Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Exclamation HELP ME , I need to identify this film. :)

Hi Guys,

Well as my first post i should start by saying hi to all and thanks for having me.

Right on with my plea..........

About 12 years ago (I think) , i saw a film which was basically about cyber-terrorism , some bad dudes had planted bombs in the telephone system that the USA uses for all it's financial data traffic and of course were committed to the fall of the USA economic system.

It comes down to two high school kids (one lad and one girl) to save the day.

The story starts where this kid is monitoring the tones sent out by the ATM machines and using these with his skills in electronics to clone peoples cash cards (hehhe if only it were that easy).

It transpires that the bombs in the tel co system have some kind of acoustic trigger (why i have no idea!) , and this kid , uses his skills of listening to the ATM tones to somehow save the day. (horrah)

I have no idea who the leads were , for some reason i thought keanu reeves , but nothing comes up on his biog , and i think I'm getting the girl boy thing mixed up with 'Chain Reaction' , but it's that kind of young people save the day kinda feel.

Anyway try as i might i cant find out what it's called , it's driving me mad , as i saw some of it but missed some so wanted to watch the whole thing.

ANY HELP WOULD BE VERY VERY COOL.

ALSO............

Another film called "Lucky Star" i think it starred Geoff Bridges , something about being very lucky , and the trailer showed him or the lead actor in a car , driving down an American street , with all the lights changing to green before him , and the narrative was "Were you born under a lucky star?"

Well there ya go something for you movie guru's to get your teeth into , any help would be very much appreciated.

MANY THANKS.

Alex.

Credits
    Hello,

I think the first film youre looking is Hackers, and the second one with jeff bridges is Starman.

I hope they are the titles you were looking for

Greetz Pasdav

Credits
    The first one defenitly is not "Hackers", hackers isn't about bombs in the telephone systems or listening to the tones of an ATM machine. It's probably a wild guess from your side. However, I would also say that the second movie is indeed "Starman".
    I'm a mog, half man, half dog, I am my own best friend.

j7wild Guest
    the 2nd one is not Starman - not sure what it is if Jeff Bridges is really the actor in it.

Credits
    John Carpenter's Starman with Jeff Bridges and Karen Allen in the lead, did you look it up J7?

j7wild Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    John Carpenter's Starman with Jeff Bridges and Karen Allen in the lead, did you look it up J7?
    Starman is about an Alien, whose ship crashes to earth and he assumes the physical identity of a woman's dead husband and she drives him across the country to meet a pickup point by his mothership.

I seen the movie a couple of dozen times and there is no such scene in it as the OP described and also, Luck is not a part of the storyline and Starman is always called Starman, never used the title of Lucky Star.

Credits
    The only thing that came to mind about Lucky Star was the spoof film trailer made by Michael Mann featuring Benicio Del Toro that turned out to be an advert for Mercedes Benz. It aired in the UK on TV/Cinemas in 2002.

It's called lucky star and if you watch at 2:14 all the traffic lights turn green.

That's the only thing I think it could be. Also seeing as you're from the UK as well it could be that this is what you saw.

Credits
    The proof is in the pudding, I agree with Harvey. When someone mentions Starman, the first thing that comes to mind is the DEER scene, but nothing about lights turning green.
    As for the second one, the storyline seems familiar, but I honestly dont have a clue, unless it was a TV episode, then I would'nt know.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.