Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

No email notifications

I haven't gotten any email notifications about posts to threads I am subscribed to for the last few days. Unfortunately, I can't tell you when I stopped getting them because I really didn't notice until I went on the forum Monday night and saw a bunch of threads that I subscribe to that had new posts, but I wasn't notified. I figured I would give it a few days before I said anything, in case it cleared itself up, but it hasn't.

I also got a private message yesterday but wasn't notified. I confirmed I'm still set up to receive email notifications in my profile.

This isn't a huge problem, and I have confirmed that my email still works. I just find it a tad strange and felt it was worth mentioning.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    Corfy, actually your problem is also the same as mine, see my post HERE, it's the thread just below yours,
    Problem appears to have started on Sunday.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    First thing... please double-check your Spam folder to make sure notifications haven't gone in there.

Credits
    JP that's easy, I dont have one, absolutely no restrictions on Emails.
    Now, today the problems accessing the site seem to have corrected itself , but was still very much apparent yesterday, regardless still no Email notification though.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post
    Corfy, actually your problem is also the same as mine, see my post HERE, it's the thread just below yours,
    Problem appears to have started on Sunday.
    Sorry... I saw the part about not being able to get to the main site (which didn't plague me), but I missed the part about the email.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Pierre Bazinet View Post
    First thing... please double-check your Spam folder to make sure notifications haven't gone in there.
    Check and Check. Through a long story that is too complicated to explain but makes perfect sense to me, I have all my emails going to two computers. Neither computer has had an email notification from ML in days, and I have checked the spam filters on both machines.

Credits
    We just upgraded the forum and hopefully that will take care of whatever the problem was.
    I subscribed to this thread, and did receive an email when it was updated.

Credits
    JP, just to keep you updated, still no Emails

Credits
    I know this is a dumb question... but have you checked your profile to make sure your email is correct?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Pierre Bazinet View Post
    I know this is a dumb question... but have you checked your profile to make sure your email is correct?
    Yes, I did. I copied and pasted the email address into my work email account and sent the email, and it came right through.

I thought I would try to switch my email address to another account just to see if it was something in my email provider, but when I put in my Yahoo address, it told me I couldn't use free email accounts (like Yahoo and Gmail). Since I don't want to use my work account for this, I don't have any other emails I can use. I mean, I could switch to a different address using the same provider, but I don't think that would help any.

j7wild Guest
    I have a similar problem...

I am still waiting for emails from a couple of GG Girls asking me to marry them!!

That function doesn't seem to be working correctly...

Credits
    Hi JP,

Ok here is the latest, the Emails started coming in slowly but surely dating back to about last Sunday or so.

So unless something special was found, or done on your end, this is what I did:

I re-entered my Email address, even though it looked OK, mine had a couple of caps in it, I dont know if it had something to do with it or not, or simply that even though it displayed fine, it still could have been corrupted.
    Problem is, as you know, once the Email is re-entered a confirmation message is sent out to re-activate your account, but since you dont get any Emails, effectively you are locked out, and the account needs to be re-activated from your side.

Anyway, my account appears to work fine now.

Credits
    I just logged in today for the first time and had 54 messages from ML waiting for me, the oldest from June 7, but most of them from Sunday on.

Credits
    Is that good?
    Does that mean emails have started again?

Credits
    Considering I just got an email saying that you had replied to this thread, I would say that yes, it is working again. Thanks.

Credits
    I'm all caught up, so yes, Email working for me as well. Any Idea what caused it JP ??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast