Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Exclamation manga turned in live-action

After the Akira news, I read today in the Wizard that Hollywood will produce a live-action movie on Ninja Scroll. This one is my favorite manga, but I don't think it's a good idea to make a movie on that. It would be too violent! ! No, seriously, I don't think a manga can become a good movie...A message for Hollywood :"let the Japanese produce their arts and produce your"
    D. Mc'lawns,
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.--Verbal Kint, Usual Suspect

Credits

I was so excited when i first was going to watch Ninja Scroll. I waited so long for this anime but as soon as it finished, i was very dissapointed. It was like watching a saturday morning cartoon. It was just way too simple. I expected complexity!
    I bet that this version Hollywood would be making will be PG or M withonly minimum violence. They always try to make movies their style... importance valves, and sensible. WE WANT ORIGINALITY!
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits

Akira - American Style

talk about bumping up an old thread!!!
    Another piece of news from my local cinema I got in my mailbox.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hollywood has often turned to European cinema as a source of inspiration for remakes, but its interests may now be focussing on Japan. Following the creepy English- language version of the Japanese thriller, The Ring (opening here November 14), the next cinema classic from that country to be remade will be the anime movie, Akira directed by Stephen Norrington (Blade.). Of course, this is not the first time Tinsel Town has delivered its interpretations of memorable Japanese movies. The Western, The Magnificent Seven was a remake of The Seven Samurai and of course there was the American version of the movie that starred the biggest icon of Japanese cinema - Godzilla!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blade was well done too. Can't wait for Akira Live action! Hope it will be gorrrrrrrrry!!
    Last edited by Kn'thrak; 10-17-2002 at 06:24 PM.

Credits
    I hope these stories are false. Did anyone ever catch the fist of the north star movie?
    Anime should not be made into live action.

Credits
    Originally posted by moviebuff
    I hope these stories are false. Did anyone ever catch the fist of the north star movie?
    Anime should not be made into live action.
    lol i did. sooooo bad
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    As per usual I'm aprehensive. Look at the Ring (although its not manga and after seing the second trailer I'm extremely intrigued now!)

Did anyone see the live action version of crying freeman? How **** was that!

Anyway, I say leave them alone cause, well I don't know really. I'll be very interested to see the result. It will be very hard to top those Anime's. It has to be executed perfectly just to even to begin matching the anime versions.

We shall see...

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits
    Originally posted by project mayhem
    Did anyone see the live action version of crying freeman? How **** was that!
    WTF?! You don't know ****. :butt:

THIS MOVIE ROCKS! 4.5 out of 5 from my side. So says ZUBi! ...

Crying Freeman (1995)
    http://us.imdb.com/Title?0112750

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    Originally posted by ZUBi
    WTF?! You don't know ****. :butt:

THIS MOVIE ROCKS! 4.5 out of 5 from my side. So says ZUBi! ...

Crying Freeman (1995)
    http://us.imdb.com/Title?0112750
    wouldent give it 4.5 but i liked it too.

Credits
    Man, I've gotta say: live-action manga/anime never works.

Even Jackie Chan f**ked up a good manga/anime with "City Hunter". (See the little pic in my signature? That's from the original TV anime series of "City Hunter".)

Not to say that all live-action comic movies don't work. I lovvvve "Batman". "Superman" "Spider-Man" "X-Men" are OKay with me.

I just think Hollywood better stick with adapting American comics to the big screen.

At the meantime, with Japanese animes I'd rather stick with the originals.

I can't imagine something like a live-action "Neon Genesis Evangelion"... (Where's the "digusted" simlie when you need one!!?...)

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    All the bad movies turned from animes are old. Thats the problem. Today we can do much better in movie converstion.
    Spider-Man is just a prime example for that.

Akira would be easy to make since it was made for the Western world to begin with!

Credits
    WTF?! You don't know ****.

...sorry for having an opinion. Who are you too tell me what I should think about what is good and bad.