Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

xXx: The Return of Xander Cage 3D

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=58378

The Hollywood Reporter says Ericson Core (Invincible) will direct XXX: The Return of Xander Cage, Columbia Pictures' third installment in the franchise. Neal Moritz and Joe Roth are producing.

Vin Diesel is reprising the role he originated in the 2002 movie, directed by Rob Cohen. Diesel and Cohen skipped the 2005 sequel, XXX: State of the Union, which starred Ice Cube and was directed by Lee Tamahori.

Core, a cinematographer-turned-director, worked as DP on Diesel's 2001 film The Fast and the Furious.

John Brancato and Michael Ferris (Terminator Salvation) wrote the script for "Xander Cage." It involves Cage's return to the National Security Agency after an eight-year absence. Richard Wilkes, who wrote the original movie, did a recent polish.

The studio aims to roll cameras early next year.
    I pretty much enjoyed the first film but didn't think too much of xXx 2. I hope this gets a decent script.Now I wonder if they are gonna bring back the GTO.

I guess they will play it like he never really died in the sequel but faked his death to get away.
    Last edited by Hardkore; 04-05-2010 at 11:21 AM.

Credits
    AWESOME NEWS!!!
    Loved the first. Over the top 007 it was!!! 2 was $hithouse!!!!
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=50090

XXX: The Return of Xander Cage

Release Date: TBA 2011 (3D/2D theaters)
    Studio: Paramount Pictures
    Director: Rob Cohen
    Screenwriter: Michael Ferris, John Brancato
    Starring: Vin Diesel, Samuel L. Jackson

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=64750

Deadline New York is reporting that XXX: The Return of Xander Cage has left Columbia Pictures and negotiations are now underway for Paramount to finance the production and distribute the film in late 2011 or early 2012.

Rob Cohen, who had left the project to make Medieval (that project has stalled), has returned as the director and he will reunite with his The Fast and the Furious and XXX star Vin Diesel. Cohen will shoot the new installment with 3D cameras.

"I feel what we did in the beginning of the decade was bring a different attitude to the action movie and a different kind of hero," Cohen told the site. "With the new 3D instrument and the techniques I can apply, we can create a different kind of cutting-edge experience in 3D by shooting it that way from the beginning the way James Cameron did 'Avatar.' This won't be fantasy characters, it takes place on Earth in real time. That's a new dimension to be explored, and I'm excited."

In the script, written by Michael Ferris and John Brancato, Xander Cage (Diesel) is left for dead, but returns to execute a very difficult assignment that only he can pull off.

Samuel L. Jackson will reprise his role as Agent Augustus Gibbons as well. Joe Roth and Neal Moritz will produce with Diesel and Samantha Vincent.

Diesel will star in the new "XXX" after he completes Fast Five, the next film in the "Fast and Furious" franchise.

Credits
    Yeah, more 3D!!!

At least they're going to film it in 3D and not the other way around.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.