Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    j7wild Guest

Talking Spiderman IV Villains Announced

Yes, they’re making a Spiderman IV. Why wouldn’t they be? You enjoy watching Tobey Maguire make faces like a mentally challenged man just as much as I do. And I hope they bring back emo Spiderman. Kids love it when superheroes get all prissy. And worry about which way their hair’ll be thrown to the side. Which brings me to today’s news: the villains for Spiderman IV are here. And they’re weird.

First off, Spiderman has a plethora of villains to choose from. They went with Venom, an old stand-by, in three, but for the new movie they’re going more esoteric. How esoteric? Malkovich esoteric. John Malkovich has been tapped to play the Vulture.

For those of you that aren’t super nerds, the Vulture is an elderly ex-electrical engineer that designed a super-suit that allowed him to do super things. Like most supervillains. He then turned to a life of crime. The other villain will be Felicia Hardy. For those of you that ARE super nerds, you may know her as the Black Cat. But in this installment, she’s going to be a supervillainess know as — wait for it — the Vulturess. Playing the Vulturess? Anne Hathaway.

I can’t decide if this is a massive clusterf*k of fail, or if it will legitimately be a good outing.

Credits
    The Vulture would be a cool villain to see on the big screen. But who the hell is the Vulturess? Never heard of that character before. Make her the Black Cat.
    Homer Simpson: "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."

Credits
    felicia hardy was never really a villian in the sense that she always had a thing for spiderman (maybe in the very beginning - but that was like 25yrs ago) ... if they decide to pick up where 3 left off, this would be a good way of creating sexual tension between spiderman, mary jane and now the black cat. that could be interesting. the vulture could be a good bad guy - John Malkovich is solid when it comes to being the bad guy. though, though, i have no clue how they will pull this off now that harry has been killed off as well as venom. venom they could easily bring back as someone new (if you follow the current story lines, that would be the scorpion now) ... but honestly, harry and venom both are integral parts of spidey's life. i dont see how they could kill them off. but that's hollywood - they always kill off the characters main villian, which has never made any sense to me at all ....

personally, i'd love to see the jackal make an appearance with the kaine - ben reilly - cloneage story line. so wouldnt kraven and mysterio as well ....
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    Not excited about this movie at all. Booooooo.....

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

Credits
    I'm still excited for this despite the third one being so bad. Perhaps this will even make up for the last film...

Credits
    Is this one going to be a musical too?
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    Considering that the third one was bad the part 4 should really make up for it and i think thats waht they will do... should be an exciting movie hopefully

Credits

http://www.cinematical.com/2010/01/1...-4-is-no-more/

This post from Deadline.com has turned out out to be true, as Sony has confirmed via their Twitter feed. Sam Raimi has ankled Spider-Man 4, and they're killing the sequel instead of hiring a new director. And even though Spider-Man 3 brought in nearly a billion dollars in total worldwide revenue, they're going to reboot the series instead of sticking with the same cast. Sounds dramatic, right?

Apparently Raimi felt he couldn't realistically meet Sony's 2011 release date, so he's left the project. Sony co-chairman Amy Pascal and Columbia Pictures president Matt Tolmach then decided to jettison everything and start from scratch. Obviously this will save them the bloated salaries of the Tobey Maguire et al., but is it going to kill interest in the series? For an entire generation, Tobey Maguire is Spider-Man.

Personally, I didn't enjoy Spider-Man 3 as much as the previous two films, and I imagine that Raimi has grown tired of the project on a personal level as well, so I welcome any sort of change in this franchise. The fourth film already felt like it was overburdened with villains (including John Malkovich as The Vulture) and story, so a reboot could be good. Or it could scuttle everything Raimi did.

Could we just wait on it for awhile? Sony and Columbia we know your coffers are insatiably hungry, but please don't rush a script into production for 2011. Take your time with this one, and give us back our teenaged, loveable, pun and web-slinging Spidey. Alas, right now the tentative plan is to "reboot" the series, from scratch, in 2012.

Peter Parker is going back to high school when the next Spider-Man hits theaters in the summer of 2012.

Columbia Pictures and Marvel Studios announced today they are moving forward with a film based on a script by James Vanderbilt that focuses on a teenager grappling with both contemporary human problems and amazing super-human crises.

The new chapter in the "Spider-Man" franchise produced by Columbia, Marvel Studios and Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin, will have a new cast and filmmaking team. Spider-Man 4 was to have been released in 2011, but had not yet gone into production.

"A decade ago we set out on this journey with Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire and together we made three 'Spider-Man' films that set a new bar for the genre. When we began, no one ever imagined that we would make history at the box-office and now we have a rare opportunity to make history once again with this franchise. Peter Parker as an ordinary young adult grappling with extraordinary powers has always been the foundation that has made this character so timeless and compelling for generations of fans. We're very excited about the creative possibilities that come from returning to Peter's roots and we look forward to working once again with Marvel Studios, Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin on this new beginning," said Amy Pascal, co-chairman of Sony Pictures Entertainment.

"Working on the 'Spider-Man' movies was the experience of a lifetime for me. While we were looking forward to doing a fourth one together, the studio and Marvel have a unique opportunity to take the franchise in a new direction, and I know they will do a terrific job," said Sam Raimi.

"We have had a once-in-a-lifetime collaboration and friendship with Sam and Tobey and they have given us their best for the better part of the last decade. This is a bittersweet moment for us because while it is hard to imagine Spider-Man in anyone else's hands, I know that this was a day that was inevitable," said Matt Tolmach, president of Columbia Pictures, who has served as the studio's chief production executive since the beginning of the franchise. "Now everything begins anew, and that's got us all tremendously excited about what comes next. Under the continuing supervision of Avi and Laura, we have a clear vision for the future of Spider-Man and can't wait to share this exciting new direction with audiences in 2012."

"'Spider-Man' will always be an important franchise for Sony Pictures and a fresh start like this is a responsibility that we all take very seriously," said Michael Lynton, Chairman and CEO of Sony Pictures. "We have always believed that story comes first and story guides the direction of these films and as we move onto the next chapter, we will stay true to that principle and will do so with the highest respect for the source material and the fans and moviegoers who deserve nothing but the best when it comes to bringing these stories and characters to life on the big screen."

The studio will have more news about Spider-Man in 2012 in the coming weeks as it prepares for production of the film.

Credits
    Bad bad bad move by Sony. Toby Maguire is still Spider-Man in so many peoples minds, it is retarded to reboot this so soon.

Credits
    Reboot? Why reboot so soon after the first three movies? Superman needs a reboot. Spider-man does not need a reboot. I do not understand their reasons for rebooting at all.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by odj_310388 View Post
    Bad bad bad move by Sony. Toby Maguire is still Spider-Man in so many peoples minds, it is retarded to reboot this so soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by goodasgold View Post
    Reboot? Why reboot so soon after the first three movies? Superman needs a reboot. Spider-man does not need a reboot. I do not understand their reasons for rebooting at all.
    because at this point, Tobey contracted for x amount of dollars to do SM. with the conclusion of all three, ends his contract. now he can ask for more $$ knowing just how lucrative the franchise is. sony, obviously being tightwads and only looking at their bottom line, decides to go with someone not as famous as tobey, thus not having to pay him what they would have paid tobey.

spiderman is the new 80s batman franchise. keaton and burton were awesome. change out the director and main star (shumacher and kilmer/clooney), movie goes to ****.

anyone want to take bet that this one does the same ...??

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Sony pushed Spider-Man 4 to 2012. There will be new director and cast and story. I'll try to find english source.

EDIT: Here you have:

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/hol...-scrapped-8940
    Last edited by Mithrandir01; 01-12-2010 at 07:12 AM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by redbear View Post
    anyone want to take bet that this one does the same ...??
    Amen to that. With great money comes great... greed.

I'm getting tired of this trend of rebooting everything. There's Alien Reboot, Predator Reboot, The Thing Reboot. It's like saying: "Oh, those other movies are crap, we'll do it better this time". No, you won't!

Do they know they might just killed a 3BLN $ franchise... that still could bring some good money? I'm not a big fan of Raimi's Spidey but I think he did a good job on those movies nevertheless. If they think they can pull off another Dark Knight... well good luck with that
    Last edited by michalz00; 01-12-2010 at 09:57 AM.

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    And official Sony statement:

Peter Parker is going back to high school when the next Spider-Man hits theaters in the summer of 2012.
    Columbia Pictures and Marvel Studios announced today they are moving forward with a film based on a script by James Vanderbilt that focuses on a teenager grappling with both contemporary human problems and amazing super-human crises.

The new chapter in the Spider-Man franchise produced by Columbia, Marvel Studios and Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin, will have a new cast and filmmaking team. Spider-Man 4 was to have been released in 2011, but had not yet gone into production.

"A decade ago we set out on this journey with Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire and together we made three Spider-Man films that set a new bar for the genre. When we began, no one ever imagined that we would make history at the box-office and now we have a rare opportunity to make history once again with this franchise. Peter Parker as an ordinary young adult grappling with extraordinary powers has always been the foundation that has made this character so timeless and compelling for generations of fans. We're very excited about the creative possibilities that come from returning to Peter's roots and we look forward to working once again with Marvel Studios, Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin on this new beginning," said Amy Pascal, co-chairman of Sony Pictures Entertainment.

"Working on the Spider-Man movies was the experience of a lifetime for me. While we were looking forward to doing a fourth one together, the studio and Marvel have a unique opportunity to take the franchise in a new direction, and I know they will do a terrific job," said Sam Raimi.

"We have had a once-in-a-lifetime collaboration and friendship with Sam and Tobey and they have given us their best for the better part of the last decade.This is a bittersweet moment for us because while it is hard to imagine Spider-Man in anyone else's hands, I know that this was a day that was inevitable," said Matt Tolmach, president of Columbia Pictures, who has served as the studio's chief production executive since the beginning of the franchise. "Now everything begins anew, and that's got us all tremendously excited about what comes next. Under the continuing supervision of Avi and Laura, we have a clear vision for the future of Spider-Man and can't wait to share this exciting new direction with audiences in 2012."

"Spider-Man will always be an important franchise for Sony Pictures and a fresh start like this is a responsibility that we all take very seriously," said Michael Lynton, Chairman and CEO of Sony Pictures. "We have always believed that story comes first and story guides the direction of these films and as we move onto the next chapter, we will stay true to that principle and will do so with the highest respect for the source material and the fans and moviegoers who deserve nothing but the best when it comes to bringing these stories and characters to life on the big screen."

The studio will have more news about Spider-Man in 2012 in the coming weeks as it prepares for production of the film.
    source: here

Credits
    Well it looks like their going back to making movies for kids instead of fanboys (and girls). I'll wait and see on this one. I was so impressed with the first Raimi/Mcguire Spiderman. I was so surprised at how good it was. Hope they don't screw this up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast