Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by goodasgold View Post
    Maybe the actor who played LaForge didn't want to do it. We don't know all the behind the scenes that went on.
    Still...they could have shown something from the TNG era like the freaking Enterprise E or something to give it a nice touch to the fans as a easter egg thing. It's a small thing but it could be huge to fandom. And almost every trek actors have all said they would have loved to be in this movie. Believe me after Nemesis every actors involved in that would have loved to redeemed themselves.

Credits
    I have one question for everyone:

SPOILER (Maybe):

Did anyone want to start laughing when the Red shirt was offed during the mission on the dish?

Just checking to see.

Credits

Question

Quote Originally Posted by stardragon View Post
    I have one question for everyone:

SPOILER (Maybe):

Did anyone want to start laughing when the Red shirt was offed during the mission on the dish?

Just checking to see.
    lol...I did. I knew when I saw him what was going to happen.
    Homer Simpson: "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by hlbimage View Post
    Still...they could have shown something from the TNG era like the freaking Enterprise E or something to give it a nice touch to the fans as a easter egg thing.
    True. Something like that would have been pretty sweet.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by goodasgold View Post
    lol...I did. I knew when I saw him what was going to happen.
    Glad I wasn't the only one!!! The cocky attitude the guy had almost guaranteed his fate!!!

j7wild Guest
    I'm going to see it on Thursday on my day off at the new X3D Theater, 70 ft screen!!

Credits
    Saw the IMAX version last night. I've been a fan of Star Trek all of my life but I'm far from hardcore but I'm more than casual fan.

I think J.J. did an awesome job with the 'reboot'. My initial reaction last night was one of a little disappointment that so much was changed in the sense of the alternate reality that was presented. I'm still shocked at Vulcan getting destroyed. I'm also not so sure of the Spock / Uhura romance. After giving it some thought, it was probably in the long run a good move to make these changes and it now opens the door for a lot of possibilities and really is a 'reboot' of the franchise.

The performances from the entire cast was great with Urban being the standout with his dead-on McCoy. Pine was great as Kirk and even has a little bit of Shatner's mannerisms.

I also loved the little touches that were included such as the guy in the red suit on the away team, Chekov's accent, and seeing the Kobayashi Maru.

I absolutely love the score! Michael Giacchino is quickly becoming one of my favourite composers.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    I saw it last night! It was FANTASTIC!

It was definitely setup to be an epic space opera. Any doubts to the contrary were erased when the score started.

Too many standouts to completely metion, but I liked Karl Urban, the destruction of Vulcan, and Kirk. There has been mention of "plot holes", but looking back at the movie, most are explained at least subtlely - there of course were a lot of coincidences, but hey it's a star trek film.

I think the largest flaw was the Spock and Uhura romance. They could have used one more scene to explain it a bit better. It just felt that it was just suddenly there.

Definitely worthy of a sequel, but what would they call it...Star Trek II Too?

A little easter egg to look out for - did anyone catch the tribble when they first met Scotty. You can hear the cooing, and see the tribble behind scotty on his desk.
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    I thought Spock/Uhura relationship was sudden too n thought she is a slut to do that... but I more thought about it the more it made sense. A girl would become close to u using herself to make u feel better.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Granite View Post
    A little easter egg to look out for - did anyone catch the tribble when they first met Scotty. You can hear the cooing, and see the tribble behind scotty on his desk.
    You're right, I can clearly hear it when that small little guy is waking up Scotty. Nice catch man.

Credits
    I went to see this and I'm not a big Star Trek fan I have watched it all in the pasted and I do like certain aspects of it but also I had some problems with it as well. Now when I started seeing the trailers for this it looked interesting and exciting and new. when I actually watched this movie that what it was and it really impressed me it didn't feel "star trekie" like everything that came before I found it hand just enough of the "original material" that it gave you fond memories of where it came from and were it was going. so I enjoyed it a lot and was very pleased as well as impressed.

Credits
    I just saw it last night. I went to see it with a friend but I didn't told him what movie we were going to becuase I knew he would never want to see a star trek movie. afterwards he was pleasantly suprised (as was I). The movie is very entertaining and I thuroughly enjoyed it...I might go back for a second time.
    I'm a mog, half man, half dog, I am my own best friend.

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    I saw it couple of days ago, and - as I wrote in other thread - it is great sci-fi movie. Really good!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12