Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Big Buck Bunny

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits

Big Buck Bunny

Big Buck Bunny has been released.

The Trailer can be downloaded from this page (several direct links listed): http://www.bigbuckbunny.org/index.php/trailer-page/

The actual movie can be downloaded from this page: http://www.bigbuckbunny.org/index.php/download/

As a follow-up to the successful project Orange’s “Elephants Dream”, the Blender Foundation initiated another open movie project. Again a small team (7) of the best 3D artists and developers in the Blender community have been invited to come together to work in Amsterdam from October 2007 until April 2008 on completing a short 3D animation movie. The team members will get a great studio facility and housing in Amsterdam, all travel costs reimbursed, and a fee sufficient to cover all expenses during the period.

The creative concept of “Peach” was completely different as for “Orange”. This time it is “funny and furry”!

The Blender Foundation and Blender community have been the main financiers for Peach. As for the previous open movie, a pre-sale campaign to purchase the DVD set in advance will be organized.

Additional support from sponsors and subsidy funds has been realized as well.

Peach also was the first Open Project hosted by the new Blender Institute in Amsterdam. This will make the project more independent, without much involvement of production partners, and also will ensure continuity.
    Basically, this is a short movie created entirely using free and open-source software that is available for anyone. In addition, the files they used to create the movie are (or will be shortly) available so people can make their own variations of the movie.

The main program behind this movie is Blender, a 3D animation program that runs on Windows, Linux, and Mac.

Visually, their last film, Elephants Dream, was impressive. From a story/plot standpoint, however, Elephants Dream made no sense whatsoever. I am still downloading this movie, so I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Again, it looks really good, but I don't know what the story is like.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    Big thanks for the infos and links.

Credits
    Here is the movie "Big Buck Bunny" in it's entirety on YouTube, although higher resolution downloads are available from the link in my first post.

This was a very enjoyable short, and very funny.

Credits
    Thank you so much for this post. I loved the movie! And so did my grandaughter it was cute.