Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Red Sonja (2009 - Rose McGowan)

I'm so looking forward to this one. Rose McGowan should be a great choice for the role.

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.redsonja.net/htmlfiles/

Robert Rodriguez greeted fans at the San Diego Comic-Con and offered a first look at the upcoming Red Sonja feature, set to star Rose McGowan as the red-haired Robert E. Howard heroine. Though no footage has been shot, a lot of promotional images have already been prepared and were revealed for the first time, depicting McGowan in the classic chainmail bikini, one of which has been prepared as a mini-poster that will be distributed to fans right after the panel.

Rodriguez recalled his love for Howard's characters, pinpointing the specific "Savage Sword of Conan" issue #60 as the moment he fell in love with the world of Cimmeria. He had been trying to get Red Sonja on the big screen for years and, coincidentally, the script came across McGowan's desk at exactly the right time.

Because of his commitments, Rodriguez wasn't able to direct "Sonja" and instead offered up the reins to his friend, Douglas Aarniokoski. He did promise that he'll be extremely hands-on as a producer to the extent that it'll basically be unofficial co-directing.

The big news from Rodriguez is that he's in early talks to produce the upcoming Conan film as well, cementing the filmic universe. With that, "Sonja" and Thulsa Doom all coming in the next few years, Robert E. Howard fans should be very happy.
    Red Sonja (2009)@IMDb

Posters:

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Lafce View Post
    I'm so looking forward to this one. Rose McGowan should be a great choice for the role.
    I couldn't disagree with you more, Red Sonja is the archetypical amazon warrior woman, the "She-devil with a sword". And what's the first thing that comes to mind when you think of "amazons"...tall women. If you gonna cast someone who needs to get that across then don't hire someone who's barely 5' 4" (1m63), even smaller according to other sources. That's quit a difference compared to Brigitte Nielsens 6' 1" (1m85) who played Red Sonja in the 1985 movie (and you don't need to tell me that movie sucked...I know).
    When you need to portray a strong female character you use a tall actrice...do you think Sigourney Weaver would have been as convincing in her role as Ripley if she only was like 5' 4" instead of 5' 11".
    Why do you think McGowan is such a "great" choice for that role?
    I'm a mog, half man, half dog, I am my own best friend.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Well, about the height, I must admit that I was unaware the she's (only) 5'4" - although I'm not sure that it would have changed my opinion. I like her first of all because I like her in general, she has a great body, she can be tough and wild and just looks great in action sequences... Again, her height can be a minus (and I'm sure it won't be hard for the director to deal with it), but I don't see other things that go against her.

j7wild Guest

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    I couldn't disagree with you more, Red Sonja is the archetypical amazon warrior woman, the "She-devil with a sword". And what's the first thing that comes to mind when you think of "amazons"...tall women. If you gonna cast someone who needs to get that across then don't hire someone who's barely 5' 4" (1m63), even smaller according to other sources. That's quit a difference compared to Brigitte Nielsens 6' 1" (1m85) who played Red Sonja in the 1985 movie (and you don't need to tell me that movie sucked...I know).
    When you need to portray a strong female character you use a tall actrice...do you think Sigourney Weaver would have been as convincing in her role as Ripley if she only was like 5' 4" instead of 5' 11".
    dang I was gonna say the same thing....

Rose is only getting the role because Rodriguez is thinking with his small head instead of his big head

Credits
    To put things in perspective, according to imdb Marylin Manson is 6' 1", the same height as the 1985 Red Sonja.

Credits
    I'm looking forward to this movie as well. I hated the original. I'm a big fan of Robert Rodriguez's movies and after Planet Terror, I'm convinced Rose MaGowen can play the action star role. She is sexy as all hell and I think the way movies are shot today the issue of her height will be non existent.

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by purple View Post
    Surely there are plenty of supermodels who can act?
    LOL.... isn't that an oxymoron? most supermodels don't even kow what it's like to be human, let alone act like one.

and don't call me Shirley.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    thats great news, hope its better than the old 1

Credits

Credits
    I hope it will be as good as this poster

Credits
    dat poster reminds me of Nariko from Heavenly Sword