Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits

Lightbulb DOSBox

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    I use a Program called DOSBox (An open source DOS emulator for BeOS, Linux, Mac OS X, OS/2, and Windows) to run all old games. It's really easy to use, drag and drop the .EXE of the game onto it and it'll run automatically. Also it can be used like traditonal DOS with all the old commands if you can remember them

http://www.dosbox.com/...

lol, THANKS A LOT Harvey Just what I need!

Try always to promote software of this kind here if you can

Question: I use Ubuntu (I will install another distro if I buy a new HDD). Do you think that the Fedora package will work on Ubuntu 6.04?

...I've been using the Abadoina website as well for the last 3 or so years. There are some classic titles on there so it's well worth a look...
    I will do that

...I'm a big fan of the old point and click adventures and they just don't make them anymore. Games like Gabriel Knight, Darkseed series, Lure of the Temptress, Beneath a Steel Sky, Monkey Island series, The Dig, King's Quest series, Full Throttle, Discworld and Grim Fandango.
    You are right, Harvey

Credits

"It Came From The Desert!"

Last edited by jmcc; 03-30-2008 at 04:16 PM. Reason: To add the Wikipedia link

Credits

"Strife"

Strife available:

Remember Doom? Of course you do. Strife is the last game to be made using the Doom3D engine, but unlike other FPS's there is more to this game than what meets the eye. The game was made in 1996 by Velocity and it combines great action with a great story and playability.

In a far future an organization named "The Order" has taken complete control of the world. Plagues, famine, wars and other disasters have followed in the steps of this organization and a Rebel Group has been formed against the oppressive rulers. This is were you come in.

Quote from the manual:
    "You are a wandering mercenary, led to the small town of Tarnhill by rumors of conflict between The Order, a well-equipped religious dictatorship, and The Front, the rag tag resistance movement. While searching for The Front you decided to take a brief rest somewhere that you thought was safe. The Order acolytes have been rounding up all suspicious characters in the area. Yes, you happen to be one of them. What they didn't expect, though, is the knife you keep concealed for situations just like this one..."

Unlike other shooters out there this one really offers you a deep and dark story. But the story is not the best aspect in the game! The character build up, freedom, and interaction with NPC's is what makes this game so unique. In many ways Strife is an RPG with guns. You will be able to increase your Stamina and Accuracy stats during playtime, and these will improve your overall performance. All in all a brilliant idea, that really showed that FPS's are more than just mindless fighting. Strife teaches you to use Stealth, Subterfuge and not to kill openly. You will also control the story of the game by talking to NPC's. These will give you info, weapons, items, missions, secrets and more. You can choose different answers to their requests, with different outcome.
    This game on Wikipedia

Strife box cover, from Wikipedia

Credits

"Beneath a Steel Sky"

Credits

"Big Red Adventure"

j7wild Guest

Exclamation

thanks everyone, I got the Hind Game!!

Hope it works on XP!!

Credits
    To play old games I use one of my old PC's. That is the reason why I keep them. Old DOS games I play under the original DOS.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Haazhel_Thorn View Post
    To play old games I use one of my old PC's. That is the reason why I keep them. Old DOS games I play under the original DOS.
    Very good idea

Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    thanks everyone, I got the Hind Game!!

Hope it works on XP!!

yw

Please tell us how it works

Credits
    It give me the taste to play old sierra PC dos games:

Phantasmagoria:

Phantasmagoria 2:

Gabriel Knight 2:

This is so a problem install them on XP, but there are patches around the web...
    *´¨)
    ¸.~´¸.~*´¨) ¸.~*¨)
    (¸.~´ (¸.~´ `(•.°)~
    My Listology profile

Credits
    I also recommend DosBox... fantastic program.
    Just drag the exe file onto the DosBox icon and your game goes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12