Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

JapAnime Film Festival Day 1

<center>A Tree Of Palme (Subtitled)

</center>

Director: Nakamura Takashi
    Plot: Palme a wooden robotic puppet is on a quest to become human with the help of young children he meets along the way. Palme & the group quickly relise the danger involved when everything that helps him has been hurt or killed!
    Notes: Talk about a heavy fantasy movie. When seeing this movie, u sit down and forget everything you know. This movie shows a fantasic world described best as a fantasy world compared to J.R.R. Tolkiens works. Its an exploration and journey of a little artifical boy which carries are secret if released could destory all man... a spirit that wants revenage. Palme goes through changes of innocents & feelings which not only affects the world which he sees but his close friends. Tho bring a tear to my eye, Palme touchs your feelings in this bizarre land. Theres crazy stuff like floating grass and trees with extremely weird animals. Its a whole new world that explores your common experiences. The mix of outstanding special effect shots into the common 2D frames is supurb, bring a expanded look.
    This movie will stretch your imagination to its limits if not tier you out. The first few mintues is an fantasic opening but overall the first part of the movie is just too long and boring. Perhaps its needed to expand on the charactors in great detail but alot was just wasted i believe. Its not untill when the jounery to find the location where Palme can become human is where it gets exciting and the story just lifts off. You'd believe that there is a world like this no matter how strange everything seems
    Rating: 4/5

PS: There were alot more movies playing during the day but only went to see this since it sounded the best out of the lot and its during the work day. Other movies included Barefoot Gen, Roujin Z, Taka Furakawa Retrospective & A Tale of Genji
    Last edited by Kn'thrak; 10-17-2002 at 10:23 AM.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]