Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Ridley Scott to make Monopoly

Have you ever played monopoly?

If you have, than you probably have same "wtf" on your mouth as I do.

WTF??
    Wait a minute, what?

Apparently, legendary film-maker Ridley Scott believes it would be a great career move to make a feature film adaptation of the popular board game Monopoly.

Please, please, please do not take that as anything more than entertaining rumor. Because the idea of a Monopoly movie is one of the worst ideas ever, and not just in film. The article giving rise to this news further insults our intelligence by reporting that Scarlett Johansson and Kirsten Dunst are being considered for roles. Erm... As who exactly? If you ask me, the closest Monopoly should ever get to cinema, is when Ace Ventura thanks that guy for the free parking and then knocks him out in ACE VENTURA: WHEN NATURE CALLS. Finally, the article claims that Hasbro wants the film to feature "sexy young people" because it wants more teenagers to play Monopoly. I'm not really sure what to say about that, I'm pretty sure that no joke is necessary.

I'm going to look really stupid if this actually happens.

Now, HOW THE HELL COULD THIS LOOK LIKE????
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

j7wild Guest
    WTF WTF WTF????

Go make another Alien film or the sequel to Blade Runner, Ridley!!

Credits
    Monopoly could be an action-packed, heroic, heart-warming, jaw-dropping epic......

"Unlimited power of a life and death forever!"

Credits
    that's too funny. i was just reading an article from the CIO of Hasbro about why they decided to film transformers and their transition from a gaming company to more of an entertainment company (dont know what the difference really there is) ...

but one of the games they mentioned would be monopoly and since it has such a HUGE fan base (who hasn't played monopoly at least once??) - that based off of that fact alone it would be a decent movie. now you add Mr.Scott into the mix (hes the same director that made Aliens, right ??) - then there you have it. im just curious how they are going to do it. CG animated like Pixar, a "Clue" type of movie that has different endings or a drama / comedy movie with live action.

interesting find though. thanks.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    And just exactly what role do reckon Johansson and Dunst would be playing: the top hat or the iron?

And considering Scott is the rumoured director perhaps we can throw Russell Crowe in to play the dog, or the shoe or the cannon.

Apart from the live Dragon Ball Z adapation, the most ridiculous movie rumour I've ever read from this Forum.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    n adaption just means using the game as a reference. So the locations n stuff will be in a movie with various ppl n companies makign hostile takeovers of streets n homes. It will be nothing new other than the title. There is already so many movies like this. Wasn't Good Luck something like that? A Business man goes to "acquire" assetts in another location with some drama happening there? Its dead easy to do.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by editman View Post
    And just exactly what role do reckon Johansson and Dunst would be playing: the top hat or the iron?

And considering Scott is the rumoured director perhaps we can throw Russell Crowe in to play the dog, or the shoe or the cannon.

Apart from the live Dragon Ball Z adapation, the most ridiculous movie rumour I've ever read from this Forum.
    In a world where Burger King will have his own movie and The Sims is being adapted, everything is possible

Credits
    This is not the first time that something like this happens, remember the movie based on the game Clue?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt/

Why don't we just finish the job by flushing our brains down the toilet?

My DVD Collection

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by htitos View Post
    This is not the first time that something like this happens, remember the movie based on the game Clue?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt/
    Yeah, that movie was great.
    Clark Kent is who I am. Superman is what I can do.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Kn'thrak View Post
    n adaption just means using the game as a reference. So the locations n stuff will be in a movie with various ppl n companies makign hostile takeovers of streets n homes. It will be nothing new other than the title. There is already so many movies like this. Wasn't Good Luck something like that? A Business man goes to "acquire" assetts in another location with some drama happening there? Its dead easy to do.
    Exactly what I was thinking. One could almost make it into a morality drama about the evil of big business and all that bs. Scarlett could seduce men to give up their ownership certificates. Someone could go to prison. Someone could control the railroads.

It's not that far fetched. How does one pass GO though?

Credits
    When was the last time a famous board game was adapted into a movie?

Unless I'm mistaken, Dungeons & Dragons.

Was it a good movie?

Unless I'm mistaken, no.

Enough said.

Credits
    well but when was the last time when board game was adapted by such a great director? .....

Credits
    U gotta admit tho, D&D movie trailer was fantastic! Its in my top list of fav trailers.

Credits
    Oh god that movie was HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE!!! HORRRRRRRRIBBBBBBLLLLLLE!

I just felt like my brain was turning into tomato sauce after 30 minutes of watching that.

j7wild Guest
    D&D movie was a piece of Crap and that's just not only MY Opinion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast