Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Your Best Movies of the Decade 2000 - 2009

I won't post any links or lists. I want you to share your personal Best Movies of the Decade. Be as subjective as you want...

The movie that is on top of my list for this decade is...

Yes, "Mystic River" dir. by Clint Eastwood. I've always liked crime/thriller/drama movies and this movie is the perfect combination of those ingredients. It also introduced me to the amazing world of Dennis Lehane books.

I will also mention two other films that I really like and often come back to them on DVD. First will be "The Departed" and the second will be "Black Hawk Down".

I would also like to give my personal Best Director of the Decade Award to Clint Eastwood. He surprised me with every movie over the last few years. My second favorite is Peter Jackson. He did an amazing job on LoTR and King Kong, I think he was the most inspirational director of the decade.

And my Favorite Actress of the Decade is Naomi Watts (Mulholland Dr, The Ring, 21 Grams, Stay, King Kong)

I'm waiting for your choices.

Credits
    Good list Harvey!

I also give my Breakthrough Director of the Decade to: Zack Snyder (Dawn of the Dead, 300, Watchmen) I just hope someday he directs some original screenplay material, not only comic books or remakes. Dude is really talented.

Credits
    My list will be posted later this week. I gotta' think about this a bit more.
    Homer Simpson: "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by goodasgold View Post
    My list will be posted later this week. I gotta' think about this a bit more.
    Same here...

Credits
    This is my favorite 15 of the past decade. If a movie is not on this list it is quite possible that I didn't see it...or that I didn't like it as much as anyone else....or maybe it was one of my favorites but I am only choosing fifteen. Quite honestly this list could have been longer, but my brain was starting to hurt trying to remember all the movies I've seen.

15. 3:10 to Yuma (2007)
    14. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)
    13. Pride and Prejudice (2003)
    12. About a Boy (2002)
    11. Whale Rider (2002)
    10. Kill Bill Vol. 1 (2003)
    9. Spirited Away (2001)
    8. Love Actually (2003)
    7. Children of Men (2006)
    6. Monsters Inc. (2001)
    5. Avatar (2009)
    4. The Dark Knight (2008)
    3. Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
    2. Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002)
    1. Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (2003)

Credits
    It's always hard to make those kind of list. I put the trailer links in hyperlink, some movies must be obscur for no french people...

10. (James Mangold, 2008)
    9. (Baz Luhrmann, 2001)
    8. (Guy Maddin, 2002)
    7. (Darren Aronofsky, 2000)
    6. (Christopher Nolan, 2000)
    5. (Martin Scorsese, 2006)
    4. (Jean-Pierre Jeunet, 2001)
    3. (Denis Villeneuve, 2009)
    2. (Lars von Trier, 2003)
    1. The Lady and the Duke (Eric Rohmer, 2001)

Polytechnique and Requiem for a Dream use the same Moby song in the trailers, Everloving.

Quentin Tarantino is still my favorite director "of the decade" for Kill Bill, Grindhouse and Inglorius Basterds, even if this not his better works (my favorite of him is Jackie Brown). For Peter Jackson, since LOTR, my impression of him goes down. I hate King Kong and I found The Lovely Bones tone unbalanced, I didn't like Zack Snyder's adaptation of the 300 or the Watchmen either, but maybe it's just me, beside I'm the only one I know that love Oliver Stone's Alexander, so I can be deranged or something.

Favorite Actress: Helena Bonham Carter was for the last decade. Nicole Kidman WAS my favorite in the beginning of this one (for Dogville/Moulin Rouge/The Others/The Hours) but I didn't like her interpretation later (The Stepford Wives/The Human Stain/Bewitched/The Interpreter...). I don't know... hum... Scarlett Johansson, for her presence maybe more than her acting, I really like her (Woody Allen movies/Lost in Translation/A Good Woman).

Favorite Actor: I love Sam Rockwell as well, good pick. He is a scene stealer.

*´¨)
    ¸.~´¸.~*´¨) ¸.~*¨)
    (¸.~´ (¸.~´ `(•.°)~
    My Listology profile

Credits
    Hey guys - I know this is totally the wrong place to put this - ah - here goes anyways - I'm new and have a few questions about the site (which looks awesome by the way) where do i ask these very important questions - please help. . .

my favourite movies?

1. Pirates At World's End
    2. Avatar
    3. 28 Weeks Later
    4. Juno
    5. Shaun of the Dead

that's all I can think of right now, lol.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by NothingOriginal55 View Post
    Hey guys - I know this is totally the wrong place to put this - ah - here goes anyways - I'm new and have a few questions about the site (which looks awesome by the way) where do i ask these very important questions - please help. . .
    Well, it depend, if you have a technical problem then, you could try this section:
    http://www.movie-list.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7
    Or you could try the "Site News / Suggestions" or the Search feature to see if the question you ask have been asking before...

Credits
    My top ten film releases of the decade.

1 - Crash
    2 - Mystic River
    3 - Iron Man
    4 - Lucky # 7
    5 - Bandits
    6 - Traffic
    7 - The Aviator
    8 - The Departed
    9 - Blood Diamond
    10 - Duplicity