Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Hanibal 4

Credits

Question Hanibal 4

http://www.countingdown.com/movies/r...tem_id=2577595

The Star has more details on the script that Anthony Hopkins wrote.

from Dark Horizons:

It seems that 64-year actor Anthony Hopkins wrote a script which would finish up the character once and for all by having Clarice Starling shoot him to death in the final scenes: "I did write a screenplay of my own, just as an exercise, that would follow Hannibal, I showed it to Dino and to my agent and the studio. It's about Hannibal actually out there, after Hannibal. The final denouement. Clarice is having a nervous breakdown and living in San Francisco. Then the nightmares start. She sees him on street corners, and he vanishes in the crowd. Then one night she wakes up in her bedroom and she's handcuffed to her bed, and he's in the corner smoking a cigar, and he says, 'Hello, Clarice...".
    can somebody confirm this ?
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits

Re: Hanibal 4

Originally posted by tisoy
    The Star has more details on the supposed fourth Lecter adventure
    The Star? An UK tabloid? Yeah right ...

Credits

Re: Re: Hanibal 4

She sees him around every corner!?... Sounds too much like the original Halloween or (even worse) Halloween H20.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    *minor spoilers from 'Hannibal' ahead*

I think 'Hannibl' made it pretty clear that he wouldn't bother her again. It gave the impresion that he would just fade into the sunset and not really been heard from again.
    "They took the sky, but we're still flyin..."

Movieman's DVDanswers.com Review Page

Credits
    I saw Hopkins (what a great guy) on Conan last weekend (MSNBC Europe shows the previous week's shows during the weekend) promoting Red Dragon and Conan asked him if he would do another one and he said no way, cause it would be just too greedy. Admitting between the lines that even Red Dragon was a stretch and that he did it mostly for the money. Conan than retorically asked what if they would offer him $50 mil and his own island in Greece... and he laughed and said yeah, than, of course.
    . Uri .

Credits
    Originally posted by dj_spikee
    lol. damn greedy bastards. i would settle for half that amount >=0]
    Yeah, but can you say "I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti. (slurp slurp slurp slurp slurp slurp slurp slurp)" like Hopkins did?

Credits
    What I like about Hopkins is that he's honest about the money. Yes, he enjoys acting a lot - which shows in every part he did for past 10 years - but he also likes the money and he's not affraid to admit it. And why not? If you have oppurtunity to make some nice money, of course you're gonna do it.

Anyway from what I understand Red Dragon was the something he enjoyed doing, not as much as two previous ones, but enough to make it a trilogy. I don't believe he would do another one, cause it gets boring even for the actor.

I didn't enjoy Bad Company very much, but Hopkins was ok - it was a different role for him and I respect that.

Credits
    woot... i think its true..no?

http://www.suntimes.com/output/pearl...r-cindy22.html

Julianne Moore tells the Chicago Sun-Times that she wouldn't mind going back for a second helping in another Hannibal Lecter movie.

"Oh, I would love to be FBI Agent Clarice Starling again," Moore insists.

These days the cannibal himself, Anthony Hopkins, says he's working a script in which Clarice finally catches the meat eater--once and for all. Tell Moore and she's game. "I love Anthony Hopkins. I'd work with him in a second!"

Credits
    Rumors...

There's been so many movie rumors floating around past 10 years, that you honestly never know what will end up in the cinema. Spider-Man movie was in the air for many years, when finally things cleared out. Recently the latest rumor surfaced about Hithhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which has been in development hell since 1997...

So, you never know.

Credits
    i sure hope this won't happen. it's too stupid!! hannibal lector wuz good in silence of the lambs. that's it. 'hannibal' wuz a proof that there can only be one hannibal lector movie. manhunter wuz different cuz it didn't have anthony hopkins. and now red dragon wuz a proof that there really cannot be any more hannibal movies.

i don't care if this movie will or will not be made. i'm not gonna talk bout it or see it. it's gonna end up like halloween. the first and second wuz scary but then it gotten too stupid.
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    Funny you should mention that. Halloween that is. I saw part 8 recently and found it quite watchable and even scary to certain extent. I mean the creators had fun with it and even incorporated internet in a believable way. I liked it more than H20.

Credits
    Originally posted by Squeak1985
    if you disagree feel free to reply
    Squeak1985
    ohh thank you

Gaumont 1978
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits

:big grin:

note: copyrights of the pic - tisoy

Credits
    Saw it finally last night, and I must admit, it's not a bad movie.

In fact, if you think of "Hannibal" and "Red Dragon" as stand-alone movies, they're quite okay. Sure "Hannibal" is gross and both sequals are not in the league of "Silence of the Lambs". But they're still very watchable, unlike all those "Halloween", "Friday the 13th", "Nightmare in Elm Street" (except maybe "The NewNightmare") and "Psycho" sequals which all went down the slash-em-silly path.

I don't know why but when I saw Will Graham got Lector in the beginning of "Red Dragon" I was so very excited about seeing it. It's a weird thing but I reckon I've longed for seeing Lector getting caught ever since "The Silence of the Lambs".

I also found myself liking both versions of Reba - Joan Allen in "Manhunter" and Emily Watson in "Red Dragon". I prefer one over the other at different scenes but in general I like them both.

Philips Seymour Hoffman's sleazy journalist is probably the only thing I don't like. I think the guy who played this role in "Manhunter" is better. Hoffman is more pathetic than scum-bagish.

Ralph Finnes' tooth fairy reminds me of Norman Bates in the "Psycho" sequals, which is not such a good thing. I can't really quite put my finger on his performace.

I almost wish I didn't see "Manhunter" to appreciate more of "Red Dragon", until the final climax. Still I'm gald now I've seen both versions.

And Mr Hopkins... well, it's good to see him playing Lector again, like seeing an old friend again, even though you somehow realised your friend has changed a bit over the years.

But Hannibal 4... well, unless Thomas Harris wrote yet another book and the movie's adapting the book, I don't think so.

Credits

Talking the age difference...

LOL

Uri 1975
    Last edited by Uri; 10-25-2002 at 02:55 AM.