Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Green Lantern

Credits

Green Lantern

From the Hollywood Reporter.com

SYDNEY -- Warner Bros. and DC Comics' next big-budget feature, "Green Lantern," will be made at Fox Studios Australia in Sydney, New South Wales Premier Nathan Rees said Thursday.

Director Martin Campbell will be at the helm of the comic book's big-screen adaptation, working from a script by Greg Berlanti and Michael Green. Donald Deline will produce with a reported budget of $150 million.

Rees said the film will create about 500 jobs and include a "substantial investment" in digital effects work in Australia.

"Green Lantern" should be eligible to receive the Australian federal government's 15% location rebate on top of the incentives supplied by the New South Wales government to bring the project to Fox. New South Wales outbid interstate rivals Victoria and Queensland for the work.

"The decision by Warner Bros. to locate the production in New South Wales is tangible evidence that having a competitive incentive scheme in place returns positive results," Fox Studios Australia CEO Nancy Romano said.

The project is the latest film also to be attracted by the decline in the value of the Australian dollar.

"Green Lantern" is the third Warner Bros.-backed feature being made in New South Wales. "Happy Feet 2" is in development there, and "Guardians of Ga'Hoole" is in production by Animal Logic.

Preproduction on "Green Lantern" is set to begin in July, and filming is scheduled to start in November. Warners is aiming to release the film in December 2010.

Credits
    that's interesting. i know the GL animated film is coming out soon (well, sometime this year) ... and it's about Hal Jordan becoming the GL. i wonder what take they will use on the live action film ??
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    Green Lantern is one of my favorite comic book characters. Both Hal And Kyle. I wouldn't mind seeing either version in a movie. Or maybe even both.
    Homer Simpson: "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."

Credits
    isnt the weakness of GL anything thats yellow? So u can kill anyone of them with a bananna
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Kn'thrak View Post
    isnt the weakness of GL anything thats yellow? So u can kill anyone of them with a bananna
    LOL, now that's funny, here's your weapon , but for a long range, you can just chug down a keg, and urinate your way to safety.
    Did'nt realize that beer could be used against superheros.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    LOL to all of the above. I hope this movie is about the Hal Jordan GL. I'm really excited about this. In most of the novels they have called GL "The most powerful of all the Justice League", Because of the infinite possibilies of the ring. I hope this doesn't get screwed up.

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    With a $150 Million dollar budget it should be great, anyone know of any rumors of who'll star in it? I know Brian Austin Green is lobbying very hard to get the role and he said he'll make a perfect GL. He actually made a comparison to Robert Downey Jr. and Iron Man. About how no one thought that Downey Jr would make a great Iron Man. The thing is Robert knows how to act real good and is actually an A actor, the same can not be said for Brian because what did he do besides 90210.
    Agreed I HOPE THEY DON'T GET BRIAN AUSTIN GREEN FOR THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!! Maybe a no name actor wood be best.

Credits
    The latest rumour is that Bradley Cooper is the front runner to play Hal Jordan.

Chris Pine was also rumoured, but his agent debunked that rumour.

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    6 months later...

New release date: 6/17/11

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by goodasgold View Post
    The latest rumour is that Bradley Cooper is the front runner to play Hal Jordan.

Chris Pine was also rumoured, but his agent debunked that rumour.
    hmmm....seems Cooper is denying being in the running for Green Lantern. Looks like he might be in the A-team movie instead. Or he could still do both.

Cooper debunks rumour

Credits
    I expect with Martin Campbell at the helm we'll be seeing some pretty amazing visual effects. ...

Credits
    The latest rumour has the Hal Jordan role narrowed to these three: Justin Timberlake, Bradley Cooper and Ryan Reynolds.

I say a big no for Timberlake. His voice is too pip squeak. The other two could be pretty good as GL.

Credits
    Looks like Ryan Reynolds was cast as GL.

New GL

Credits
    Great news, it's a sure thing to kill a franchise. Man he's the the Shia LeBeof of superhero movies. He's in everything.

Credits
    GREEN LANTERN Begins Filming Tomorrow in New Orleans

http://www.collider.com/2010/03/14/g...n-new-orleans/

Tomorrow marks the first official day of filming for director Martin Campell’s long-awaited 3D Green Lantern, starring Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan and Mark Strong as Sinestro. The film has been in pre-production in New Orleans for several weeks and the first scene will be filmed tomorrow and through the 17th on location at the Old Point Bar, according to OnLocationVacations. DC’s CCO Geoff Johns recently visited the set and praised both actors, saying “Ryan IS Hal, and Mark Strong is going to be a brilliant Sinestro.” It’s hard not to be excited for the movie with such awesome casting, including Peter Sarsgaard as Jordan’s rival Hector Hammond, Blake Lively as Carol Ferris/Star Sapphire, and Tim Robbins as Senator Hammond.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast