Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

JapAnime Film Festival Day 2

<center>Aurora (Subtitled)</center>

Director: Yoshinori Kanno
    Plot: Its 2030 and the world's oil supply has run out! A drilling team on the Pacific Ocean floor is searching for Oil believed to be under the Earth's mantle! They find a new sure of oil but they unleash a deadly bacteria 600 million years old that quickly corrodes metal alloys and explodes when explosed to air. All life on Earth is at threat from the very bacteria that created life on life.
    Notes: I was looking forward to this movie since synopsis were saying it was a good thriller like Sphere & Abyss. Fact is... it was NOTHING like that. All CG and very poor looking. A professional CG creator could of done much better. The charactors did not match the environment of the movie and behaved erratically. I believe that a live action B grade movie would have done much better. Only plus (the reason I gave a rating) is the OST. Absolutely fantastic. Warsaw Orchestra in a japanese movie? It worked really well. Its like a mix of John Williams with a Russian theme.
    Rating: 1/5

<center>Blue Submarine No.6 (Dubbed)

</center>

Director: Mahiro Maeda
    Plot: A rogue scientist Zorndyke, decides that humanity has lost the right to survive on the planet it has ruined and breeds a race of mer-people, the Mutio, to repopulate Earth. Young officer Mayumi Kino retrieves Tetsu Hayami, the navy's best pilot of yesteryear, now a junkie in the flooded ruins of Tokyo, to command the Blue Submarine. Although at first refusing to return to help humanity, Hayami eventually joins with the remnants of the navy to fight for humanity's last stand
    Notes: A totally amazing OVA. Can't believe I didn't see this series years ago. Beautifully made under water battles with the combination of realistic sub action with robotic ones.
    This series of 4 episodes looks like Titan A.E. with CG environment with anime charactors. What really blew me away is the cg effect of water. The most realistic i've ever seen. Some scenes I was questioning if they are CG or real.
    Rating: 4/5

<center>The Sushi Box 1
    F.L.C.L (Subtitled)

</center>

Director: Kazuya Tsurumaki
    Plot: Naota is a normal student living with his abnormal father and grandfather. One day, a seemingly insane girl named Haruko blazes in from out of nowhere on her Vespa, wielding an electric guitar with a buzzsaw! Haruko moves in with Naota under the pretense of being a housekeeper, but Naota knows there's something obviously strange about her. To make matters worse, large shapes are growing out of his head, hatching into large monsters that Haruko makes her mission to kill. Who is Haruko really, and what is she after?
    Notes: Only the first episode of this OVA was shown since its a special first time look in Australia. I've seen the whole 6 episodes but just had to see the first episode on the big screen. Hilarious & smart @ the same time, F.L.C.L. is jammed packed with excellent animation as well CG animation never seen before. The shots are CG but they look like anime. Very cool. Pitty they didn't show all 6 episodes in a row. That would have made it a huge hit but just from the first episode it came the same result.
    Rating: 5/5

<center>The Sushi Box 1
    Berserk (Subtitled)

</center>

Director: Naohito Takahashi
    Plot: A dark being with the power of elimating evil & corruption with a massive sword able to slice through anything.
    Notes: Not really my piece of cake. Its got DragonBall style animation with the same type of action but without the magic. Looks like Fist Of The North Star but not as good. Gory level is extremely high which was the only thing keeping everyone interested
    Rating: 2/5

<center>The Sushi Box 1
    HellSing (Subtitled)

</center>

Director: Jôji Nakata
    Plot: A British taskforce, lead by the daughter of the vampire hunter Prof. Van Helsing, battles the supernatural with the aid of two vampires.
    Notes: This series has great potential. Only screened the first episode again but it was a very good first episode. Its crazy to see evil things fighting against another evil with alot of blood and gore. Wish I could see more...
    Rating: 3/5

<center>Escaflowne: A Girl in Gaia (Subtitled)

</center>

Director: Kazuki Akane
    Plot: Hitomi, a high school student is bored to the point of suicidal depression. She wishes she would vanish off the face of the Earth and does when she is transported to the war-torn land of Gaea. The people of Gaea believe that the moody and selfish Hitomi is the Winged Goddess with the power to either save or destroy their world. Hitomi's apathy towards life is shared by the warrior Van - violent, bitter and stubborn, he cares for no one, not even himself. As war sweeps Gaea, Hitomi is revealed as the crucial key to victory, a role she is sorely tempted to swap for a simple, carefree life back on Earth
    Notes: An excellent intro to this movie. Amazing fight scenes with swords combined with mind power magic makes this an interesting anime. The movie is generally about lonelyness being the ultimate pain which the main charactors go through the troubled times. Charactors are all very well done but the development was alittle too quick. I guess the series would explain more but this movie was outstanding on its own.
    Rating: 4/5

<center>Cowboy Bebop (Subtitled)

</center>

Director: Shinichiro Watanabe
    Plot: Cowboy Bebop inhabits the space western genre in a solar system where cityscapes and futuristic neo-architecture jostle with one-horse frontier towns in the middle of the Martian desert. On the eve of Halloween, a tanker explodes on a freeway, the substance spilling out from the rig kills more than 500 people. When the surviving witnesses begin to die mysteriously, the police suspect a terrorist attack using a biological weapon. A huge reward is offered and the Cowboy Bebop crew of four rag tag bounty hunters and a dog, in dire straits as usual, is hooked by this unprecedented reward.
    Notes: This movie can be compared to todays events with Terrorism happening and this movie deals with biological terrorist attack. For those ppl that haven't heard or watched this series & movie (I feel pitty for you), this movie was truely a 100% class of anime. No BS type anime style but all realistic. If given the chance, I could not even prove any seconds of this fine movie. Tickets to this were sold out in 2 cinemas playing at once. It was the last movie of the day. The soundtrack is a deliberate 1970's retro style which is its excellent theme and perfect in this air battle and hand to hand fight scenes. Some of the fights are really realistic intense which can make you tighten your hold on chair your in.
    Rating: 5/5
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Forgot to mention.... just before The Sushi Box 1 screened, the cinema gave out free DVDs contain 1 episode of Hellsing and 64 trailers

They are fantastic trailers. All anime movie trailers.
    There is a cool option on the DVD to play ALL trailers in order I did that. That was extremely fun! Also there was an option to play by genre

Credits
    I would gladly upload them, even make my own trailers but I don't have a DVDRom.

Send one over and I'll give them to u!