http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=51474

Last talked about two months ago, The Hollywood Reporter now confirms the Fox network is officially developing the television series "Bitches."

ShockTillYouDrop.com spoke to creator Michael Dougherty (Superman Returns, X2: X-Men United)) about the project's origins in October. The conceit is this: Four women live their New York lives while also dealing with their lycanthropy. "How can you date and fall in love with someone when you're a werewolf and you start to turn when you're aroused?"

"Pushing Daises'" Aaron Harberts and Gretchen Berg were recently brought on to supervise Dougherty's work. They'll serve as executive producers should the show see life as a series.
http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...ws.php?id=8054

Television has seen its share of empowered female vampires and witches. Werewolves? Not so much. That's about to change when Michael Dougherty and Fox introduce you to Bitches, a new television dramedy announced last week. The series follows a quartet of New York City gals dealing with lycanthropy.

"The funny thing is I have always had this weird obsession with female werewolves," Dougherty tells ShockTillYouDrop.com. "Even going back to The Howling there's that famous transformation sequence that Joe Dante did with the fire and lovemaking. To me that was indicative of female sexuality - all sexuality has this beastly side of it."

The writer-director of Trick 'r Treat - which features its share of werewolves - says he recently dug out a few sketches he created in high school reflecting his fondness for hirsute howlers.

"The idea [for the show] started years ago, this is my first dabbling with it and with the TV series," he says. "I want to continue the tongue-in-cheek feel. If you're a werewolf, it should just be another aspect of yourself you're trying to deal with. You do want to explore those parallels of being a werewolf and human sexuality. How can you date and fall in love with someone when you're a werewolf and you start to turn when you're aroused?"

No doubt Dougherty will yield some hilarious answers to that query. As for the show's title, he says, as of now, the network hasn't raised a fuss over "Bitches." "There are back up titles just in case."