Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits

Unhappy Disaster! - The Golden Compass Box Office

Box Office Mojo says:

$8,800,000 Friday with $2,494 per theater...

It's disaster! $25-30 M opening weekend, $80 M, maybe (with holidays) $100 M total. Even with great worldwide totals, it won't be sequels...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir01 View Post
    Box Office Mojo says:

$8,800,000 Friday with $2,494 per theater...

It's disaster! $25-30 M opening weekend, $80 M, maybe (with holidays) $100 M total. Even with great worldwide totals, it won't be sequels...
    Yeah, not much, but time will show. We will see.

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    There's no chance. Only 43% good reviews on rottentomatoes means no chance for long legs.

Credits
    $10,208,000 Saturday

$25,847,360 weekend.

This are estimates.

Credits
    Box Office Mojo weekend estimates:

$26,125,000

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir01 View Post
    Even with great worldwide totals, it won't be sequels...
    that would be fun!
    actually what they did with this movie is that they cut out last 20minutes (last 3 chapters of book) and got it ready for second movie (you can actually see some of those scenes in trailer). so n.1 has open ending like hell. and has ready scenes for n.2. but there wont b n.2 - LOL
    that sux. I really like Ian McKellen in it
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    I must wait for Sir Ian until DVD. We have in Poland just one copy with subtitles, others are with dubbing. Second disaster!

I personally think, there will be sequel or even sequels. Even if first one finish domestically with around $80 M, international number will be much better. Production budget is $180 M, so it must reach $360 M worldwide. I think $300 M international is possible.

Credits
    there will be sequels.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    how can you say that for so sure?
    yeah, they do want sequel, but until the first one makes some money, they simply cant make another one imo

Credits
    they already said before the first one was complete that parts 2 n 3 will be done like the books. New Line wants another LotR trilogy I guess thats why in the trailers, they compared it to LotR story level.

I have a feelin Im going to enjoy this movie.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by red bear View Post
    there will be sequels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kn'thrak View Post
    they already said before the first one was complete that parts 2 n 3 will be done like the books. New Line wants another LotR trilogy I guess thats why in the trailers, they compared it to LotR story level.

I hope you have right guys!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Kn'thrak View Post

yes, they said that. and as I said above, they already even shot part of second one. but if it wont make money, they have no reason to do it. you know they make movies for money, right?
    they could simply put the finished scenes on extended cut (dvd), which would make the storyline pretty much closed and wouldnt do any more movies - would make sense if movie doesnt make money..
    I dont say I dont wanna see second and third. first one wasnt bad at all. its just a question of money, not quality

Credits
    $25,783,232

actual first weekend

Credits
    There's a hope for "The Golden Compass".

1st weekend international - $55 M!!

There are big chances for $250 M internationally.

Credits
    Domestic disaster is continued. After 65% drop, second weekend - $9,025,000... Just a little bit better than Eragon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast