Thanks Thanks:  0
    j7wild Guest

Talking 3 New Cool Texas Law that went into effect this week !!

Every September, many new Laws goes into effect in Texas.

These 3 are my favorites from the hundreds of new laws enacted this year:

PROTECTS THE RIGHT to bear arms during a declared disaster or emergency by prohibiting law enforcement officers from confiscating firearms during such emergency periods.

I like this law - after Hurricane Katrina, Corrupts New Orleans PIGs supported by National Guardsmen were arresting Armed Law Abiding Citizens who were protecting their flooded properties from looting and confiscating firearms from citizens who purchased and owned those weapons legally!! That is Illegal Search and Seizure!!

CASTLE DOCTRINE: Removes the requirement that someone must try to retreat before using deadly force to defend themselves.

I like this law - if someone comes at me and I feel in fear for my life; the life of someone in my family and in fear for my property being stolen; I don't have to take a step back or fire a warning shot or issue a verbal warning anymore. I now have the right to shoot to kill to defend myself, my family, my properties with no questions asked!!

CHILD PREDATORS: "Jessica's Law," named after 9-year-old Jessica Lunsford, a Florida girl who was sexually abused and murdered, allows prosecutors to seek the death penalty for some repeat child sex offenders.

Another great law - all pedophiles should be put to death!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post

CASTLE DOCTRINE: Removes the requirement that someone must try to retreat before using deadly force to defend themselves.

I like this law - if someone comes at me and I feel in fear for my life; the life of someone in my family and in fear for my property being stolen; I don't have to take a step back or fire a warning shot or issue a verbal warning anymore. I now have the right to shoot to kill to defend myself, my family, my properties with no questions asked!!

sorry, but this is stupid!

this gives someone the chance to kill someone and later he says "i feared for my life" . the person who got killed may just be disoriented or something or didn't understand your language, etc.

this prooves that americans truly make insane laws!

no offense j7

j7wild Guest

Question

Quote Originally Posted by bendermac View Post
    this prooves that americans truly make insane laws!

no offense j7
    this Law is insane:

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/20/2010.asp

so what they are saying, for example, a person who is on a long distance road trip and not a resident of Tennesse, who has even just the rest of 1 open pack of cigarette in his/her possession in the vehicle which he/she may have purchased in another state during a gas stop, etc can lose their vehicle while driving through Tennesse, if they are stopped and the Officers finds that pack of cigarette?

isn't this Law a violation of illegal seizure and cruel and unusual punishment?