Some days ago I installed openSuSE 11.0 on the new 160 GB HDD on my PC. Installation was easy.

Every hardware was detected and recognized, as far as I know. The only thing I don't see is the multicard reader, unless it needs to have a memory card to mount it first in order to show it on the system (I will try it in these days).

A thing that surprised me was that during installation, it was recommended to me to use the Ubuntu swap partition instead of creating a new one. I consulted that on a Linux e-mail list and people there advised me to follow that. They also told me, after the installation, that I should have used the /home of Ubuntu too, for openSuSE, so I will have to distros with the same home. On a FreeBSD list I have been told to not do that

Now I want to access the contents of the files I have on the Ubuntu disk and viceversa. I don't know to do that.

I didn't installed FreeBSD because I find it a bit complicated and didn't want to study it now. Also I needed the new disc space...

I like Ubuntu system fonts better than the ones in openSuSE 11.0.

Another thing I don't like on openSuSE is that when I delete the files on a flashdrive (an order that Ubuntu does in a second), it instead MOVE the files to the recycle bin Imagine that on a 2 GB flashdrives...

As usual, I need to install things like VLC and XMMS in order to play video and audio files (that's what I'm doing now)...