Thanks Thanks:  9
    Credits

Fifty Dead Men Walking (Ben Kingsley, Jim Sturgess, Kevin Zegers, Rose McGowan)

The Film

Jim Sturgess (dynamic in last year's Across the Universe) turns in a star-making performance opposite Ben Kingsley in Fifty Dead Men Walking, a sweeping political thriller that gives a face to what Northern Ireland wryly calls “the Troubles.” Directed by Kari Skogland with grit, precision and a focus on the human drama, this widescreen story highlights the personal toll wrought by the larger civil conflict. Martin (Sturgess) is a small-time Belfast hustler working in the late eighties. Part of a tight group of mates, he's more concerned with regular pub attendance and easing his way through British military checkpoints than with the reasons the checkpoints stand there in the first place.

As such, he makes a prime target for British intelligence. Recruited by a complex, wily agent (Kingsley), Martin starts feeding information about Irish Republican Army activities to the British. With every success, he intensifies the danger posed to himself and his family. The IRA is shown to be ruthless in its retribution; once an infiltrator has been found out, he becomes a “dead man walking.”

With full encouragement from the British military, Martin winds himself into an impossible position. His girlfriend (Nathalie Press) pleads with him to come clean about his covert status, understandably terrified of what such dirty work could mean for their safety. But Martin is already in far deeper than he can manage, and the grip of his relationship with Kingsley's agent is both hard to shake and secretly comforting.

The real Martin McGartland claims that the information he passed to the British saved at least fifty lives. He is still in hiding.

The Official Site

Fifty Dead Men Walking (uk)

IMDB

Fifty Dead Men Walking

Trailer(s_

QT International UK Trailer 480X270 (37.2Mb)
    QT International UK Trailer 384X216 (47.0Mb)
    QT International UK Trailer 250X141 (36.9Mb)

WMV International UK Trailer 448X252 (16.9Mb)
    WMV International UK Trailer 384X216 (14.1Mb)
    WMV International UK Trailer 250X140 (8.4Mb)

**Note: More Rose McGowan HERE in the Babes Thread.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits

Thumbs up New Jim Sturgess Fansite

Hello all, I'm a brand new member of the forum. I wanted to invite you to a new website: Jim Sturgess Online.com

Take a look at our great Filmography page on Fifty Dead Men Walking, as well as the FDMW Videos we have.

I hope you enjoy this website and visit often. Thanks!! FG / Diane

Credits
    QT Encodes of Domestic Trailer Available HERE at Apple, no Direct Links.

Taking a quick look, apart from the Studio Card, looks the same as the International version.

FLV Domestic Trailer 405X234 (10.7Mb)