Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Paradise Lost (aka Turistas)

Paradise Lost is finally hitting the silver screen here in the UK. Caught a preview and don't know what the bad press was all about across the pond (originally called Turistas).

I thought it was a million times better than Hostel. The setting of the Brazilian jungle and especially the underwater scenes in the caves were stunning.

I'm fine with movies being gory provided there's a point, which there wasn't in Hostel. Saw was great as there was at least some suspense and the puzzle element. I actually cared about the characters in Paradise Lost though and provided you're not obsessed by blood and guts (although there was a generous serving imho), then the suspense is more than enough. Also, in Hostel I didn't give a damn about any of the characters!

Definitely more of a thriller than a horror movie and maybe that's where it went a bit astray when released a few months back. For me it was fun, entertaining and certainly won't put me off ever going back to Brazil, which I would move to in a shot. Fantastic country

Rating: 7.5/10

Just be careful who you befriend and put your trust in when on your travels or you could end up losing more than just your wallet

Credits
    It was alright, the violence to me seemed out of place. It was thrilling and shocking even before having to show the "operations" in such detail. And the ending was quite stupid. Very good looking film though.
    5/10
    Sgt. Johnny Beaufort: He says, "The Apaches are a great race," sir. "They've never been conquered. But it is not well for a nation to be always at war. The young men die... the women sing sad songs... and the old ones are hungry in the winter."
    Fort Apache

j7wild Guest
    I have a copy and I haven't seen it!!

Credits
    Send it to me j7wild if you don't want to watch it!Here's a trailer doing the rounds on YouTube to help you make up your mind! lol

Weird thing is that my girlfriend's usually really squeamish watching anything that involves blood and guts but she seemed to be strangely into all the nastiness! Seen a whole new side of her (she's said to say she gives it a 7/10 and that she wants to see it again. Odd girl!).

Credits
    Have you watched it yet j7wild? I didn't think it was too violent. More suspense than gore (imho!).

j7wild Guest

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by wd40 View Post
    Have you watched it yet j7wild? I didn't think it was too violent. More suspense than gore (imho!).
    I kind of fast forward and the only part I really saw was the girls taking their bikini tops when they were on the beach!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    I kind of fast forward and the only part I really saw was the girls taking their bikini tops when they were on the beach!!

lol... a man after my own heart! All I remember is my gfriend putting her hands over my eyes at that moment in some vain attempt to stop me gawping an eyeful!