Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: SOLARIS pix

Credits

SOLARIS pix

Release Date: November 27, 2002
    Studio: 20th Century Fox
    Director: Steven Soderbergh
    Screenwriter: Steven Soderbergh
    Starring: George Clooney, Natascha McElhone, Jeremy Davies, Viola Davis, Ulrich Tukur
    Genre: Drama, Romance, Sci-Fi
    Official Website: Solaristhemovie.com
    Plot Summary: "Solaris" is a love story rich with emotion and mystery, set within a science fiction framework. The story, which takes place sometime in the future, opens as Dr. Chris Kelvin is asked to investigate the unexplained behavior of a small group of scientists aboard the space station Prometheus, who have cut off all communication with Earth. Kelvin undertakes the journey after watching a communique from his close friend Gibarian, the mission's commander, who seeks Kelvin's help aboard the Prometheus for reasons Gibarian is unwilling - or unable - to explain. Keenly aware that his opinion will decide the fate of the orbital station, Kelvin is shocked by what he finds upon his arrival: Gibarian has committed suicide and the two remaining scientists are exhibiting signs of extreme stress and paranoia, seemingly caused by the results of their examination of the planet Solaris. Kelvin, too, becomes entrapped in the unique world's mysteries. Solaris, somehow, presents him with a second chance at love - to change the course of a past relationship that has caused him overwhelming guilt and remorse. But can he really revisit and alter the past? Or is he fated to repeat its mistakes?

http://www.solaristhemovie.com/

pix are from official site, they are in flash, so i had to capture them and load them to my server =)

btw, visit the site, some cool info and the site itself it good

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    more

so what u think?

I think it will be a good sci fi movie.... :big grin:

Credits
    It kinda reminds me of 'Event Horizon', but i think this is going to kick a$$!

Credits
    Isn't this movie filmed after the book?
    By Stanislaw Lem?
    If that's the one, then expect the movie to be slow in the beginning but exploding with the storyline at the end. I got surprised at least few times while I was reading it

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Lightbulb

Originally posted by njovan
    Isn't this movie filmed after the book? By Stanislaw Lem?
    yeah, & also remake of this one

Solyaris (1972)
    http://us.imdb.com/Title?0069293

friend got it on DivX, but I not seen it yet. but probably gonna see it before I see this Hollywood remake...

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    BTW I believe I read that it's a remake of a Russian film with the same title and that Criterion is releasing it on DVD soon/already. It does look to have potential.
    "It used to be said that we are what we eat... And then people maybe... a little more fashion conscious would say... 'No, you are what you wear'... Or you are what you read... But we would say in this millenium... You are what you watch..." Peter Gabriel - Growing Up

Credits
    Possible spoilers ahead:

Based on a short story by the Polish sci-fi writer and genius, Stanislaw Lem, Solaris is about a psychologist who is sent to a space station orbiting a water-dominated planet called Solaris to investigate the mysterious death of a doctor, as well as the mental problems plaguing the dwindling number of cosmonauts on the station. Soon, he discovers that Solaris' water is actually a type of "brain," which brings out repressed memories and obsessions within the cosmonauts on the space station.
    another plot summary:
    The Solaris mission has established a base on a planet that appears to host some kind of intelligence, but the details are hazy and very secret. After the mysterious demise of one of the three scientists on the base, the main character is sent out to replace him. He finds the station run-down and the two remaining scientists cold and secretive. When he also encounters his wife who has been dead for seven years, he begins to appreciate the baffling nature of the alien intelligence.
    and another one:
    This film probes man's thoughts and conscience, as it follows a psychologist who is sent to a space station situated over the mysterious Solaris Ocean. The two other scientists there tell the psychologist of strange occurrences in the station, and the Ocean's eerie ability to materialize their thoughts. After being in the station for a while, the psychologist finds himself becoming very attached to it's alternate reality...

Credits
    Well, duh, it's a remake. What isn't? The Ring, Insomnia...etc. It's the remake of Andrei Tarkovsky's Solaris. Which I suggest seeing.
    At the center of the world there is a statue of a girl. She is standing near a well with a bucket bare and dry. I went and looked her in the eyes and she turned me into sand. This clumsy form that I despise scattered easy in her hands. And it came to rest upon a beach, with a million others there. We sat and waited for the sea to stretch out so that we could disappear into the endlessness of blue, into the horror of the truth. We are far less than we knew.

Yes, we are far less than we knew.

Credits
    Tarkovsky's masterpiece...

Credits
    i thought james cameron's directing this? huh thats weird. the pics were cool but i wish it somebody else except george clooney. he's not that great an actor.
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."