Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Max Payne

Credits

Max Payne

Worth it or not?

Credits
    Depends on what you are looking for, if non-stop action is your thing, this is not it.
    I liked it because of it's faithfulness to the game storyline and action sequences.
    If you are a gamer, then you will know what I'm talking about. Overall it's not a bad movie, worth seeing on DVD, but my expectations were higher than the actual delivery.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Ill be watching it soon but I heard its very bad if ur a fan of the games. But generally a good action movie. Will know in the next month or so!
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by moviefanatic View Post
    Worth it or not?
    Not. There's nothing in this movie.

Credits
    Gamers will appreciate the climate/ambience of the Noir York. It's dark, snowy and full of junkies, prostitutes, and other dangerous people. Mark Wahlberg as Max Payne was OK, but Mila Kunis and Amaury Nolasco were not. Bullet Time was misused. I was glad, that the monsters from the trailer weren't real. Overall it was OK, for a game adaptation. I've seen worse. Much worse.

Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hatred leads to power.

Credits
    Has anyone even played this game? The movie was almost a complete opposite of the game, and practically changed everything. There were no valkyrie's and angels and stuff in the game, just adding that turned the movie into a wannabe Constantine spin off. This movie was an utter discgrace to the game.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by legolasfan411 View Post
    Has anyone even played this game? The movie was almost a complete opposite of the game, and practically changed everything. There were no valkyrie's and angels and stuff in the game, just adding that turned the movie into a wannabe Constantine spin off. This movie was an utter discgrace to the game.
    Agreed, it was not an exact duplicate of the game, but I would not go as far as to say that it was a disgrace. The atmosphere, basic plot, and look of the game was there, after all it is a movie version, so they need to make it a little more entertaining and visual. I dont think the audience would have appreciated a 5 minute session of the "blood Line". I actually still go back and play the game occasionally (When I'm not posting on ML ), but I do believe this is one of the better game adaptations to reach the big screen, think DOOM and you will know what I mean.

Credits
    ^ I have to give you that much^ I still gotta give Doom some credit, the First Person scene was pretty amazing and has never really been tried before

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by legolasfan411 View Post
    ^ I have to give you that much^ I still gotta give Doom some credit, the First Person scene was pretty amazing and has never really been tried before
    Agreed, and I found Doom entertaining as well, but below my expectations. But this discussion belongs in the DOOM thread.