Thanks Thanks:  0
    j7wild Guest

Red face Centurion (Olga Kurylenko, Neil Marshall)

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt1020558/

Director Neil Marshall must have some obsession that mixes Great Britain and dangerous tribes. Indeed the director who brought us Doomsday is once again making a movie taking place over there, and of course there is a fierce tribe in the plot. The film, titled Centurion, is set in Britain in AD 117 and is about a bunch of Roman soldiers determined to wiped out the Picts, a defiant local tribe.

Centurion is directed by by Neil Marshall based on a script he wrote. The film is starring Michael Fassbender, Dominic West and Olga Kurylenko. It should be released end of 2009.

Here below a first look at Olga Kurylenko as Etain, a savage-looking Pict warrior woman:

Olga Kurylenko talking about her role in Centurion:

“Etain is quite furious. Because one sense is not there – she can’t speak – all the others are more developed. She sees very well and hears very well: she is an animal!”

Plot:
    “The British-set sword and sandals thriller, set during the Roman invasion of Britain in AD 117, details the story of Quintus Dias, sole survivor of a Pictish raid on a Roman frontier fort, who marches north with General Virilus’ legendary Ninth Legion, under orders to wipe the Picts from the face of the earth and destroy their leader Gorlacon.” (Source: Coming Soon)

This could be an exciting movie if done well. Let’s hope that Neil Marshall will really exploit the historical setting of the movie and that he will focus on the plot a bit more than he did in Doomsday. I mean a Roman legion battling against savages should not boil down to a bloody carnage (we need this too though!), I hope he will take time to introduce some historical facts.

on the set:

Credits
    looks n even sounds like King Arthur. .... n i loved it so will be watching this!
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

j7wild Guest
    with Neil Marshall directing, I have to presume it's going to be rated R which means Olga will have to do her mandatory nude scenes

j7wild Guest

Cool

Olga in Centurion press stills

j7wild Guest
    Olga Kurylenko in new "Centurion" movie posters:

Credits
    I´ll watch that next friday !