Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Exclamation " Some Soft Drinks May Damage Your DNA" - Slashdot

From Slashdot:

Posted by Zonk on Sunday May 27, @03:28AM
    from the argh-my-mitochondria dept.

Parallax Blue writes
    "The Independent is reporting new findings that indicate a common additive called sodium benzoate, found in soft drinks such as Fanta and Pepsi Max among others, has the ability to switch off vital parts of DNA in a cell's mitochondria. From the article: 'The mitochondria consumes the oxygen to give you energy and if you damage it — as happens in a number of diseased states — then the cell starts to malfunction very seriously. And there is a whole array of diseases that are now being tied to damage to this DNA — Parkinson's and quite a lot of neuro-degenerative diseases, but above all the whole process of aging.' European Union MPs are now calling for an urgent investigation in the wake of these alarming new findings."

Credits
    Yikes!

More proof, that while very very tasty, sodas are not in the slighest bit good for you! I've stopped drinking soda, without changing anything else in my life, and I've lost 8 lbs in weight (also anything I gain, I seem to be able to shead easier!)

Soda is great on rare occasion only!
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits

Question Soda brands

Granite, please, tell me some brands of the sodas you used to drink.

By soda do you mean this?

Credits
    Soda, soft drink, same thing.

I honestly had not drank anything of the kind in the last two years.

As any athlete can tell you it's the worst thing you can drink during games. It's completely useless.