Thanks Thanks:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    j7wild Guest

Angry I can't say Merry Christmas? That's Political Correctness B.S. !!

We were putting up Christmas Decorations at my store yesterday and one of my Managers suggested that we not put up anything that had the phrase "Merry Christmas" on it because

1. some people finds that offensive

and

2. it will leave us open to lawsuits

That is the biggest Croak of Crap I had ever heard!!

Someone posted this on the internet and I agree with every word of it:

Don't tell me that I can't celebrate Christmas, don't tell me that I can't say Merry Christmas, don't tell me that a Christmas tree is a "holiday" tree, don't tell me that December 25 is no longer Christmas Day but is instead now a no name holiday, do't tell me that if I say merry Christmas other people will be insulted, don't tell me that my children can't have a Christmas pageant in school because other children may feel insulted or left out (School is not and can not always be all inclusive for everyone, otherwise there would be no chess club because not every child plays chess, no sports teams because not every child plays or even likes sports, no drama club because not every child wants to act, no Memorial day because not every child wants to honor our fallen soldiers, no labor day because not every child wants to honor unions, no Thanksgiving because not every child wants to give thanks, no pledge of allegiance because not every child wants to honor this country, etc.). This is not a country of worker bees or ants, we are a country of individuals with different backgrounds and different beliefs.

According to the U.S Government under United States Code section 5-6103, December 25 is a legal holiday and that legal holiday is named Christmas. Most states also denote December 25 as "Christmas". We all know that Christ was not actually born on December 25 but that is the date that this government and the majority of Christian churches have chosen to use. Additionally, not all people who celebrate Christmas believe in Christ, many people celebrate it as just a holiday that happens to be called Christmas. I've been to numerous Christmas parties where many of the guests were not Christians. No one ever called them Holiday parties and as far as I know no one was ever upset that the party was called a Christmas party.

I'm not insulted if someone wishes me happy Hanukkah or happy Kwanza so why should anyone be insulted if I say Merry Christmas. It seems to me that the only people that complain about Christmas are certain Atheists and the people that have designated themselves as "political correctness police". Well. in this country you people have the right to state your thoughts but please stop trying to force your way of thinking on everyone else. Leave us alone. Get your own holiday, leave us ours.

I celebrate Christmas because it is my Choice as an individual!! After all it's a wonderful holiday, it wishes peace on earth and good will towards all mankind (What other holiday makes that wish?) If you are so insecure in your religion or lack of religion that you feel threatened by my celebration of Christmas then I feel sorry for you. I would also tell you to go jump off a very high bridge into very deep water (People that try to push their beliefs on me really P*** me off). If you don't want to celebrate Christmas, don't. Just don't tell those of us that do want to that we can't.
    I told my employees to leave those decorations up!!

I also told them to thank every customer at the checkout and still say "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holidays"!!

Someone gets offended and wants to sue?

Go Ahead!!

I Spit on their Lawsuit!!

What's next to be eliminated?

Easter?

Halloween?

Thanksgiving?

read this:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8093254AA7hAEi

totally absurd!!

Credits

Exclamation

Source: Cornell University Law School

(a) The following are legal public holidays:
    New Year’s Day, January 1.
    Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr., the third Monday in January.
    Washington’s Birthday, the third Monday in February.
    Memorial Day, the last Monday in May.
    Independence Day, July 4.
    Labor Day, the first Monday in September.
    Columbus Day, the second Monday in October.
    Veterans Day, November 11.
    Thanksgiving Day, the fourth Thursday in November.
    Christmas Day, December 25.
    I work in a national park, so, sadly, it actually is more appropriate to say happy holidays -- but we do at least get to play christmas music (as long as it isn't "religious")
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

j7wild Guest

Smile

if this Political Correctness BS keeps up, I will have to have my dinner guests sign this next year at Thanksgiving Dinner:

Thanksgiving Guest Liability and Indemnification Agreement

____________________ (hereinafter referred to as "Guest") has been given permission to eat at the table of _____________________ (hereinafter referred to as "Host).

Guest acknowledges and understands that no warranty, either expressed or implied, is made by the Host as to the nutritional content of the meal. This document is offered in order to duly warn Guest that dangerous conditions, risks, and hazards may lurk in the turkey, stuffing, vegetables, cranberry sauce, fixings, drinks, desserts, appetizers, and any other comestibles that may be served.

Guest is hereby informed that Host's food may contain any of the following: calories, carbohydrates, sodium (salt), fat, saturated fat, trans fat, polyunsaturated fat, monounsaturated fat, peanuts, sugar, alcohol, tryptophan, caffeine, and good cheer.

Guest acknowledges that eating may incur risks including, but not limited to, satiation, indigestion, heart burn, dizziness, laziness, heart disease, holiday spirit, "food coma," and "that bloated feeling." Host's meal includes all items served, including those brought by other Guests (including "Grandma").

If Guest has brought minors to Host's Thanksgiving table, Guest assumes the responsibility for monitoring said minors' eating habits and guarding against hazards at all times.

As consideration for being allowed by host to enjoy a Thanksgiving meal, Guest hereby indemnifies Host from all liability for personal injury suffered by Guest-which may be caused, in whole or in part, by any element of Host's meal. Guest agrees that neither he/she, nor his/her heirs or personal representatives will sue Host or his/her associates for any injury that Guest suffers, in whole or in part, from consuming food on Host's premises. This indemnification includes an agreement not to haul Host into court on the basis of:

1. Failure to provide nutritional information;
    2. Failure to warn of potential for overeating because food tastes too good and is provided at no cost;
    3. Failure to offer "healthier alternatives" or vegetarian "tofurkey";
    4. Failure to provide information about other venues serving alternative, "healthier" Thanksgiving meals;
    5. Failure to warn that dark meat contains more fat than white meat; and
    6. Failure to warn that eating may lead to obesity.

GUEST INDEMNIFIES AND RELEASES OWNER FROM ALL LIABILITY.

GUEST HAS READ THIS DOCUMENT AND UNDERSTANDS IT. HE/SHE IS SIGNING IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY, AND PROMISES NOT TO APPEAR AS A WITNESS IN SUPPORT OF JOHN "SUE THE BASTARDS" BANZHAF, ESQ., AT ANY TIME IN THE FUTURE.

GUEST: ___________________________ DATE:______________________

HOST: _____________________________

WITNESS: __________________________________________________ _____

WITNESS: __________________________________________________ _____

Credits
    according to this article, aclu is not involved in the "war on christmas":
    http://dir.salon.com/story/news/feat.../21/christmas/

Credits
    not being able to say Xmas is absurd. but it is mroe appropriate to say Holidays instead. you are acknowledging other religions and showing you are a little more open minded than others. i use holidays more, as i dont celebrate xmas - but it doesnt bother me if someone says xmas. it is the meaning behind the saying more than the saying itself.

however, in a different light, it is a government supported religious holiday that no other religion has, which is a little one sided. i personally feel that there should not be any religous holidays. you want time off to celebrate easter or xmas or ramadan or yule or whatever - fine, take it with no problems from me, as i will take the ones i celebrate. but i shouldnt have to sit at home with nothing to do in the middle of the week becuase nothing is friggin' open. talk about pushing someone else's religous beliefs on others.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    Hey, Larry the Cable guy has something to say about that, check out his new Christmas album. HA!!
    "And now," cried Max, "Let the wild rumpus start!"

Credits
    Nothing new, don't you remember the whole deal about Christmas trees being removed from airports and stores all over NYC?

How about the fact that in NYC public schools Christmas decorations have been removed but the earlier additions, namely the decorations for Hanukkah and Kwanzaa have been retained?

I don't' personally care THAT much since I'm not one of those people who get sad if they don't see a Christmas tree every 5 minutes but this is exactly what causes problems in this country.

Let people put up whatever they want, it's not ANYBODY's place to tell me what I can or can't decorate my house or business with.

j7wild Guest

Talking

We have a Christmas Tree up at each of my stores with the sign that reads "Please don't touch the Christmas Tree" - not Holiday Tree!!

We also have a big banner inside the store over the exit doors that reads "Thank you for shopping with us Merry Christmas"

Someone doesn't like it or thinks it's inappropriate or not politically correct or offensive?

Screw them!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    We have a Christmas Tree up at each of my stores with the sign that reads "Please don't touch the Christmas Tree" - not Holiday Tree!!
    funny ... its not a Christmas tree.... the tree started out as a pagan tradition. Martin Luther (started the Lutheranism) came across a circle worshipping around the tree that was decorated with apples and spider webs and brought the idea home. though Prince Albert, in 1841, is credited as bringing to england. but i have heard several stories as far back as the egyptians using fir trees, but it is safe to say, that it wasnt always just a christian tradition.

Credits
    How about the Santa's down in Australia who couldn't say 'ho ho ho' because of its negative conotation

Credits
    I agree this Political Correctness is getting out of hand and I for one am getting tired of it. It is getting to the point were you can't even open your mouth with out someone saying that you are offensive or insulting. you open your mouth and people fly off the handle at the littlest thing now. I watched a show this week that was called "The War on Christmas" where it talked about all this stuff and how "Christmas" is slowly being converted in to "The P.C. holliday" I believe people have become to hyper sensitive I don't care if someone doesn't do the whole "christmas thing" i'm not going to tailor my life and tip toe around them to make them feel good because they most likely wouldn't do it for me. Hey if your Jewish, fine great for you. if your Muslim, good for you! I'm not Christian but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy Christmas so don't start shouting at me about being offended, insulted or whatever.

j7wild Guest

Talking

yup it's that time of the year again and once again we have a Christmas Tree in each store with the same sign that reads

"Please don't touch the Christmas Tree"

and a sign at the exits that reads

"Thank you for shopping with us Merry Christmas"

Do I care about Political Correctness one year later?

Hell NO!!

Credits
    It's MERRY CHRISTMAS. I agree j7 I don't care about Political Correctness either!!

Credits

Food for Thoughts

The following was written by Ben Stein and recited by him on CBS Sunday Morning Commentary.

My confession:

I am a Jew, and every single one of my ancestors was Jewish. And it does not bother me even a little bit when people call those beautiful lit up, bejeweled trees, Christmas trees.. I don't feel threatened. I don't feel discriminated against. That's what they are: Christmas trees.
    It doesn't bother me a bit when people say, 'Merry Christmas' to me. I don't think they are slighting me or getting ready to put me in a ghetto. In fact, I kind of like it It shows that we are all brothers and sisters celebrating this happy time of year. It doesn't bother me at all that there is a manger scene on display at a key intersection near my beach house in Malibu If people want a crïeche, it's just as fine with me as is the Menorah a few hundred yards away.
    I don't like getting pushed around for being a Jew, and I don't think Christians like getting pushed around for being Christians. I think people who believe in God are sick and tired of getting pushed around, period. I have no idea where the concept came from that America is an explicitly atheist country. I can't find it in the Constitution and I don't like it being shoved down my throat.
    Or maybe I can put it another way: where did the idea come from that we should worship celebrities and we aren't allowed to worship God as we understand Him? I guess that's a sign that I'm getting old, too. But there are a lot of us who are wondering where these celebrities came from and where the America we knew went to.
    In light of the many jokes we send to one another for a laugh, this is a little different: This is not intended to be a joke; it's not funny, it's intended to get you thinking.
    Billy Graham's daughter was interviewed on the Early Show and Jane Clayson asked her 'How could God let something like this happen?' (regarding Katrina) Anne Graham gave an extremely profound and insightful response. She said, 'I believe God is deeply saddened by this, just as we are, but for years we've been telling God to get out of our schools, to get out of our government and to get out of our lives. And being the gentleman He is, I believe He has calmly backed out. How can we expect God to give us His blessing and His protection if we demand He leave us alone?'
    In light of recent events... terrorists attack, school shootings, etc. I think it started when Madeleine Murray O'Hare (she was murdered, her body found a few years ago) complained she didn't want prayer in our schools, and we said OK. Then someone said you better not read the Bible in school. The Bible says thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not steal, and love your neighbor as yourself. And we said OK.
    Then Dr. Benjamin Spock said we shouldn't spank our children when they misbehave because their little personalities would be warped and we might damage their self-esteem (Dr Spock's son committed suicide). We said an expert should know what he's talking about. And we said OK.
    Now we're asking ourselves why our children have no conscience, why they
    don't know right from wrong, and why it doesn't bother them to kill strangers, their classmates, and themselves.
    Probably, if we think about it long and hard enough, we can figure it out. I think it has a great deal to do with 'WE REAP WHAT WE SOW.'
    Funny how simple it is for people to trash God and then wonder why the world's going to hell Funny how we believe what the newspapers say, but question what the Bible says. Funny how you can send 'jokes' through e-mail and they spread like wildfire but when you start sending messages regarding the Lord, people think twice about sharing. Funny how lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene articles pass freely through cyberspace, but public discussion of God is suppressed in the school and workplace.

Are you laughing yet?

Funny how we can be more worried about what other people think of us than what God thinks of us..

Pass it on if you think it has merit. If not then just discard it... no one will know you did. But, if you discard this thought process, don't sit back and complain about what bad shape the world is in.

My Best Regards, Honestly and respectfully,
    Ben Stein
    I Cannot confirm if this is indeed a factual commentary by Ben Stein, but it does touch several issues in my mind, and was very well written. Leaving the religion factor aside, society is so concerned about creating a perfect world by trying to avoid offending anyone, that it has become a total farce and a nightmare. Why is it that political correctness only applies in countries where freedom is not an issue
    My personal opinion, as with every culture we have traditions, in Canada we have a Christmas season, Christmas Trees and Christmas Day.
    It is an individual choice to celebrate the event or not, so if anyone objects to these terms, then do not use them, but if it offends you to the point that you cannot tolerate it, then please find somewhere else to live, because HERE it is a tradition.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.