Thanks Thanks:  0

View Poll Results: Do you have an Apple IPhone?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I do!! I couldn't wait!!

0 0%
  • No, I don't!! I am waiting for the price to drop!!

0 0%
  • No I don't and I will never get one!!

12 70.59%
  • I plan to get one eventually!!

2 11.76%
  • I don't even have a cell phone!!

3 17.65%
  • An IPhone? What's that? Can I watch Movie Trailers on it?

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    j7wild Guest

Question Do you have an Apple IPhone?!?

I wouldn't have one!!

to provide the most coverage in most cities possible for the IPhone, AT&T decided to go with their slower EDGE network

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enhance..._GSM_Evolution

instead of the faster 3rd Generation 3GB network and 3GB network

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3G

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3GP

I am still using a Cell Phone from 1999 and it works fine;

I don't have text messaging or special ring tones and I can't watch videos or surf the web on it but who cares?

speaking of IPhone - this is funny!!

http://www.filecabi.net/video/062907-firstiphone1.html

Credits
    Wow those poll options are dumb, there's not even a "No, but I want one!" option which is me.

Credits
    i dont even have a phone

Credits
    I think it's pretty stupid to spend 600 dollar on a cellphone (doesn't matter what you call it, it's still a cellphone). 99% of the people buying it don't need all those gadgets except to impress their friends. There are much better ways to spend that much money.
    I'm a mog, half man, half dog, I am my own best friend.

Credits
    Well im 110% going to get 1.. why well im a gadget freak... hehe i like gadgets, hookers, and beer.. thats my 3 worst sins

Fed7haS
    She's just too pretty for Hollywood. I don't know, put her in a glass box and display her at the Metropolitan Museum of Art or something. - Jake on the topic of Scarlett Johansson.

Credits
    only things i want off other than its phone r the GPS feature.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase Windu View Post
    I personally think that the iphone is an extremely expensive piece of crap. It's not even a phone with special features. It's more like a crappy palm pilot thing with a crappy phone feature. I think the only thing going for it is that it looks sleek.
    Is 'crappy' your new favourite word or something? The iPhone uses revolutionary touch screen technology, heck if you don't even like the phone you can appreciate the technology aspect of it.

Credits
    I don't like it, and I don't want it.

I have a plain old phone that does one thing nobody's phone does - make calls. The more features a phone has the more it seems to suck at the basics.

Credits
    I am against most forms of smartphones in general. They seem to be too big for cell phones, too small for a PDA, and either too little storage space or too little battery (or both) for an MP3 player. Not to mention the fact that if you spend all of your battery listening to songs or surfing the web, you might not have enough juice left to make that important telephone call.

I get a free phone every two years when I renew my cell phone service contract. It usually isn't flashy, but it does the job for me. My PDA has lasted me a lot longer than two years, and has a lot more life left in it. I am still getting used to owning a MP3 player.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    i was actually thinking about getting one. having a cellphone and ipod in one sounded pretty cool and convient. until i found out it costs $80 to even think about getting the battery replaced... forget that. using the same mentality of soldering the battery in as the ipod ... i'll pass. now that this is out, someone else will copy it and have ripoffs out there within the next few months, if not sooner. virgin mobile is very good to me, so i'll wait ....
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase Windu View Post
    How is this touch screen technology revolutionary? From what I've seen it's not really much different from other touch screen devices.
    To me a phone is a phone. All I need it to do is be able to make and receive calls. Not be a media player or organizer. I don't need to carry my music or picturess around.
    Um... then you obviously haven't really read up much about this new touch screen technology, old touch screen was one touch, and that was it just touch no dragging, no pinching(as apple calls it) just touch. My sister brought home a 'prada' phone the other day and its like the iPhone, a whole screen for touching, great in theory, but was absolutely useless in practice.

I have to agree with you, a phone is a phone, a camera is a camera, a mp3 player is a mp3 player, a diary/organiser is a diary/organiser, a map is a map, a laptop for using the net is a laptop. But... doesn't that take up a lot of space carrying them around? This is the point of this device, to combine all the features it has into one piece of equipment so that you don't have to carry around a billion things at once.

Credits
    I agree.

Reason i bought my SonyEricsson w800i long ago was so that I wouldn't have to shell out another $$$$ for an ipod or something to listen to music. Plus a great camera so thats ANOTHER device I'm saving money n space with.

A single device to do 3 main things for me. I say its great. Pictures come out excellent n everyone always asks me to take the pictures of the party

Credits
    Seems like a highly priced consumer piece of crap.

Why buy an iPhone when you can get the new Blu-ray player for a hundred dollars less?!
    http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif

Credits
    I must be really strange then. If I want a phone, I want a phone for crying out loud. I don't care if it has five billion features. If I want to listen to music, I have my cd player (or mp3). If I want to watch movies, I have a portable DVD player (a lot bigger screen than an Ipod or this "phone"). They put so many things on these new "phones" nowadays that they are now even phones anymore, they are just minature computers. Sorry, I'm ranting again. No, I don't have an Iphone and I have no desire to have one.

Credits
    one thing is to have everything in one gadget and one thing is to have each gadget to do each thing WELL. Well is important part, because imo you can have phone that does play mp3, makes photos, has radio, can make sms, mms, calls (look at the position I put it to, strange, huh?), has a flashlight and tons of another crap I really DONT need my phone to do (and yet I have such, but it was a gift, you dont refuse gifts ) and on the other side you can have one gadget per one function, which always WILL be the best.
    My SonyEricsson cellphone definitely doesnt play mp3s better than my old Creative Jukebox does, it definitely doesnt make better pictures than either of my Sony digital cameras (or my OLD analog Minolta) does, it sure doesnt shine as my normal flashlight does, it doesnt provide me better games than my old GameBoy Color/Pocket or either of PCs does and so on and so on. At the end, all I use on my cell is sms (dont use mms) and making calls (plus I use it to wake myself up). NONE gadget will EVER do ALL the things WELL. It always does it, but never will do it as well as the gadget which does hav the ONLY function.
    Thats why I always cary my old Jukebox, Laptop, Cameras AND cellphone. It will never be JUST cellphone. And its the same with iPhone. Its just one of bit different cellphones that try to do everything, yet does neither of those functions as well as machines made to do them. Touchscreen? Blaaah, REALLY DONT NEED TO PAY EXTRA MONEY FOR THAT.
    But I DO understand to people who find it interesting/useful and so on. Dont mean to offend anyone.
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast