Thanks Thanks:  7
    Credits

Red (Brian Cox, Tom Sizemore, Robert Englund, Amanda Plummer, Kim Dickens)

The Film

Based on a novel by Jack Ketchum, Red stars Brian Cox as semi-retired store owner Avery Ludlow, who seeks justice against three local teens when one of them (Noel Fisher from "The Riches" as Danny) kills his dog, Red, for no reason. Unfortunately it turns out that Danny's father (a slimmed-down Tom Sizemore, still playing bastards) is local bigwig Michael McCormack, so justice looks unlikely. However, things quickly get out of hand after a local TV reporter (Kim Dickens) does a news story on Avery, angering McCormack and kicking off a full-scale feud. And things get infintely worse when Avery eventually decides to take matters into his own hands.

The Official Site

Magnolia Pictures

IMDB

Red

Trailer(s)

FLV Trailer (8.1Mb)

QT Trailers including HD can be found in the Apple Trailer thread HERE

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    IGN Encode of Red Band Trailer

QT Trailer 640x360 (77.1 MB) ** MediaFire
    WMV Trailer 640x360 (60.6 MB) ** MediaFire
    FLV Trailer (51.2Mb) ** MediaFire

j7wild Guest
    this movie supposedly (according to Fandango and IMDB) opened in the USA on August 8th, I can't find anyone playing it and I don't remember seeing it anywhere - I check every Friday to see what movie opened at multi-plex and art theaters and I don't remember ever seeing this listed.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    this movie supposedly (according to Fandango and IMDB) opened in the USA on August 8th, I can't find anyone playing it and I don't remember seeing it anywhere - I check every Friday to see what movie opened at multi-plex and art theaters and I don't remember ever seeing this listed.
    Just ran into this, it appears that RED is part of the After Dark Film Fest, and so is REPO.

Source Quiet Earth
    RED! REPO! GORE! Toronto After Dark Film Fest announces first wave of '08 titles
    Posted on Wednesday, August 27th, 2008 23:14:01 GMT by: agentorange
    Posted under: movie trailer news horror film festival
    Awe yeah baby. Our good pal, and fellow film fanatic, Adam Lopez, aka. organizer of the world famous Toronto After Dark Film Fest (TAD to its friends), has just announced the first round of titles for this year's event. So far the titles represent a perfect mix of award wining international faves and outright over-the-top cult crazies; and I for one am loving it. First on the menu is Repo! The Genetic Opera, Darren Lynn Bousman's zany scifi horror musical hybrid. It might be the only film that stars Paris Hilton that I'd venture to see. Next on the line-up is everyone's favorite gorefest, Tokyo Gore Police. Then there's the celebrated, Tribeca winning Vampire flick Let the Right One In which Cyberhal reviewed and loved. Then they've got revenge thriller Red starring Brian Cox. Animation is also getting some love this year with Bill Plympton's amazing Idiots & Angels taking center stage. Ernesto Espinoza's Chilean superhero Mirageman is making its Toronto debut along with Steven Goldmann's fan favorite Trailer Park of Terror. And let's not forget one of QE's picks, Who is KK Downey? So far, this year at TAD looks to be a stunner. This is great first announcement.