Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Thumbs up V The new series on ABC

http://themovieblog.com/2009/05/v-trailer-online

One of the biggest TV Movie Miniseries events of the 80s was V. For those of you even old enough to remember it, it featured an alien invasion that started out looking like friendly visitors from another world who needed help from Earth, and in exchange they would share their technology with us. Then a subtle plot is revealed that these humanoid looking Visitors (where they get the V) are hiding their reptilian forms and their true intentions to dominate and destroy mankind.

Now ABC is remaking the 1983 movie event into a TV series and the first Trailer is online.

http://abc.go.com/fallpreview/index?...=rm+google+v+v

Today, the world woke up to find spaceships over every major city. The Visitors claim to have come in peace, bringing gifts of medical miracles and technological breakthroughs. They promise to do no harm. They're lying.

Most people believe the aliens have arrived just when we needed them most. We're eager to embrace their generous offers of help, but while tracking a terrorist cell, Homeland Security agent Erica Evans stumbles upon something far more sinister. Erica discovers that the aliens have plans to infiltrate our governments and businesses, planting seeds for their plot to control mankind. Convincing anyone of the truth will be impossible because the Visitors have two powerful weapons. First, they've given the people faith with their reassuring presence and gifts. Second, they've rallied our youth. Thousands of teens, including Erica's son, have been recruited as 'Peace Ambassadors' but they're actually serving as unwitting spies. When Erica gets thrust into the resistance movement, she'll have to balance her covert activities with her job and her role as a mother, fighting to protect her son Tyler - even as he joins forces with the enemy.

From executive producer Scott Peters, Emmy-nominated creator of The 4400, comes a bold re-imagining of the sci-fi classic. Let the invasion begin.

The series is produced by HDFilms in association with Warner Bros. Television. Scott Peters is executive producer/writer and Steve Pearlman and Jace Hall are executive producers.

j7wild Guest
    V was a tv series too, it only lasted 19 episodes for barely one season before it was cancelled;

why resurrect it?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    V was a tv series too, it only lasted 19 episodes for barely one season before it was cancelled;

why resurrect it?

oh c'mon ... you already know the answer. hollywood can't come up with anything new so they remake and resurrect whatever they can get their hands on.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    Why there is no word about this on Kenneth Johnson's website? Do they (abc) did this without him?

Credits
    I have very little interest in this at the moment. Maybe no interest. But then again I had no interest in Battlestar Galactica as well. After some coaxing from my brother to watch it, it turned out to be one of my favorite tv series. This 'V' could turn out to be a turd or a pleasant surprise. Right now I'm thinking turd.
    Homer Simpson: "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."

j7wild Guest

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by goodasgold View Post
    This 'V' could turn out to be a turd or a pleasant surprise. Right now I'm thinking turd.
    The miniseries was turd and the tv series wasn't much better hence why it only lasted 19 episodes, barely one entire season.

Credits
    I guess this means Juliette did die at the hatch!

I am old enough to remember the original series and I enjoyed it as a kid. An updated version might be pretty good.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    I agree the original series was really good I just hope they do it justice, it's nice to see a few big names on the cast that's always a good sign.