Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Federal Election

I ment to post this earlier but forgot! Today is election day. If you haven't already voted, polls are still open for another hour or so except in the Maritimes.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    So it looks like yet another minority government.

All this means is we'll be going back to the polls sooner than we should be.

Credits
    Time for the Liberals to say Bye Bye Dion!
    Anyone else impressed with the NDP's results?
    Sgt. Johnny Beaufort: He says, "The Apaches are a great race," sir. "They've never been conquered. But it is not well for a nation to be always at war. The young men die... the women sing sad songs... and the old ones are hungry in the winter."
    Fort Apache

Credits
    As much as I despise Jack Layton, I must admit he ran a good campaign and they gained seats. I don't think Dion was ever the right choice to lead the Liberals. He was a great Minister and is a very intelligent man, just not a leader. He never came across as being very strong. What was Elizabeth May thinking running against Peter McKay? She should have picked a riding she stood a chance in.

j7wild Guest
    Is Canada electing a new President too?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post

Actually we already did , but we gave him a short term because we knew Bush would become available soon. We figure we could also use someone like Bush who can drive the economy of a country down the crapper.
    Last edited by jacques1400; 10-15-2008 at 07:18 PM.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chernabog_ca View Post
    As much as I despise Jack Layton, I must admit he ran a good campaign and they gained seats. I don't think Dion was ever the right choice to lead the Liberals. He was a great Minister and is a very intelligent man, just not a leader. He never came across as being very strong. What was Elizabeth May thinking running against Peter McKay? She should have picked a riding she stood a chance in.
    Layton just got good standings because of the "ABC's", Anything But Conservative who did not want to throw their vote, but I will admit he did better than Dion by having a clear plan, rather than a bullshit let's get something together quick and mindboggle the people with something to save the environment by taxing people while they are unemployed or struggling to make ends meet. Let's face it, even if Dion were to step down, you would get very few people from Ontario to vote Liberal with Rae as a leader, so that does not leave much choice. And I do have to admit that even though Harper has faults, he actually managed to do something no other party ever did before, rule a minority goverment for the longest time on record.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post

We have a Prime Minister, not a President!

Credits
    I'm not a political person and did not vote in this farce (I have my reasons) but from what I seen on the news and what not it was just a big waste of time and money.