Thanks Thanks:  8
    Credits

bon cop bad cop

My movie posters and standees collection : click here to see my collection

Credits
    I don't know. I think the movie is bilingual.
    *´¨)
    ¸.~´¸.~*´¨) ¸.~*¨)
    (¸.~´ (¸.~´ `(•.°)~
    My Listology profile

Credits
    there IS an english trailer (well, more english, and then english subtitles where there is french) I saw it attached to Clerks II last night.

Movie looks funny, and the fact that it's a buddy cop movie that hasn't really been attempted before. Quebec and Ontario police working together.

I guess this is a uniquely Canadian film.

For everyone from around the world, very basically, Ontario is predominatly english speaking and Quebec (one provience to the east) is mostly french speaking. There tends to be a bit of tention between the two. espically with hockey (the Montreal Canadians and Toronto Maple Leafs are pretty big rivals.)

The english trailer looks like there would be a bit of a focus on hockey.

Credits
    I think you're right, that it's going to be a walking cliche. But with the uniquely Canadian spin on it, it should do well in Canada.

I mean, we've all seen a buddy cop movie. The by the book white cop is paired with the improvising and maybe a little rash black cop. 100 times. Or sometimes they're paired with a dog. Or it's Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan.

This time the language and culture gap is at least something that hasn't been done before. (I think?)

Credits
    A little off topic, but I was wondering...

Is "cop" the most common term in Quebec? I am here in paris (about to return to the US in a matter of hours), and both this time and when I was in Aix/marseille in the fall, it seems that "flic" is more popular. Is it b/c this is a half-french/english movie perhaps? Just wondering...

thanks!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWart
    A little off topic, but I was wondering...
    Is "cop" the most common term in Quebec? I am here in paris (about to return to the US in a matter of hours), and both this time and when I was in Aix/marseille in the fall, it seems that "flic" is more popular. Is it b/c this is a half-french/english movie perhaps? Just wondering...
    thanks!
    "flic"/"beu"/"police" is more popular in Quebec than "cop". "La police" is the more popular in Quebec.
    There is a very popular song in the '80, "Bonjour, la police" by RBO, which parody cop.

For the title, I think they use "cop" because of the word game, so the title can be understand by both french/english canadians.

By the way french from France and french from Quebec had different popular terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus (from ONTARIO)
    I mean, we've all seen a buddy cop movie. The by the book white cop is paired with the improvising and maybe a little rash black cop. 100 times. Or sometimes they're paired with a dog. Or it's Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan.
    So it will be "the improvising and maybe a little rash/dog" guy from Quebec. Screw you Ontario!?%**"!

Credits
    Another, longer trailer (still french)

http://www.lecinema.ca/media/bon_cop_haute.mov

Credits
    I think this is the same link than the first post.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Nance (FROM QUEBEC ;))
    So it will be "the improvising and maybe a little rash/dog" guy from Quebec. Screw you Ontario!?%**"!
    hahah come on - you know what I mean. And besides. These movies would be nothing without the cop that does things his own way and breaks the rules.

And they damn well better poke fun at Ontario, there's tons here to make fun of

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Nance
    I think this is the same link than the first post.
    Woops... wrong links. Here it is:
    http://media.cinoche.com/bandesannon...inoche_480.mov

Credits

english trailer...

the english trailer for bon cop, bad cop...
    http://www.allianceatlantisfilms.com...cinemas/73?m=1

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by paddyosmith
    the english trailer for bon cop, bad cop...
    http://www.allianceatlantisfilms.com...cinemas/73?m=1
    Can someone can found the direct link? Or Rip it?
    The only thing I can found is (Which is still the stream link...):
    http://www.allianceatlantisfilms.com...tle_boncop.swf (open a new window to see it)

Credits

Bon Cop, Bad Cop (Colm Feore, Patrick Huard, Pierre Lebeau, Lucie Laurier)

Yes I know, this is not new, but I just had to post it, Even though you probably have to be either from Quebec or Ontario to fully get the humour, it has to be one of the funniest Canadian movies ever made.

The Film

When a crime is committed on the border of Quebec and Ontario, everyone is forced to come together, whether they want to or not. As the investigation gets underway, we meet David Boucher (Patrick Huard) and Martin Ward (Colm Feore), members of their respective provincial police forces who are forced to work together. The two men couldn't be more different. In fact, the only thing they appear to have in common is that they are both cops, albeit cops with totally different styles.

The Official Site

None

IMDB

Bon Cop, Bad Cop

Trailer(s)

QT Trailer 480x360 (17.2 Mb)
    QT Trailer 320x180 (8.6 Mb)
    WMV Trailer 480x360 (17.0 Mb)
    WMV Trailer 320x180 (8.3 Mb)

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits

Credits
    My bad, I did do a search prior to posting and it came out with nothing, would someone be kind enough to merge the threads please