This week is the 30th anniversary of us coming to the U.S. (August 9th, 1977 according to my Mamma's Elephant Memory);

we (my father, my mother, my brother, my 6 year old sister, my almost 15 year old brother and I was 12 at the time) entered the U.S. through New York.

I still remember the long taxi ride from JFK Airport to Manhattan at night, with a Black Cab driver sporting the 70s afro haircut and long sideburns, the radio chatter traffic going continuously on the Cab's CB Radio and he would talk on it every so often.

My Father was the only one who spoke some English; the rest of us didn't know a word and we were scared cause we didn't know what the Driver was saying on the CB and where he was taking us (while living in Italy, we heard about all the bad thing people in New York do to tourists)!!

We stayed at the Hotel Claridge in New York for a few days before flying down to Houston; I just googled it and the bloody Hotel is still there, WOW!!

Well, it's been 30 years, time flies when you are having fun and if we never came to the U.S., you would not had known me (YOUR LOSS) and I would never had met Andrea and have 2 adorable Baby Girls.

Hey, this would make a nice screenplay for a Time Travel Movie!!