Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Question Burning with Nero from a network location

Hi all

I have a question about Nero (and sorry Jax, I have no idea about your question about the same program and Vista): Yesterday I was burning a data DVD using Nero 7 (I think) on Windows XP. The case is that I had to burn the data from another computer because an error about a long filename aborted the copy process of the files to the computer where the DVD recorder is installed, which is what I like to do because the 2 computers are located on different floors (levels) and some stupid person can go to the PC and put it off, ruining my recording operation and damaging one of my discs.

Well, the case is that, apart from some files with strange problems (you can use it from the computer but not from the network, I don't know why), when Nero arrived to the verification of the recorded files, I get some (more than ten I believe) messages saying that "Sectors from XXX,XXX to XXX,XXX have different content than source".

I don't know why. It can be due to many factors, isn't it? But there is a thing that I suspect: I believe that someone was viewing my files on the other computer when I was recording the data on the floor below, because later I checked the size of the original folder (I wrote it on a *.txt file for checking purposes) and I found it a bit bigger.

You know, when you enter for the first time in a folder and modify the presentation of the files to see it as thumbnails, in the case of images and videos you will see its content directly on the file icon (when is video you will see only a frame, of course). If you check the size of the folder after doing this you will find it a bit bigger than before because the thumbnails are stored somewhere (in the thumbs.* file I think).

Well, I believe this happened to me yesterday.

Now my question, because I suspect that the person who did this also could reproduce some of the files: How can this affect the burning process?

Nero's verification process ended with a "The burning process has failed" message, but I have checked later some of the files and those files where fine (ML trailers and VOBs), but some images not (like one j7wild's Transformers movie still).

Have this happened to anyone here before?

Note: Later, instead of moving all the 4.37 GB folder together, I copied it by parts, copying subfolders individually and later putting it all together on the destination PC. I had no error message. Then I recorded a new DVD successfully.
    Last edited by jmcc; 07-13-2007 at 02:28 PM.