Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Lightbulb openSuSE 11.0 launched

Go to opensuse.org, choose your language and learn more about it.

openSuSE is one of the Linux distributions with the highest number of packages....

Read also the Wikipedia article.

openSuSE is sponsored by Novell and AMD.

Credits
    I have considered trying openSuSE, but I haven't had the time to give it the trial it deserves. So far, the only distros I have tried are Debian, Ubuntu (and variants Kubuntu and Xubuntu), and Fedora (unless you count LiveCDs, which would add Knoppix, SAM and Freespire).
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    I'm going to install it on my next HDD, which I will buy on the upcoming weeks

When I installed my Ubuntu I also had the Fedora Core and openSuSE DVDs, but finally choose Ubuntu thanks to its ranking at the time (most installed distro if my memory is right) and your comments, corfy

Credits
    I had problems when I tried installing Fedora on my system. It just didn't want to work right. Of course, that was a few versions ago (Fedora 5, I think). Things might have changed since then, and of course, I have a new system now.

Somewhere, I have a Novell SUSE Enterprise install DVD, but that is a paid version of Linux. It has a 30-day trial version or something, but I wasn't interested in only working with it for 30 days, and I didn't want to pay for it, but then, I'm not an enterprise.