Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Terminator 4

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by st39.6 View Post
    That guy has much higher potential to ruin it, that to "restart it"
    Maybe you have right. But I have faith.

Credits
    they have cast CHRISTIAN BALE as none other than JOHN CONNER!!!
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Conner or Connor?

source: here

Credits
    the actuall source is aicn and the above is quote. I guess they messed up the name. doesnt change a thing tho

Credits
    I know. It was a joke

Credits
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=39865

Confirmed: Bale in Negotiations for Terminator
    Source: The Hollywood Reporter
    December 2, 2007

The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed rumors that Christian Bale is in negotiations to star in Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins. McG is directing the movie, which is being made by Halcyon Company and Intermedia, and will be distributed by Warner Bros.

While it hasn't been released which role Bale will play, "T4's" story, by David Campbell Wilson, John Brancato and Michael Ferris, focuses on John Connor, now in his 30s, as he leads what is left of the human race against the machines.

Intermedia's Moritz Borman and Halcyon's Victor Kubicek and Derek Anderson are producing.

Credits
    Let me say...

Credits
    Entertainment Weekly got the chance to sit down with producers Derek Anderson, Victor Kubicek and Moritz Borman to talk about the upcoming "Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins." Besides confirming that Christian Bale will play the role of John Connor, the producers spoke about the other characters and whether Arnold Schwarzenegger would return.

A rumor was that Connor was only going to be a supporting role.
    ANDERSON: John Connor is an ongoing, very central character throughout the next trilogy. He's leading the fight for the salvation of humanity against the machines. So he's very important.

So he's the star?
    KUBICEK: Yes.
    ANDERSON: There's gonna be another major costar with kind of equal presence in this installment.

And that costar would play the Terminator character?
    ANDERSON: Yes.... Well, it's hard to say. It is a new character introduced in the mythology that's not replacing Arnold [Schwarzenegger]. It's not like he's stepping into Arnold's shoes. It's a completely new character.

Okay, but is it a Terminator — a killing machine?
    ANDERSON: No, not really. That's one of the big twists that if we told you.

Will Schwarzenegger be returning in any form?
    KUBICEK: He may make a cameo.
    ANDERSON: It still hasn't been determined, but if he does, it would be a very small cameo.
    According to Anderson and Kubicek, the movie is set to begin shooting in either Australia or Budapest on March 15th, with a budget north of $150 million.

Credits
    A little bit of plot details.

*** possible spoilers ***

John Connor is not the main character of Terminator 4; that character is someone named Marcus. Marcus was put 'out of commission' before the nuclear holocaust on Judgment Day and he wakes up about 15 years before the future we see in the original Terminator films, which puts the movie at about 2015 or so. Marcus is a bad *** - think along the lines of Riddick - and what he finds is a blasted world filled with horror. Radiation poisoning, starvation, rampant jaywalking - all the things you expect post-apocalypse. There's also John Connor, who is trying to build a utopian society while running the human resistance.

Connor's role is apparently bigger in the second film; whoever they hire for Marcus (my understanding is that the part is not yet cast) will be around for all three films. Terminator 4 is going to be the most male-centric of all the Terminator films, but there is a butt busting female character by the name of Blair, a pilot for the human resistance.

They're going to need some buttkickers, because the scope of the action in Terminator 4 is HUGE. Lots of machine action in this film, including some battles with the T-600s. Yup, the rubber skin Terminators. And there's another familiar character that shows up - Reese shows up in a scene with John Connor. I don't know what his involvement in the next two films will be, though.

Finally, here's a story point that's probably a legitimate spoiler (although it's sort of the main crux around which the story revolves, so it will probably get blown in the advertising), so I'll invisotext this stuff: A big aspect of the story is the degrees of difference between a human and a Terminator. By which I mean cyborgs. By which I mean human brains in robot bodies.

Credits
    Interview with producer Moritz Borman:

ARNIE will NOT be back for the new Terminator movie.

Producer MORITZ BORMAN has revealed that Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins is set before the famous fighting machine has been built.

�We’re keeping the script under very tight security,� Borman told Empire magazine.

�And one of the reasons is that we have a huge twist at the end, which we’re being careful not to reveal. Like with the last Terminator — we kept that under tight wraps so not even the crew got the last six or seven pages.

�I can tell you this much — this is the story everybody has been waiting for. Namely, we’re in the future. The part of it where Arnold’s character has not yet been built but is on the drawing board.

�And in the next two episodes we’ll get to the point where time-travel is more in the foreground. It’s the war against the machines, the start of Skynet taking over the world.�

But Borman hinted that Californian governor Schwarzenegger could feature in two subsequent movies.

�It’s convenient that he hasn’t been built at this point of the story, as Arnold has more important things to do right now, but that doesn’t mean he might not re-appear later in the trilogy,� he said.

�He knows the material and is very supportive of what we’re doing. There might even be hints of his character in this one.�

Borman refused to be drawn on rumours that CHRISTIAN BALE is set to play John Connor.

�No comment. You can draw your own conclusions from that,� laughed Borman.

�Everyone is assuming there is a John Connor and a Terminator in the script. Connor is in there along with another figure, but who is that figure?�

And on other casting whispers he said; �I’ve heard everything from SYLVESTER STALLONE to VIN DIESEL, and other ones. I can tell you that Vin Diesel is not somebody we’re currently talking to.�

The cagey producer did confirm that Charlies’ Angels’ McG would direct the film and that shooting will begin on April 15 in Budapest.
    source: The Sun

Credits
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=42346

Terminator Salvation Set for May 22, 2009 Release

Warner Bros. Pictures has set a May 22, 2009 release date for Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins, to be directed by McG and starring Christian Bale (The Dark Knight) and Sam Worthington (Avatar).

That puts it head-to-head with Fox's Night at the Museum 2: Escape From the Smithsonian on the same date. The studio had already staked out the May 22 release for the Ben Stiller sequel.

Warner will distribute the pic in North America through a deal with Halcyon Co., which owns all franchise rights to the "Terminator" series. Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions Group has acquired international distribution rights.

"Terminator Salvation" begins filming in New Mexico for two months on May 5. The film is part of a planned three-picture arc that begins after Skynet has destroyed much of humanity in a nuclear holocaust. A group of survivors led by John Connor (Bale) struggles to stop the machines.

Credits
    FINALLY!!!

Based on after the start of the war! Just like the beginning of T2.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardkore View Post
    Warner Bros. Pictures has set a May 22, 2009 release date for Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins, to be directed by McG and starring Christian Bale (The Dark Knight) and Sam Worthington (Avatar).
    great news. i've been a big fan of the Terminator series... though, nothing against Bale, but how many John Connors are they planning on using ?? there's been at least two people that have played him as an adult and two as a teenager... sheez. kind of funny that they've asked Bale to do it. i guess since he is used to picking up the pieces of a character that someone else has already been (ie: Batman)...
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins is no longer official T4 movie title. Now is called Untitled Terminator Project.

Credits
    http://www.themovieblog.com/2008/04/...minator-4-cast

Moon Bloodgood Joins Terminator 4 cast

Well it looks like Terminator 4 is still on; last weeks rumor of its demise has turned out to be bullshit. We get word of Moon Bloodgood joining the cast today thanks to our friends at comingsoon:

Moon Bloodgood (”Journeyman”) is in final negotiations for the female lead in director McG’s Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins, says The Hollywood Reporter. Bloodgood will star alongside Christian Bale, Sam Worthington and Anton Yelchin in the fourth installment of the sci-fi series, being produced by Halcyon Co. and set for a Warner Bros. release on May 22, 2009.

Bloodgood will play a no-nonsense and battle-hardened member of the resistance.

Moon Bloodgood has the coolest name in Hollywood. I noticed her first in the horrible film Pathfinder. As the credits rolled I thought to myself “that name is better than the movie I just watched”. I welcome her addition to the cast and look forward to her performance as a resistance fighter.

This casting puts to rest last week’s rumor of cancellation. Most people seem to have a reserved optimism about this film, while others are skeptical about the director’s ability to handle the project. Shooting is set to begin May 5th and we will see soon enough. If the battle against the robots is one of majesty and maximum violence, I will be pleased to the core of my being. I love robots.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast