Thanks Thanks:  0
    j7wild Guest

Question So whatever happen to free speech?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...entry_id=39985

She answered his question according to her beliefs based on how she was brought up and he gets offended?

Did he expect her to kiss his butt and lie on national TV just to say what HE wanted to hear her Say?

Also, I think his votes as a judge on Miss USA should be nullified because there is no doubt, after she answered his question, his vote on whether she will be winner or runner up of the pageant was influenced by his personal grudge toward her.

Furthermore, what the heck was he doing judging a beauty contest with women?!?

Credits
    All Perez cares about is gossiping, backbiting and tearing people down. I don't like him because of this. As far as these pageants are concerned, I don't care much for them...these beauty pageants aren't politic forums. Who cares what the contestants think about gay rights, or stem cells, or abortion, or any other question about social issues.

There is something strange to me about asking someone a serious question while they are standing there in a bikini. Perez Hilton is a moron for even asking a social issue question.
    Homer Simpson: "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."

j7wild Guest
    I have nothing against Gay and Lesbians but I think Perez is being a hypocrite;

he wants people to respect his opinion and his lifestyle yet he won't respect other people's opinion; especially the ones whose opinions are different than his.

I think this whole incident and Perez's attitude probably set Gay Rights back in California a few years.

Credits
    Hypocrite is the perfect word to describe Perez.

j7wild Guest
    would Perez have reacted the same way if the same question was asked by another beauty pageant judge?

Credits
    getting off the point of Perez being what he is ... let's go back to what she said ...

she said that she believes that marriage is between a man and a woman. her position of ms. california, being a public one - it supposed to be representative of her countrymen. with the amendment last year to revoke the ability for gay/lesbians to marry - my thought is that she represents most californians. (or at least the ones who voted)

however, i do not live in california. to me, her opinons are just as callous and close-minded as the rest of the conservatives who feel it is in their best interest to tell everyone how to live their lives.

with her being in the position of Miss America, she has to take the position of the majority of the country - becuase she is an ambassador/diplomat for the country so to speak. i would doubt that the majority of america feels the same way she speaks - just becuase of the backlash she has received. also being an ambassador/diplomat, one has to speak a certain way, more politically i would suppose. she clearly didnt show that talent or ability... or she would have answered the question differently.

as for free speech... you have free speech - as does everyone else in this country. you speak your mind, you must be willing to let others do the same. whether you like what they say or not. once you speak your mind publicly, you have to deal with whatever consequences comes about that - positive or negative...

personally, i dont see how someone can expect too much from a beauty contest participant. they are not there for their intelligence nor how well they can play the saxaphone. they are there for the size of their breasts and the shape of their arse - why people feel the need to have sex objects with intelligence baffles me. i don't want them to talk. just shut up and turn over is all i'm asking....
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by redbear View Post
    personally, i dont see how someone can expect too much from a beauty contest participant. they are not there for their intelligence nor how well they can play the saxaphone. they are there for the size of their breasts and the shape of their arse - why people feel the need to have sex objects with intelligence baffles me. i don't want them to talk. just shut up and turn over is all i'm asking....
    Amen !!!, praise the lord for giving us beautiful women with large breasts and limited IQ.
    Got to agree with redbear here, it's a beauty pageant, and you have to be a looker, otherwise they would not have the contestants walking around half naked on stage. You want someone Political, get Palin or Lewinsky (Bonus points for Lewinsky), you want intellect, get MENSA involved, but I can guarantee you that you might not find too many that you will want to prance around in a swimsuit.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

j7wild Guest

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post
    you want intellect, get MENSA involved, but I can guarantee you that you might not find too many that you will want to prance around in a swimsuit.

my wife is a member of Mensa; she has a genius level IQ; she graduated from college Summa Cum Laude; but she still looks great prancing around in a swimsuit even after giving birth to 3 angels!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    my wife is a member of Mensa; she has a genius level IQ; she graduated from college Summa Cum Laude; but she still looks great prancing around in a swimsuit even after giving birth to 3 angels!!

She cant be that smart, she married you !!!!

Joking aside, hell, if she wants to go for it, i'll vote for her.

Credits
    If you for some reason decide that an Q&A should be part of a beauty pageant, and that the contestants should be Judges on their answers, then ofcourse he did nothing wrong.

If its his view that having a bigoted winner (and representative for a year) is a bad idea, he should not vote for her. What the population at large thinks has nothing to do with it. Hes the judge, not the ppl.

If u have a Q&A, you cant really get upset when the contestants are judged on it.
    Last edited by Gaumont; 05-13-2009 at 03:20 PM.
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    my wife is a member of Mensa; she has a genius level IQ
    What yould you call a "genious level IQ?"

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by redbear View Post
    becuase she is an ambassador/diplomat for the country so to speak.
    Seriously though, does any one really care about these young woman being ambassadors for their country? The only reason anyone is paying attention to this story is because of the question. No one is actually paying attention to the winner of pageant. Miss California did not win.

Miss California was in a lose-lose situation with that question. Within her own state it is almost split 50-50 for people when it comes to gay marriage. (Results I believe were 52% to 48%) It's not like those against gay marriage won by a land slide. It is a very divisive topic. She was going to lose and receive backlash no matter what her answer was.

j7wild Guest

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Gaumont View Post
    What yould you call a "genious level IQ?"
    140 or higher for women!!

try this test for fun and see if you can answer all 30 questions in 30 min or less

http://www.mensa.org/index0.php?page=12

my wife did it in 20 min!!

Credits
    140 or higher for women!!

try this test for fun and see if you can answer all 30 questions in 30 min or less

http://www.mensa.org/index0.php?page=12
    Donīt need to, Im already a member of Mensa.

BTW thats a pretty bad test, since its to a large degree is dependent on language and also a bit of culture.

Thats not a fair test since ppl with longer education will score higher. Which dosent make them more intelligent. Just better educated.

Credits
    Wow I am apparently NOT "Better educated." Than the people who made up that test. Ha, I didn't even finish it, cause my brain started to hurt.

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"