminator 4," with hopes that it will be ready for release in the first half of 2009.

The script, by John Brancato and Michael Ferris, was part of the transaction. No distributor is on board, or any talent.

Halcyon -- headed by advertising veteran Derek Anderson and "Cook-Off!" producer Victor Kubicek -- pursued the "Terminator" rights aggressively for several months, knowing that the series is one of the few recognizable properties out there not in the hands of a major studio. Halcyon also is concentrating on a merchandising and licensing push for the property.

The rights to "Terminator" have changed hands several times.

Kassar acted as an executive producer for 1991's "Terminator 2: Judgment Day," and he and Vajna acquired interests from Gale Anne Hurd -- who produced the first one in 1984 and executive produced the second -- when the duo made 2003's "Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines."

Copyright 2007 Reuters. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

j7wild Guest
    without Arnold it's gonna sucks!!

Credits
    Threads Merged

Credits

Post Terminator 4 or new trilogy?

I agree with carl's opinion...

Credits

Question why no arnie

What's to stop the Governator having maybe a cameo role as a decaying older prototype cyborg? Is it against US rules for politicians? Haven't they done voice bits in "The Simpsons" ? In a land where Dubya can become a band conductor isn't anything possible?
    "Heart and humour and humility will lighten your heavy load"
    Joni Mitchell

j7wild Guest
    no it's no against rules for The Governor of California to be in a movie during his off time:

he can go to work as a Governor and after quitting time in the late afternoon, report to the movie set.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast